Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Questions

Tom McCreadie wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Thing with all these tests is you can usually get the result you are
looking for - if in charge of the tests.

But the whole point - well, half the point :-) - of a properly-conducted double
blind test is that the researcher himself is _not_ in charge of the tests; he's
not allowed to be aware of the identity pf the choices that he's presenting to
the "patients", so he's not in a position to influence the results.

You can still influence the results a lot by adjusting the time between
the samples are presented, subject selection, equipment placement, and
choice of material. ESPECIALLY choice of material.

Edison did blind demonstrations at which members of the general public
could not tell the difference between a live singer and cylinder playback.
Today's unsophisticated audiences are more sophisticated than that, but
it's a lot easier to do with a singer than a harpsichord.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Tom McCreadie wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

[...]

Even with double blind testing, the outcome can be influenced by the
choice of material used.

As a simple example, if doing a live versus recorded test, it would be
much more difficult to reproduce an entire symphony orchestra than a
single instrument - or voice.

--
*If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 3/02/2015 11:57 p.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:

Edison did blind demonstrations at which members of the general public
could not tell the difference between a live singer and cylinder playback.
Today's unsophisticated audiences are more sophisticated than that, but
it's a lot easier to do with a singer than a harpsichord.
--scott

In that case it was more a case of the 'general public' simply being
astounded at music coming from a machine than the sound quality of each.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 2:13:51 AM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
"JackA" skrev i en meddelelse

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 9:20:36 PM UTC-5, hank alrich wrote:

Yeah, Mark, Hank knows a heck more than I.

Correct.

Jack

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter, have Hank tell me everything he knows. Really. I have a half minute to spare!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" skrev i en meddelelse

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 9:20:36 PM UTC-5, hank alrich wrote:

Yeah, Mark, Hank knows a heck more than I.

Correct.

Jack

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter, have Hank tell me everything he knows. Really. I have a half minute to spare!

So, that's half a minute to tell you all you can comprehend, and a years

or two that you won't understand a word of.

The people you are being so dismissive of in this thread all have proven
track records, while you first appeared here a few days ago, spouting
nonsense. Go to google groups and check their posting history over the
last decade or so, then call them inexperienced and ignorant of the
facts about audio, if you still consider that tp be the facts.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

The people you are being so dismissive of in this thread all have proven
track records, while you first appeared here a few days ago, spouting
nonsense. Go to google groups and check their posting history over the
last decade or so, then call them inexperienced and ignorant of the
facts about audio, if you still consider that tp be the facts.

that is what a troll does.
please don't feed the troll
Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"that is what a troll does.
please don't feed the troll
Mark "

So I guess that makes Ghandi, Jesus,
and Martin Luther King Jr. trolls. Anyone
who challenges the status quo, or dares
to breach a taboo subject? Then count
JackA and me in!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"that is what a troll does.
please don't feed the troll
Mark "

So I guess that makes Ghandi, Jesus,
and Martin Luther King Jr. trolls. Anyone
who challenges the status quo, or dares
to breach a taboo subject? Then count
JackA and me in!!

You don't have a problem with self esteem, then?

--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: " and you themanjacks are something else. "

And so are you geoff. Love to criticize holders of alternative
view points.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

krissi dumb****i @ dumb****s-r-us.com wrote in message
geoff wrote: " and you themanjacks are something else. "

And so are you geoff. Love to criticize holders of alternative view
points.

In Krissi's world of dumb****ery, getting all your facts wrong, and
not giving a **** whether it's wrong, is explained away with a lame
dumb**** excuse about "alternative viewpoints." That's easier than
trying to use it's limited brainpower to understand.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" skrev i en meddelelse

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 9:20:36 PM UTC-5, hank alrich wrote:

Yeah, Mark, Hank knows a heck more than I.

Correct.

Jack

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter, have Hank tell me everything he knows. Really. I have a half minute to spare!

So, that's half a minute to tell you all you can comprehend, and a years

or two that you won't understand a word of.

The people you are being so dismissive of in this thread all have proven
track records

Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Jack

, while you first appeared here a few days ago, spouting
nonsense. Go to google groups and check their posting history over the
last decade or so, then call them inexperienced and ignorant of the
facts about audio, if you still consider that tp be the facts.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 9:21:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"that is what a troll does.
please don't feed the troll
Mark "

So I guess that makes Ghandi, Jesus,
and Martin Luther King Jr. trolls. Anyone
who challenges the status quo, or dares
to breach a taboo subject? Then count
JackA and me in!!

K', a lot of the regulars here are just old school. Maybe they are surviving ancient aliens playing their checkers game at the home. The don't want us humanoids to disrupt them. Maybe a few bottles of Maalox may be considered as a peace offering.

