Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssl.tech@yahoo.com is offline

Default Linux an Audio Production Production Heaven (and It's Free)

That's very funny!
Do you do card tricks as well?

The problem with you Linux freaks is that you are living in your own
twisted world where everything is Linux.
The real world is not like that and while many of us would LIKE to see
Linux versions of our favorite applications, we also are
educated enough to realize that Linux has a long, long, long way to go
before it can ever start knocking on heaven's, err, Protools door.

The time wasted just trying to make Linux actually work is not worth
the money lost due to downtime.
And what about clients?
It's bad enough for Protools free studios (not a bad thing IMHO) to
face clients who expect Protools.
Try telling them you run Linux and see how long they stick around.

Currently Linux is where Mac was 10 years or more ago.
And Mac keeps moving the bar higher and higher as Linux stagnates with
the same old vi vs emacs wars.

Sorry, but you can keep your Linux where it belongs, on a server in a
locked closet where it will more than likely run for 10 years without
a problem.
But please, keep Linux off the desktop and for God's sakes stop trying
to pawn Linux off as a professional audio environment because it's
not.

Erik

On Sep 5, 8:14 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Top 10 Linux Distributions for Audio Production

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever dreamed of building your own music studio? I know you did and
| it may come true someday (or not), but until then here are some very
| interesting 100% FREE, Open Source Linux distributions with enhancements and
| features aimed at music, sound and even video production.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-1...ns-for-Audio-P...

Related:

Something's Happening Here [Linux Audio]

,----[ Quote ]
| Many cool things are happening in the Linux audio world, I have a lot
| of profiles and reviews in the works, so stay tuned and check in again
| soon.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000216

[Ardour] 2.0 released for OS X and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Nearly 2 years of work have gone into this new version. Along the way a
| huge number of bugs were fixed, performance and workflow were improved,
| and many new features were added.
`----

http://www.ardour.org/node/895

Ubuntu Studio & Ardour2 Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| The first screenshot is a clean view of the Ubuntu Studio desktop. It's
| hard to see (as this 1600×1200 desktop shot has been resized) but the
| custom theme they have created is simply awe inspiring...
`----

http://www.ubustu.com/globe/2007/04/...dour2-screensh...

Enhancing second language acquisition with Audacity

,----[ Quote ]
| As a language educator, I recommend Audacity for teachers,
| students, and researchers. It provides a number of great tools for
| analysis, content creation, and learning.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/articl...35237&from=rss

A Good Beginning (And Some Holiday DSP)

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope you've enjoyed this random blend of news and reviews. My next
| entry will profile the Aldrin music composition software and will
| include an interview with its author, Leonard 'paniq' Ritter. Until
| then, stay tuned, keep swinging, and I hope you all enjoy a fine
| and mellow holiday season.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000147

Review of dyne:bolic 2.4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusion
|
| Man, I wish I had this 10 years ago when I was recording and
| playing music full time. This is a great system packed with
| very handy software that can easily cost you several thousand
| dollars of outboard gear to replace.
`----

http://www.openaddict.com/review_of_...lic_2_4_2.html

I'm JADed! [JackLab Audio Distribution, Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| So has my quest ended ? Well, despite the sidetrips taken during
| the post-installation configuration I'm very impressed with JAD,
| and I'll leave it as the default system for the old box. I'm
| building a more powerful 32-bit machine now, and I intend to
| load it with the JAD distro. Given its excellent performance
| on my ancient iron, I look forward to its performance on a more
| suitable machine.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000208

Getting My Kicks On Route 64

,----[ Quote ]
| More users are jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon, and the 64Studio
| developers are doing their best to make the ride as smooth as possible.
| Bumps may occur, and users experiencing problems with the system can
| reach Daniel and Free via the active 64Studio mail-list. If you own a
| 64-bit (AMD or Intel) machine and want to know how it handles
| contemporary Linux sound and music software, check out 64Studio,
| it's Da 64-bit Bomb.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000126

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Bob Bob is offline

wrote:

That's very funny!
Do you do card tricks as well?

your a ****ing idiot, flatfish.

--
Mepis or Debian Linux
an OS for the 21st Century

Microsoft = A Lost Cause
Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
chrisv chrisv is offline

wrote:

Do you

*plonk*

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssl.tech@yahoo.com is offline

On Sep 5, 10:48 pm, Bob wrote:
wrote:
That's very funny!
Do you do card tricks as well?

your a ****ing idiot, flatfish.

