Posted to rec.audio.pro
.Net Sports .Net Sports is offline

Default Gemini GPA -2000 PA amps..any good?

I need a power amp to run JBL SoundFactor 15 inch bottoms and pair of
auxiliary monitors for a regular 3 piece rock band set up, and I see
good deals on ebay for the Gemini GPA-2000 2000watt power amps,
wondering if they are suited for bands, or just DJ/mobile Dj'ing.
Thanx
NetSports

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

".Net Sports" wrote:

I need a power amp to run JBL SoundFactor 15 inch bottoms and pair of
auxiliary monitors for a regular 3 piece rock band set up, and I see
good deals on ebay for the Gemini GPA-2000 2000watt power amps,
wondering if they are suited for bands, or just DJ/mobile Dj'ing.

All 'DJ' amps are rubbish.

Get yourself something decent that's actually *pro-audio* ! DJ gear isn't even
remotely in the same league.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

..Net Sports wrote:

I need a power amp to run JBL SoundFactor 15 inch bottoms and pair of
auxiliary monitors for a regular 3 piece rock band set up, and I see
good deals on ebay for the Gemini GPA-2000 2000watt power amps,
wondering if they are suited for bands, or just DJ/mobile Dj'ing.
Thanx
NetSports

QSC are under a dollar a watt. No reason to go any cheaper.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimPerry TimPerry is offline

".Net Sports" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a power amp to run JBL SoundFactor 15 inch bottoms and pair of
auxiliary monitors for a regular 3 piece rock band set up, and I see
good deals on ebay for the Gemini GPA-2000 2000watt power amps,
wondering if they are suited for bands, or just DJ/mobile Dj'ing.
Thanx
NetSports

it might work for a while before it blows... but not very well

the GPA-2000 power rating is 85 to 110 watts per CH into 8 ohms depending on
which ad you look at. the 2000W is a misleading come-on

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

..Net Sports wrote:

I need a power amp to run JBL SoundFactor 15 inch bottoms and pair of
auxiliary monitors for a regular 3 piece rock band set up, and I see
good deals on ebay for the Gemini GPA-2000 2000watt power amps,
wondering if they are suited for bands, or just DJ/mobile Dj'ing.

My own experience with some Gemini CD players at an install lead me to
scratch Gemini from even the long list of potential suppliers of audio
kit. There really aren't any good deals on Gemini kit.

That model number must be based on the year somebody designed it,
because it has nothing to do with the amp's actual power:

Specifications:
85w RMS (170w peak) per channel at 8 ohms, 110w RMS (220w peak) per
channel at 4 ohms, and 220w RMS (440w peak) at 8 ohms bridged

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

..Net Sports wrote:
I need a power amp to run JBL SoundFactor 15 inch bottoms and pair of
auxiliary monitors for a regular 3 piece rock band set up, and I see
good deals on ebay for the Gemini GPA-2000 2000watt power amps,
wondering if they are suited for bands, or just DJ/mobile Dj'ing.

They are pretty flimsy in construction, and have badly undersized power
supplies, but I have seen worse. Note that the power ating is, well,
just not very realistic.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

hank alrich wrote:

That model number must be based on the year somebody designed it,
because it has nothing to do with the amp's actual power:

Specifications:
85w RMS (170w peak) per channel at 8 ohms, 110w RMS (220w peak) per
channel at 4 ohms, and 220w RMS (440w peak) at 8 ohms bridged

Because of the undersized power supply, I think that 85W RMS is optimistic
and I bet it doesn't hold across the whole passband. Probably valid at 1KC,
though.

SE Electronics Gemini Microphone Sanbar Pro Audio 1 March 31st 06 03:20 PM
Ampeg amp gemini 1 ilaboo General 0 January 9th 05 05:55 PM
Is Windows 2000 still a good choice for audio? Johnny Asia Pro Audio 24 October 25th 04 11:40 PM
FS: Ampeg Gemini VI Torin Marketplace 0 November 23rd 03 06:28 PM
are avionixx amps really THAT good? Paul Vina Car Audio 0 July 5th 03 08:33 AM