Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Loudness Wars

JackA wrote:

If Neil Young doesn't lie, then should I believe every person in TV ads tha=
t they are telling the truth, too? No, I do not. People will say anything, =
even lie, for money. Neil doesn't go up against any audio expert, you just =
find him blabbering to dumb talk show hosts.

I suspect that part of Neil Young's problem is recruitment. He seems to be
very sensitive to some forms of distortion and totally immune to other forms
of distortion as a consequence. It's clear that the way he hears is not the
same way other people hear.

Which, sadly, is an occupational hazard.

And, no, I'm not saying PONO doesn't sound good, but you find his FRIENDS =
climbing out of a car, bragging how great the songs sounded w/o mentioning =
what they were listening to. Maybe you need a $2000 amplifier and $1000 wor=
th of speakers for PONO to sound impressive in a car.

Nothing's going to sound impressive in a car, not even the Borodin Quartet
playing in your back seat.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 9:04:37 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
JackA wrote:

If Neil Young doesn't lie, then should I believe every person in TV ads tha=
t they are telling the truth, too? No, I do not. People will say anything, =
even lie, for money. Neil doesn't go up against any audio expert, you just =
find him blabbering to dumb talk show hosts.

I suspect that part of Neil Young's problem is recruitment. He seems to be
very sensitive to some forms of distortion and totally immune to other forms
of distortion as a consequence. It's clear that the way he hears is not the
same way other people hear.

Which, sadly, is an occupational hazard.

-- Ha! Good point!!
-- I watched him with Charlie Rose, and how Neil claimed MP3s are half the story. Oh, and you get FREE Neil Young song with each PONO!

And, no, I'm not saying PONO doesn't sound good, but you find his FRIENDS =
climbing out of a car, bragging how great the songs sounded w/o mentioning =
what they were listening to. Maybe you need a $2000 amplifier and $1000 wor=
th of speakers for PONO to sound impressive in a car.

Nothing's going to sound impressive in a car, not even the Borodin Quartet
playing in your back seat.

With the shrinking size of cars today, I doubt Tiny Tim would even fit!!!

Jack :-)

The Loudness Wars Reconsidered: ChrisCoaster Pro Audio 9 January 17th 12 11:40 PM
Yet another take on the loudness wars jwvm Pro Audio 26 January 7th 08 04:35 PM
loudness wars! jwvm High End Audio 0 June 29th 07 11:48 PM
: Clients and The Loudness Wars Chevdo Pro Audio 16 June 28th 06 01:57 AM
Clients and The Loudness Wars J.C. Scott Pro Audio 137 June 24th 06 04:29 AM