--
Mepis or Debian Linux
an OS for the 21st Century

Microsoft = A Lost Cause

That would be 'you're' not 'your'.
Sorry Bob, but you are the one who looks like an idiot.

What the hell is a flatfish?
Is that some kind of Linux freakzoid?

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssl.tech@yahoo.com is offline

Keep talking Homer because the more you open your Linux polluted trap
the more you prove beyond doubt that you are a Linux zealot.

Aren't you the one who keeps comparing Microsoft to the 9-11 horror?

You're a mental case in need of a good dose of some kind of *zine.

BTW it's interesting how not a single one of you Linux freakzoids
could counter my points.

When it's not flag waving and comparing Microsoft to 9-11 you quickly
run out of material.

No wonder the linux community is considered such a joke.

On Sep 5, 10:50 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
Verily I say unto thee, that spake thusly:

The problem with you Linux freaks snip garbage

The problem with /you/ is that you seem incapable of discerning the
difference between someone's opinion and an aggregation of news
articles. Did you even bother to /follow/ any of the links to the
articles in that post?

If you're going to direct your bigotry at anyone, then by all means
direct it at those who wrote those articles, not those who merely
aggregate them.

No, on second thoughts, don't. Just go back to your little Windows la-la
fantasy land. If you don't like GNU/Linux, then don't use it. Why would
someone who detests GNU/Linux as much as you obviously do spend his time
in COLA anyway? What are you afraid of little man?

--
K.http://slated.org

.----
| "Proprietary licenses, the crack cocaine of software finance."
| - Matt Asay, CNET
`----

03:49:20 up 28 days, 2:44, 2 users, load average: 0.31, 0.31, 0.37

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssl.tech@yahoo.com is offline

On Sep 6, 9:18 am, Mark Kent wrote:
William Poaster espoused:

It was on, or about, Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:06:45 +0200, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Hadron wrote:

snipo
Like "queue", there is no word for "sarcasm" in German.

So "german" is just another of those things you know nothing about. Nor
about "sarcasm". Or linux, for that matter

Quack backpeddling now, trying to cover his idiocy?

We need a new word for this. How about:

backquacking
softron
zuruckschneider
zuruckweghans

etc...

Are you trying to make a funny?
You have failed.
Now back to your mother's basement for another night of coding yet
another Pacman clone for Linux.

You Linux freakzoids are rarely *funny* but like retards at an
amusement park, you are somewhat entertaining..

Hey Mark Kent, aren't you the person who believes that there is no
such thing as intellectual property?
Yea, that's you.

Another Linux freakzoid.

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Hadron Hadron is offline

Hadron wrote:

snipo
Like "queue", there is no word for "sarcasm" in German.

So "german" is just another of those things you know nothing about. Nor
about "sarcasm". Or linux, for that matter

Quack backpeddling now, trying to cover his idiocy?

You freaks really thought I was serious? Thanks for backing me up better
than you could *ever* have realised. ROTFLM.

And re-read this:

http://www.german-jokes.com/

I'll give you a little help - it is a spoof site taking the **** out of
the crappy German sense of humour.

Get it yet?

Oh, and for those of you who didn't "get it", Germans are notoriously
rude and obnoxious when it comes to waiting in line. They simply barge
in most of the time, frequently knocking old ladies over in their rush
for a seat on the U-Bahn. Hence the joke about there being no word for
"queue" in German. It would take some thinking about, but I am sure you
will get there in the end.
Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Captain Commando Captain Commando is offline

Hadron wrote:

[...]

Besides "queue" there must not be a word for "clue" in German either. That
would explain the "clueless" idiot who calls himself Peter Köhlmann. ( A
joke of a made-up name if I ever saw one.)

It would take some thinking about, but I am sure you
will get there in the end.

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
chrisv chrisv is offline

From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:58:28 +0200 (CEST)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at .

Credibility = zero.

Linux has been, and always will be, the world's premier audio
processing environment.

Can it be much more obvious that you're pretending to be a Linux
defender, to make it appear that Linux people are irrational?

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
The Ghost In The Machine The Ghost In The Machine is offline

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Anonymous

wrote
on Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:58:28 +0200 (CEST)
:
wrote:

That's very funny!
Do you do card tricks as well?
=20
=20
The problem with you Linux freaks is that you are living in your own
twisted world where everything is Linux.
The real world is not like that and while many of us would LIKE to see
Linux versions of our favorite applications, we also are
educated enough to realize that Linux has a long, long, long way to go
before it can ever start knocking on heaven's, err, Protools door.

