Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley Ben Bradley is offline

Default RIP: Boston singer Brad Delp

"Boston lead singer found dead in his home"
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html
"We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
http://www.bandboston.com/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

In article ,
Ben Bradley wrote:

"Boston lead singer found dead in his home"
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html

"We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
http://www.bandboston.com/

The quote from the Boston website is no hyperbole. Brad was living proof
that Rock Star Success doesn't **** up everyone it touches.

He will be missed by many people in this neck of the woods.

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

david correia wrote:
In article ,
Ben Bradley wrote:

"Boston lead singer found dead in his home"
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html

"We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
http://www.bandboston.com/

The quote from the Boston website is no hyperbole. Brad was living proof
that Rock Star Success doesn't **** up everyone it touches.

He will be missed by many people in this neck of the woods.

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com

I just got in from the gig and I see this... what a drag, great guy,
great vocal range, impeccable control. Very sad indeed... Boston was the
biggest thing when I was growing up in New England.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Smith Scott Smith is offline

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message
t...
david correia wrote:
In article ,
Ben Bradley wrote:

"Boston lead singer found dead in his home"
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html

"We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
http://www.bandboston.com/

The quote from the Boston website is no hyperbole. Brad was living proof
that Rock Star Success doesn't **** up everyone it touches. He will be
missed by many people in this neck of the woods. David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com

I just got in from the gig and I see this... what a drag, great guy, great
vocal range, impeccable control. Very sad indeed... Boston was the biggest
thing when I was growing up in New England.

Anyone who's heard him in recent years can tell you he still had awesome
vocal abilities. In fact, Boston had been planning a tour this year, as well
as releasing another album in the near future. I'm a big Boston fan and was
in utter schock when I got the news yesterday.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

Scott Smith wrote:

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message
t...

david correia wrote:

In article ,
Ben Bradley wrote:

[...]

Search for "Beatlejuice" on YouTube. Good stuff. Sad to hear about Brad.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Skler Skler is offline

[...]

I know this sounds corny, but in high school, my friends and I used to shoot
baskets in the driveway and listen to Boston. We loved the vocals and of
course the collaborative results heard in the recordings were just amazing.
To be truthful, I always wondered if those guys hadn't cheated and slowed
down the multi-track so Brad could hit such high notes and with such a
natural tone! :-) To have read that Brad was a genuinely good person and
remained so instead of becoming another casualty of fame or the rock life
style made the news sadder.

On a lighter note, in Dallas, for the grand opening of a Peaches record
store there back in the 70's, some of the Boston members wrote their names
in the sidewalk, along with a bunch of other well known recording artists at
the time. I don't know, maybe it was Schultz, but to a young man of 18,
which I was at the time, the message was kind of funny for sidewalk
philosophy: "Life is like a **** sandwich. The bread you make, the less
**** you eat."

Skler

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Skler Skler is offline

Default RIP: Boston singer Brad Delp DANG

Corrections:

On a lighter note, in Dallas, for the grand opening of a Peaches record
store there back in the 70's, some of the Boston members wrote their names
in the sidewalk, along with a bunch of other well known recording artists

at
the time. I don't know, maybe it was Schultz, but to a young man of 18,

Sorry, it's "Scholtz", isn't it? :-)

which I was at the time, the message was kind of funny for sidewalk
philosophy: "Life is like a **** sandwich. The bread you make, the less
**** you eat."

Skler

I'm sure you can read between the lines, but it's supposed to be:

"Life is **** sandwich. The more bread you make, the less **** you eat."

Something like that...

Skler

"Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial
complex."
Frank Zappa

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Skler wrote:
[...]

Was this the Peaches on Fitzhugh, just west of Central Expressway? I
remember that store! Remember the "Dallas 6 finger?"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
J.C. Scott J.C. Scott is offline

"Skler" wrote in message

[...]

No cheating. He actually hit those notes.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
J.C. Scott J.C. Scott is offline

Default Delp's death a suicide

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

On Mar 14, 7:23 pm, soundhaspriority wrote:
In article , "J.C. Scott"

wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

He's my hero.

I'm thinking this might be a good plan. Delp's life, like mine, has reached
a dead end with nothing more to contribute.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

===============================

I can not believe trhat this posting is authentic.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

wrote ...
I can not believe trhat this posting is authentic.

You don't need to trust your beliefs.
You can read the headers and know for sure.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

He's my hero.

