Compressor/Limiter for car audio system?

Old May 3rd 04, 03:43 AM
Tom Betz

Default Compressor/Limiter for car audio system?

I'm looking for a car audio unit that incorporates a "brick wall" limiter
primarily for use listening to certain Sirius radio talk channels that don't
already employ them but should, and am shocked to discover that I can't find
any such off-the-shelf units.

Do they exist? Or will I have to work out a way to stick an Alesis
NanoCompressor or some such into my car system to make this happen?

Thanks.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these
Old May 6th 04, 08:44 PM
John S Laney

> Do they exist? Or will I have to work out a way to stick an Alesis
> NanoCompressor or some such into my car system to make this happen?
>
> Thanks.

That or one of the dbx units. You will need to run it off of a 12converter
(which may induce noise) or get it modified for 12volt use somehow

Old May 7th 04, 12:35 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "John S Laney" > in
:

>> Do they exist? Or will I have to work out a way to stick an Alesis
>> NanoCompressor or some such into my car system to make this happen?

> That or one of the dbx units. You will need to run it off of a 12converter
> (which may induce noise) or get it modified for 12volt use somehow

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

Old May 7th 04, 12:37 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "John S Laney" > in
:

>> Do they exist? Or will I have to work out a way to stick an Alesis
>> NanoCompressor or some such into my car system to make this happen?

> That or one of the dbx units. You will need to run it off of a 12converter
> (which may induce noise) or get it modified for 12volt use somehow

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

Can anyone point me at CD/Tuner head units with built-in tape monitor
circuits?

Old May 7th 04, 03:43 AM
John S Laney

here i the list of current models..............
. 70...

Old May 7th 04, 06:01 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "John S Laney" > in
:

> here i the list of current models..............

That looks like the same list my search came up with. ;^(

Thanks.

Dynamat Passat Brian Car Audio 24 April 16th 04 12:08 AM
Help with a complete system, mostly JL Audio CatalystX Car Audio 2 January 13th 04 07:46 PM
FS: Clarion ADCS-1 System, Denon DCT-1000R/DCH470, PG ZPA amps and processors, Dynaudio 3 way biamp speakers, Orion EQ/xover, Audio Control 3050 RTA Stephen Narayan Car Audio 4 September 19th 03 05:46 AM
Recommend Audio System for 93 Acura Legend LS? Name Car Audio 1 July 25th 03 01:23 PM