What bizarre stretch of illogic is it that leads you to believe even
Linux audio applications of 5 years ago would care to debase themselves
by knocking on doors so far beneath them?

Linux has been, and always will be, the world's premier audio
processing environment.

I highly much doubt that, if only because the two are such
skew concepts. Bear in mind what audio ultimately *is*:
a series of vibrations in the air. Generation of such can
be done in a number of ways, and the traditional method
(from an electrical standpoint) is probably through
a series of rack-mounted equipment jacked together by
high-quality patchcords. Simulators will not care whether
the presentation layer runs on Windows/Win32 or Linux/X;
the actual engine work won't really care whether they are
doing realtime audio using Linux's audio device or Windows'
system resources, as long as they work -- and Windows does
work in this area (as does Linux).

There are also the bandwidth requirements; for 44100 Hz,
32 stereo channels, 16 bits, no compression, one is only
looking at 90.3 Mbit/s at the very very most. That's not
all that much, compared to 32 channels of uncompressed
video. A 3.2 GHz machine gets about 567 machine clock
cycles per channel side. Presumably, that's more than
enough for a fixed-point or floating-point multiply and
sum for a mixdown.

Ideally, the purveyors of high-end software (and the card
interface hardware that it might drive) would support
as many operating systems as it makes economic sense
to support -- this most likely means Windows for the time
being, until Linux gains a certain critical mass in the
music community.

[rest snipped]

#191,

fortune: not found

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
ChristopheRonald ChristopheRonald is offline

`----

`----

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000208

Getting My Kicks On Route 64

,----[ Quote ]
| More users are jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon, and the 64Studio
| developers are doing their best to make the ride as smooth as possible.
| Bumps may occur, and users experiencing problems with the system can
| reach Daniel and Free via the active 64Studio mail-list. If you own a
| 64-bit (AMD or Intel) machine and want to know how it handles
| contemporary Linux sound and music software, check out 64Studio,
| it's Da 64-bit Bomb.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000126

you obviously dont know what you are talking about. isnt a macs kernel
linux?

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Singer Singer is offline

ChristopheRonald wrote in
ups.com:

`----

http://applications.linux.com/articl...1735237&from=r

`----

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000126

you obviously dont know what you are talking about. isnt a macs kernel
linux?

Neither of you know what you are talking about.
1. The Mac kernel is based on BSD, NOT on Linux, THANK GOD!
2. Linux is the absolute worst choice as an OS for audio production.
Go buy a Mac and get Protools and you'll be all set, asumming you have
the talent to make music.

Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro
Roy Schestowitz Roy Schestowitz is offline