I'm thinking this might be a good plan. Delp's life, like mine, has reached
a dead end with nothing more to contribute.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

===============================

I can not believe trhat this posting is authentic.
Ludovic Mirabel

Those of us who have the entire Morein coterie killfiled only see this
crap when some poor benighted fool (that would be you) answers it.
Leave it the hell alone, please.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
ups.com
On Mar 14, 7:23 pm, soundhaspriority
wrote:
In article
, "J.C.
Scott"

wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

He's my hero.

I'm thinking this might be a good plan. Delp's life,
like mine, has reached a dead end with nothing more to
contribute.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

===============================

I can not believe trhat this posting is authentic.
Ludovic Mirabel

I can't believe that you even had to ask, Mirabel. Thanks for giving more
evidence about how intellectually challenged you have become.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley Ben Bradley is offline

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:23:59 GMT, Ben Bradley
wrote:

"Boston lead singer found dead in his home"
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html
"We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
http://www.bandboston.com/

Tom Sholz has written some thoughts on the Boston website, both a
paragraph at the top, and several more for Rolling Stone (scroll
down). It's all very positive. I decided to paste it below.

http://www.bandboston.com/

As you all know by now, BOSTON'S lead singer, Brad Delp, was found
dead in his home on Friday, March 9th 2007. Plans for live BOSTON
performances this summer have, of course, been cancelled.

My heart goes out to his wonderful fiance Pamela, his two children and
other family members, his close friends and band mates, and to the
millions of people whose lives were made a little brighter by the
sound of his voice. He will be dearly missed.

Tom Scholz

Rolling Stone writer Andy Greene has asked me for some recollections
about my experiences with Brad. An edited version of the reply I sent
him appeared on rollingstone.com with questions inserted in the text.
Here is the complete unedited note I sent to Andy:

Andy,

Thanks you for allowing me to answer your questions by e-mail. I
haven't been in the mood to talk to talk to people much for the last
few days as you might imagine, but I appreciate you turning to me for
this. Brad and I were friends and collaborators for 35 years. Both of
us being vegetarians, non-drug users and more interested in music than
money, put us in a very small minority in the music business; our bond
ran much deeper than just BOSTON music.

In answer to your questions:

I met Brad, soft spoken and unassuming, when he auditioned in a
recording studio outside of Boston one night to sing several songs I
had written. Back then in the early seventies recording a song demo
meant coming up with a significant amount of money, several weeks of
my day job savings, to buy a few hours of 8 track time.

Having endured countless sessions with other singers, most with
undeserved egos, I had only the faintest glimmer of hope that he might
be good enough to squeak by as a suitable vocalist.

He didn't warm up; he just listened to the prerecorded instrument
track once. Then he started to sing. I don't know if it took two
seconds or three, but before he finished singing the first line I knew
that some guardian angel had just delivered to me one of the best
vocalists ever to step up to a microphone! Then he kept going and I
realized he wasn't just one of the best, he was amazing! High notes I
hadn't heard before followed by harmonies, and overdubbed exact
duplicate layered tracks, all with ease, all with emotion, and yet all
technically precise.

Before we left that night he had rewritten the lyrics and the melody,
sung all the vocal parts, and with the magic of his voice turned my
stark guitar riff into a song! From that moment on I only hoped I
could write and record music worthy of his attention and
interpretation.

There were soulful notes that pulled you into the song, stratospheric
screams and angelic high notes, and after hitting these record
breaking notes he'd go back and sing a harmony part above it! He
didn't rehearse any of these parts, he could jump back and forth
between harmony parts, double tracking parts, and then go back and do
it again exactly the same with one tiny change, adjusting all the
other singing parts to fit with bionic accuracy.

You'd think anyone with this super human talent would be an
insufferable egomaniac. But Brad was just the opposite, and amazingly
he remained honestly humble in spite of the incredible star pressure
that followed BOSTON's success.

Brad and I banged our heads against the wall trying to get a break
with record companies for five years. During that time he and I did a
lot of basement recording; we received absolutely zero recognition
locally and complete rejection submitting our demos to national record
labels. I think this experience put our future success in perspective
as we both realized that after so many years of insult, we were just
very lucky to be able to record and play music above ground! Unlike
many other individuals eventually involved with BOSTON, Brad's down to
earth personality never wavered; it was his natural demeanor.

When someone asked me what Brad was like, the first words that always
came to mind were "nice guy." Oddly, his incredible performing
abilities seem barely worth mentioning compared to his attributes as a
human being. He was soft spoken yet very quick and funny. Although I
rarely remember seeing him in the throws of a good belly laugh, he
could keep the people around him in stitches effortlessly, and did so
on a daily basis. When he wasn't making someone laugh, or giving his
time to a fan, he was a tireless worker, both in the studio and on
stage.

