Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.audio.pro,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
D D is offline

Default A background rumble appears in a sound from microphone in Sound blaster Live.

Hello!
A background (about 50hz) rumble appears in a sound from microphone.
Windows XP SP2.
I tried two headsets (which surely are good). The rumble decreases if
I touch the computer case. I checked the inside of the case, did not
find any improper contacts. The sound card is Creative sound blaster
live ct4830. I tried the latest Microsoft and Creative drivers. The
Creative driver does not output sound from microphone to speakers at
the same time, but only from a recording from the microphone. How to
prevent the rumble?
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Curt Christianson Curt Christianson is offline

Make sure that your computers power cord is a three prong plug. There is
the possibility it's not being grounded through the socket, or power strip
if you are using one of those. In that case try another outlet, and maybe
plugging the computer in directly rather than through a power strip.

There's also the possibility of things being grounded in more than one way,
and then you'd be talking about "ground loops" which become a little more
difficult to deal with. Stay away from those 3-prong to 2-prong adapters.

Good luck.

--
HTH,
Curt

Windows Support Center
www.aumha.org
Practically Nerded,...
http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

"D" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hello!
| A background (about 50hz) rumble appears in a sound from microphone.
| Windows XP SP2.
| I tried two headsets (which surely are good). The rumble decreases if
| I touch the computer case. I checked the inside of the case, did not
| find any improper contacts. The sound card is Creative sound blaster
| live ct4830. I tried the latest Microsoft and Creative drivers. The
| Creative driver does not output sound from microphone to speakers at
| the same time, but only from a recording from the microphone. How to
| prevent the rumble?
| Best regards,
| Dima

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.audio.pro,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_10_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_10_] is offline

Does your computer run on 60 hz power or 50 Hz power?
Do you mean HUM or BuZZ rather than rumble?

Rumble to most of us is the sound that came from our
turntables when spinning vinyl records. Buzz and Hum come from
the power lines etc.

peace
dawg

"D" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello!
A background (about 50hz) rumble appears in a sound from
microphone.
Windows XP SP2.
I tried two headsets (which surely are good). The rumble
decreases if
I touch the computer case. I checked the inside of the case,
did not
find any improper contacts. The sound card is Creative sound
blaster
live ct4830. I tried the latest Microsoft and Creative
drivers. The
Creative driver does not output sound from microphone to
speakers at
the same time, but only from a recording from the
microphone. How to
prevent the rumble?
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.audio.pro,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"D" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello!
A background (about 50hz) rumble appears in a sound from microphone.
Windows XP SP2.
I tried two headsets (which surely are good). The rumble decreases if
I touch the computer case. I checked the inside of the case, did not
find any improper contacts. The sound card is Creative sound blaster
live ct4830. I tried the latest Microsoft and Creative drivers. The
Creative driver does not output sound from microphone to speakers at
the same time, but only from a recording from the microphone. How to
prevent the rumble?

By "rumble", do you mean hum? Where are you located? What's the line
frequency where you live?

If the "rumble" isn't hum, then it could be a mechanical resonance of the
computer's case with one of the fans. One way to reduce this is to put
adhesive pads on the metal case; they're usually sold for dampening rattles
in cars.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
D D is offline

On Oct 16, 12:50 am, "Curt Christianson"
wrote:
Make sure that your computers power cord is a three prong plug. There is
the possibility it's not being grounded through the socket, or power strip
if you are using one of those. In that case try another outlet, and maybe
plugging the computer in directly rather than through a power strip.

There's also the possibility of things being grounded in more than one way,
and then you'd be talking about "ground loops" which become a little more
difficult to deal with. Stay away from those 3-prong to 2-prong adapters.

Good luck.

--
HTH,
Curt

Windows Support Centerwww.aumha.org
Practically Nerded,...http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

"D" wrote in message

ups.com...
| Hello!
| A background (about 50hz) rumble appears in a sound from microphone.
| Windows XP SP2.
| I tried two headsets (which surely are good). The rumble decreases if
| I touch the computer case. I checked the inside of the case, did not
| find any improper contacts. The sound card is Creative sound blaster
| live ct4830. I tried the latest Microsoft and Creative drivers. The
| Creative driver does not output sound from microphone to speakers at
| the same time, but only from a recording from the microphone. How to
| prevent the rumble?
| Best regards,
| Dima

Thanks Cur for your suggestions!

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.audio.pro,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
D D is offline

"D" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hello!
A background (about 50hz) rumble appears in a sound from
microphone.
Windows XP SP2.
I tried two headsets (which surely are good). The rumble
decreases if
I touch the computer case. I checked the inside of the case,
did not
find any improper contacts. The sound card is Creative sound
blaster
live ct4830. I tried the latest Microsoft and Creative
drivers. The
Creative driver does not output sound from microphone to
speakers at
the same time, but only from a recording from the
microphone. How to
prevent the rumble?
Best regards,
Dima- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Dawg for your explanation!
My computer runs on 50 Hz power.
I mean HUM rather than rumble.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.audio.pro,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
D D is offline

On Oct 16, 8:33 am, "Paul Stamler" wrote:
"D" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Paul for your suggestion!
The line frequency where I live is 50 Hz. I live in Russia.
By "rumble", I mean hum.