The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

snip flatfish droppings

You lately nymshifted to

Singer, Abbie Diaz, achmed.jones, Aftab Singh, Allen Cusimano, Allie Perkins,
Allison Juergans, allison_hunt1969, Alicia Hunt, Ana Thema, andyschipowitz,
Anna Banger, anonymous, Archie, Archie Moss Bunker, Archie Watermann,
Attila, Baba Booey, Babcock Johnson, babcock.latreen, Babu Singh, Bill
Thomson, Billy billy.the.kidd,bill.gates.loves.me, BingoBongo, bison,
Bjarne Jensen, bjornstad8800, BklynBoy, bonobo magilla, Boyce Mabri, BSEE,
Bunsen Burner, Buster, c.baumstumpff, CBFalconer, Charles LeGrand, Charlie,
Choppers McGee, Chris Thomas, Christine Abernathy, Claire Lynn, Clippy,
Clock King, Collie Entragion, Colon Singh, common cold,
compton.plaines_kid, Connie Hines, Corrie, corry.lebeu, Corrie Titlaand,
Cory Dyvik, Curtis Wilson, cymon.says, Â*Damian O'Leary, Dana Bush, Danny
Kwong, dbx_boy, Deadpenguin, Debbie, Devon Dawson, dismoqualifetch, Donn
Carlsbad, donna.bunting_tv, Doug Richardson, Dragon.Boy, Dr.Long John
Jones, dy.sector, echo.valley_26809, Elliot Zimmermann, Elwin Winters,
Emmanuel Arias, Fawn Lebowitz, flatfish+++, foamy, frank boson, Franz
Klammer, Fred Simmons, gabriele howorth, Gary Stewart, GayClod, George
Cotton, George Littlefield, Gilbert, Gilbert Goiter, Gilbert Hochaim,
gilligan, Greg Finnigan, Greg Laplante, Hans Kimm, Hans Tomlinson, Harry
Hilton, Harvey Fogel, Heather, Heather69, Heather Trax, Heddy Seafield,
Heidi van Wong, helmut.ginter, hepcat, high_pain_humper, Hugh Himless,
Ishmeal Hafizi, itchy balls, Ivan Mctavish, IvanaB, Jason, jeff.smiley,
Jeff Szarka, jjwassermann, Joe Josephson, John, John Shelton, John Smith,
Jorge Jorgensen, jorge_shillingford, Jose Lopez, juke_joint, kaptain kaput,
Karel Olish, Â*karen.bullfinch, Karen Hill, Karla Snodgress, kathy_krantz,
Kaylie Solomon, Kendra, Kenneth Downs, Kenny Dugan, Kent Dorfman, Ken
Johnson, Kim Coinop, Kinglen Wang, Kristen, kumba killington, Kurt Janker,
Kyle Cadet, L Didio, Laura Shillingford, Le Farter, Le Yammy, Leaking
Onion, Leo Diaz, Les Cramer, Les Turner, Les Walton, Leslie Bassman, Lilly,
Lindy, linux.curious, Linux Exposer, Lisa Shavas, Lisa Cottmann, Lois Hunt,
Long, long_tong_ling, Lukumi Babalu Aye, Luna Lane, Major Mynor, Manny,
Mario Fermin, McSwain, mista twista,Mogumbo, Moses, Mooshoo Bong Singh,
mr.macfeelme, , nate_mcspook, Navid Shakibapour,
okto_pussy, opensource.sucks, organ.creep, OSS KDE User, Paddy Â*McCrockett,
Paul Wannamaker, Paris Marriot, Patricia, Patrick Landrum, Patty LeGrange,
patty pippins, Patty Poppins, percy samson, Peter Gluckman, Peter Kohlmann,
peter.traphagen, Phil, Phillip Cornwall, phoung, phoung quoak, pickle_pete,
**** Clam, Poopy Pants McGee, Quimby, Quinton Magee, Quizno Backer, Ray
Schitzmepantz, Reporter, Rich, Richard P. Johnson, Richie, Richie O'Toole,
Richie Spano, Robert Strunk, rothstein_ivan, Roy_Pestowitz,
Roy.Schakemetitz, Roy.Schavedmenutz, Roy.Schavesmewankz, Â*Roy.Schitzowitz,
RP Modell, ryebra, Sally Vadi, Sammy, Sammy Whalen, Saul Goldblatt,
schavemetitz, Schestertitz, schestowizzle, schestowitz, schitzmepantz,
schisterwitz, Schlomo Smykowski, Sharon Cackle, Sharon Hubbasland, Sean,
Sean Fitzhenry, Sean Macpherson, Sewer Rat, sewer_clown, Shelly K.,
Sherlock Holmes , Schlomo Rabinowitz, Simon, Simon Lewis, simply.lisa,
sista sledgehammer, slacker.mcspritze, Spammy_Davis, spanny_davis, Stefan
Karstensen, Stephan Simonsen, Stephanie, Stephanie Mannerz, Stephen,
Stephen Olsen, Stephen Townshend, stomach.pump, SuckyB, Sue, sue quinterra,
SunnyB, Susan, Susan Bladder, Susan Lapinski, Susan Wong, Suzi Wong, Suzie
Wong, Swampee, sylvano12tegriorgriach, Ted Bennington, Terri Sorensen,
Terry Porter, The Beaver, Thorsten, Thorsten Thigpen, Timmy Luncford , Toby
Rastus Roosovelt III, toe.mein, Tomas Bicsak, tomas.bozak, Tomas Dunton,
Tomas Lucatorto, Tori, Tori Wassermann, Torre Stanslaand, Trace Dennison,
Tracee, Traci, traci.alicock, traci.pusey, Traci Spritzendrainer,
trailerpark, Trina Swallows, Trolly, Trudi Simpkins, Tryxie Lustern, Uday
Shankar, victimizedb, victimizedbyms, Vince Fontain, Vladimir Yepifano,
Walter Bubniak, Wang Mycock, Wasser, Waterskidoo, wendy, Wendy Duzz, Wendy
Toile****er, Whizzer, Wilbur J, willy watkins jr, Willy Wong,
wiltons_pypes, Winnie Septos, wizard.shot, Wobbles, wylbur.horseman, Yanick
Schmuley and zyklon_C. Â*
Plus many, many, many more.