He and I had a very strong personal connection because of our moral
beliefs, yet we were drastically different kinds of people. While I am
rebellious and easily provoked to an unyielding defense, Brad was
passive and studiously non confrontational.

Somehow over the years I think we both grew not only to accept this in
each other, but to respect it; I think this is part of the reason we
were able to work together for so much of our lives. In an odd
parallel we were also opposites in the studio. Once Brad would laid
down a vocal track he became instantly committed to it and would dig
in if challenged, whereas I would want to change everything and never
be sure. We were usually at odds on how vocal arrangements should go
also, which in early years caused heated debates. Later we both
developed such respect for each other's abilities that the
collaboration, so important to the eventual outcome of BOSTON's music,
became much easier. It was largely my music, but it was Brad who
brought it to life, and this struggle we both had to endure was part
of what made it so many people's favorite.

I last saw Brad at rehearsal last month where we prepared several old
and new songs for our upcoming summer shows. These are my fondest
memories, playing music with my friend and the greatest singer in rock
and roll.

Andy, Brad and I have been used and abused throughout our adult life
by the music business, it continues even in his death. Please do the
right thing with this. Sorry I wrote you a tome.

Tom Scholz

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

news.buzzardnews.com!not-for-mail wrote:

tedioulsy tiring infantile bull**** snipped

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
David Axt David Axt is offline

"soundhaspriority" wrote in message
In article , "J.C. Scott"
wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

He's my hero.

I'm thinking this might be a good plan. Delp's life, like mine, has
reached
a dead end with nothing more to contribute.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

This country has got to get serious about mental illness and depression.
It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the patient may die.

This article also points out that you can have it all yet still be
miserable.

Sad. Very sad.

-David

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
dizzy dizzy is offline

David Axt wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

This country has got to get serious about mental illness and depression.
It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the patient may die.

This article also points out that you can have it all yet still be
miserable.

Well, I don't know if they guy "had it all", but he did have a
fiance... Not sure how one can be a "lonely soul" while being engaged
to be married...

Sad. Very sad.

No doubt.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Geoff Geoff is offline

David Axt wrote:

This country has got to get serious about mental illness and
depression. It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the
patient may die.

Maybe we shouldn't get too serious about it. We might all get depressed.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"David Axt" daxtATpacifierDOTcom wrote in message
This country has got to get serious about mental illness and depression.

I wish Arny would.

It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the patient may die.

or even plague usenet newsgroups..........

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

dizzy wrote:
David Axt wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

This country has got to get serious about mental illness and depression.
It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the patient may die.

This article also points out that you can have it all yet still be
miserable.

Well, I don't know if they guy "had it all", but he did have a
fiance... Not sure how one can be a "lonely soul" while being engaged
to be married...

Actually, there are lot's of people surrounded by loved ones that are
very lonely inside. They don't see things the way you and I may see
them, this kind of depression is hard to understand.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:03:17 GMT, dizzy wrote:

David Axt wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

This country has got to get serious about mental illness and depression.
It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the patient may die.

This article also points out that you can have it all yet still be
miserable.

Well, I don't know if they guy "had it all", but he did have a
fiance... Not sure how one can be a "lonely soul" while being engaged
to be married...

Saying "lonely soul" doesn't cover depression. Depression is a
chemical problem (primarily) and what one has both material and
non-material doesn't matter one bit...

Agreed, sad.

Sad. Very sad.

No doubt.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Michael Wozniak Michael  Wozniak is offline

David Axt wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/

This country has got to get serious about mental illness and depression.
It's a serious disease that needs to be treated or the patient may die.

This article also points out that you can have it all yet still be
miserable.

Well, I don't know if they guy "had it all", but he did have a
fiance... Not sure how one can be a "lonely soul" while being engaged
to be married...

Saying "lonely soul" doesn't cover depression. Depression is a
chemical problem (primarily) and what one has both material and
non-material doesn't matter one bit...

Oh, really? Have you ever tried to treat it without any material resources?
Without money for medical care, therapy or drugs? Without social support?
Many people have to deal with such a reality every day. Having 'everything'
obviously is no guarantee for full recovery, but it makes things a hell of a
lot easier.

When you are willing to give up everything you own and everyone you know,
and successfully treat depression, then you can make that statement.

Mikey
Nova Music Productions

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:55 GMT, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

Saying "lonely soul" doesn't cover depression. Depression is a
chemical problem (primarily) and what one has both material and
non-material doesn't matter one bit...

Oh, really? Have you ever tried to treat it without any material resources?
Without money for medical care, therapy or drugs? Without social support?
Many people have to deal with such a reality every day. Having 'everything'
obviously is no guarantee for full recovery, but it makes things a hell of a
lot easier.

There's growing medical opinion that regular physical exercise is much
more effective than prescription drugs in treating depression. Talking
therapies help some people
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
lightlady lightlady is offline

"Laurence Payne" wrote ...
wrote:

Saying "lonely soul" doesn't cover depression. Depression is a
chemical problem (primarily) and what one has both material and
non-material doesn't matter one bit...

Oh, really? Have you ever tried to treat it without any material

resources?
Without money for medical care, therapy or drugs? Without social support?
Many people have to deal with such a reality every day. Having

'everything'
obviously is no guarantee for full recovery, but it makes things a hell

of a
lot easier.

There's growing medical opinion that regular physical exercise is much
more effective than prescription drugs in treating depression. Talking
therapies help some people

i think that they are refering to acute depression, not clinical depression.
short term depression such as SAD, which goes away in the spring or with
light therapy would be acute... But clinical depression is something that
never goes away without intervention, usually a combo of meds, behavior
modification, and group support. The problem is that when someone starts to
feel better, they can think they no longer need the meds, so they stop
taking them. The rebound depression can take some folks over the edge. I
know, I lost a cousin to depression, a couple of friends and now Brad, who
was a friend also.

until someone has actually dealt with depression, it's hard to understand
what the word represents. it's not just a moment of being sad, that happens
to everyone in life... depression changes thought processes, and makes a
person see life as tooo much of a struggle, or lowers their self-esteem to
the point where they just want to leave the world, and stop being a burden
to everyone. add in some anxiety attacks, or moments of manic activity, and
well, it's a recipe for disaster.

just my 2 cents
lynn

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:58:12 -0500, "lightlady"
wrote:

[...]

And a good two cents worth, at that.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Mike Heins Mike Heins is offline

On 2007-03-17, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:55 GMT, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

. ..

David Axt wrote:

[...]

Second that. I know for a fact that treatment is available even for the
indigent -- I know someone who receives it. And not that many of us are
in that extreme condition. One big problem for many people who suffer
depression is they self-medicate with alcohol or other drugs, which
exacerbates the money problem and doesn't ultimately help the depression.

I have been broke and hungry and ten miles from nowhere, and I have
been high on the hog, and halfway in between. The feelings are the same.
I prefer rich to poor, I guess, but money is not the be-all and end-all.

--
Mike Heins

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet. -- unknown
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
liquidator liquidator is offline

On 2007-03-17, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:55 GMT, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

. ..

David Axt wrote:

[...]

While in the USA at least, help is available for the indigent, I just had a
friend go thru an episode that lasted several years. There were only 4
depression drugs available thru the mental health center if you are
indigent.- Prozac, effexor, wellbutrin and Paxil. If none of those work for
you you are SOL.

I had to help him for a while to get prescriptions that did work for him.

And the mental health system in the US is much better of than the regular
health care system.

You can get free care, good enough to work for some people. But quite a few
still falling thru the cracks.

Most people in the US are still trying to figure out why the homeless rate
shot up when we emptied out the mental hospitals- we just took all the
people who couldn't take care of themselves and dumped them on the street.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On 2007-03-17, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:55 GMT, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

. ..

David Axt wrote:

[...]

I disagree. You can find doctors who will prescribe others through Medicaid,
and you should be able to find drugs like amytryptiline and others for
reasonable prices -- less than $20 per month -- on that basis.

I had to help him for a while to get prescriptions that did work for him.

And the mental health system in the US is much better of than the regular
health care system.

You can get free care, good enough to work for some people. But quite a few
still falling thru the cracks.

When you find perfection anywhere, let me know. There is lots of help
out there, and a large proportion of the problems I see in people is
them not taking their meds.

Most people in the US are still trying to figure out why the homeless rate
shot up when we emptied out the mental hospitals- we just took all the
people who couldn't take care of themselves and dumped them on the street.

This is a known problem, of course. But to imply that everyone who was
released from a mental hospital is homeless is ridiculous, and to
imply that those people were left completely without resources is
wrong as well.

There are plenty of people who get along quite nicely outside mental
hospitals, some in group homes, some on their own. There are certainly
plenty of homeless, but I think you will find that drugs and alcohol are
the problem for at least half of those. And that is a problem that has
no easy solution as long as we are a culture that tolerates and winks
at abuse of those substances.

--
Mike Heins

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet. -- unknown

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

liquidator wrote:

Most people in the US are still trying to figure out why the homeless rate
shot up when we emptied out the mental hospitals- we just took all the
people who couldn't take care of themselves and dumped them on the street.

Same in the UK.

It was benevolently called 'care in the community'. They omitted to mention that
'in the community' really meant 'under the railway arches'. Thatcher was
responsible for that (as to be expected). Right wingers don't like 'wasting
money' looking after loonies.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On 2007-03-17, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:55 GMT, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

David Axt wrote:

[...]

LOTS of indigents do not qualify for medicaid.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

"Eeyore" wrote in message

liquidator wrote:

Most people in the US are still trying to figure out why the homeless

rate
shot up when we emptied out the mental hospitals- we just took all the
people who couldn't take care of themselves and dumped them on the

street.

Same in the UK.

It was benevolently called 'care in the community'. They omitted to

mention that
'in the community' really meant 'under the railway arches'. Thatcher was
responsible for that (as to be expected). Right wingers don't like

'wasting
money' looking after loonies.

Graham

I'm fiscally conservative, but socially somewhat liberal I suppose.

I feel there is so much lawlessnes in many cases because,frankly, there's so
much law.

I am in favor of at least basic medical care for all. We don't have that in
the US.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 23:49:21 -0400, "liquidator"
wrote:

I am in favor of at least basic medical care for all. We don't have that in
the US.

No, and frankly I think you should hang your heads in shame. The
richest country in the world......
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Mike Heins" wrote in message
When you find perfection anywhere, let me know.

I have her phone number ;-)

There is lots of help
out there, and a large proportion of the problems I see in people is
them not taking their meds.

Have to agree there. I have a friend who has been in and out of institutions
most of her life. With her she relapses when she gets back on the weed but
I've seen several of her friends stop taking their meds and a few weeks
later they are back inside.

By the way, just read a very scary book on bioethics - "Culture of Death:
The Assault on Medical Ethics in America" by Wesley J. Smith. If you think
the medical system sucks now then read this book and do everything you can
to stop this increasingly popular way of thinking before it gets accepted.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

wrote:
I am in favor of at least basic medical care for all. We don't have that in
the US.

No, and frankly I think you should hang your heads in shame. The
richest country in the world......

That's a pretty progressive stance for a conservative (US version) to
take...:-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
paul packer paul packer is offline

wrote:
I am in favor of at least basic medical care for all. We don't have that in
the US.

No, and frankly I think you should hang your heads in shame. The
richest country in the world......

That's a pretty progressive stance for a conservative (US version) to
take...:-)

Glad you said that. It gives me a chance to point out what I should've
pointed out long ago, that I don't follow party lines but judge each
issue on its merits. So if you think you know what I'm going to say
about any given issue, you'll probably be wrong.

Sorry to be so unpredictable. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On 2007-03-17, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:55 GMT, "Michael Wozniak"
wrote:

. ..

David Axt wrote:

[...]

======================

I am old enough to have memories from my internship/residency days of
what care of the psychotic was like (at least in the U.K.) before the
pseudo-liberarators of the
Szasz and the half-mad psychiatrist who committed suicide (name?) kind
got into it and opened the asylum doors wide to the delights of
huddling under a blanket on the park-bench. In the name of freedom of
choice for those incapable of choosing.
I spent a couple of months as a house physician in the Crichton Royal-
a model "mental hospital" in Scotland. It was sited on agricultural
and fruit-trees acreage. The inmates were free to work there if they
wanted.or learn a craft indoors. There were weekly dances for the not
completely psychotic patients which the doctors and nurses were
encouraged to attend. There were films, music and theatrical shows. I
saw several patients who were indignant at the mere mention of being
"liberated"

Of course the municipal govts. were delighted to save the money and
close the "reactionary" asylums. Walk down any busy street and meet
the "liberated" talking to their voices, sleeping in parks and
occasionally pushing someone under the wheels of the incoming train
underground.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On 19 Mar 2007 11:18:41 -0700, wrote:

[...]

It's exactly the same in Oz, Ludo. 21 year old police constables now
have to deal with these "liberated" inmates, and do so often by
shooting them. Closing the hospitals was a cynical money saving
exercise with only misery as the result, and only recently here has
there been a concerted call for better mental health care.

Largely unheeded, of course.

RIP Brad Delp MiNe 109 Audio Opinions 1 March 10th 07 01:03 AM
Singer/songwriter ashtray Pro Audio 2 June 30th 06 02:43 PM
whos the better singer? bob wald Car Audio 6 March 15th 06 12:46 PM
BRAD DELP Tommy B Pro Audio 2 August 15th 03 02:36 AM
<<<<<<< BRAD DELP oh yeah! Don Cooper Pro Audio 2 August 14th 03 05:07 AM