JacK :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 05/02/2015 02:56, JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 1:15:25 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
The people you are being so dismissive of in this thread all have proven
track records

Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Of producing excellent, commercially successful sound recordings. You've
probably heard some of them on the radio and TV. You may even have
bought the occasional record they've been involved with making.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 5:57:59 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 05/02/2015 02:56, JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 1:15:25 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
The people you are being so dismissive of in this thread all have proven
track records

Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Of producing excellent, commercially successful sound recordings. You've
probably heard some of them on the radio and TV. You may even have
bought the occasional record they've been involved with making.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Well, John, I'm all ears. Tell me which recording!!

Thanks!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

JackA wrote: "Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Jack

And, cowardly hiding behind a stupid alias when calling
others "dumbf - " and "shortbus". Really professional,
I must add.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

wrote in message
JackA wrote: "Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Jack

And, cowardly hiding behind a stupid alias when calling
others "dumbf - " and "shortbus". Really professional,
I must add.

Aren't you "hiding behind a stupid alias" yourself, Krissi-boy? More
dumb****ery from the short-bus dumb****!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 8:20:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:
JackA wrote: "Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Jack

And, cowardly hiding behind a stupid alias when calling
others "dumbf - " and "shortbus". Really professional,
I must add.

Very common in usenet. Always a small klan or some sort.

I never see Scott criticizing their language, so he must be in full support of their childish actions here.

Don't take me wrong, Scott's okay, but, geez, after FIVE years and that tape recorder still isn't fixed! Troubleshooting isn't one of his strong points.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 05 Feb 2015, Gray_Wolf wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

If the service is so rotten why do you come here? Would you like
a refund?

Because he's a serial troll. This group is his latest target.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:43:49 PM UTC-5, Nil wrote:
On 05 Feb 2015, Gray_Wolf wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

If the service is so rotten why do you come here? Would you like
a refund?

Because he's a serial troll. This group is his latest target.

Cereal troll!! Give me all your Rice Krispies and one refund!!

Jack :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

JackA said...news:7a13adb9-cc98-4c89-be66-
:

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 2:51:33 PM UTC-5, david gourley wrote:
JackA said...news:0713ff64-9f91-4d54-b250-
:

wrote:
JackA wrote: "Of what, best insults? Okay, I'll agree!!

Jack

And, cowardly hiding behind a stupid alias when calling
others "dumbf - " and "shortbus". Really professional,
I must add.

Very common in usenet. Always a small klan or some sort.

I never see Scott criticizing their language, so he must be in full

support of their childish actions here.

Don't take me wrong, Scott's okay, but, geez, after FIVE years and

that
tape recorder still isn't fixed! Troubleshooting isn't one of his strong
points.

Jack

You may be a legend in your own mind, but every time you post crap like
this it just makes you look more juvenile.

Who needs any valid point of reference when you can sit on a broken

hobby
horse (and you don't even do it very well as a hobby, either).

david

Go on, pick on me, but your "regulars" here enjoy calling people f'k

tards and such. This certainly isn't where "pros" hang out, that is a
given.

Jack

It's really redundant of me to put you down since G_d has already done such
a great job of it.

david

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

wrote:
[...]

Oh, what's this, Top My Insult challenge??!!

To Purgatory with you!! ---

Jack :-)

david

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Nil" wrote in message
Because he [Jersey Jackoff] is a serial troll. This group is his
latest target.

You are correct.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 7:54:18 PM UTC-5, None wrote:
"Nil" wrote in message
Because he [Jersey Jackoff] is a serial troll. This group is his
latest target.

You are correct.

You are brilliant, though I wouldn't drop out of grade-school just yet. Look what it did to Hank!!!

And chain your Gary_Wolf (aka ROTFLMAO - sounds German to me) to a post, where he belongs!!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 6/02/2015 5:43 p.m., Nil wrote:
On 05 Feb 2015, Gray_Wolf wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

If the service is so rotten why do you come here? Would you like
a refund?

Because he's a serial troll. This group is his latest target.

Actually his trolling (surely it must be ....) does provide a bit of
light relief. Just hope nobody is actually led astray by it.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

geoff wrote:

On 6/02/2015 5:43 p.m., Nil wrote:
On 05 Feb 2015, Gray_Wolf wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

If the service is so rotten why do you come here? Would you like
a refund?

Because he's a serial troll. This group is his latest target.

Actually his trolling (surely it must be ....) does provide a bit of
light relief. Just hope nobody is actually led astray by it.

geoff

I don't think he's up to cereal trolling. That's a complex activity.
He's more on the cracker crumbs trolling level.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 1:39:37 AM UTC-5, hank alrich wrote:
geoff wrote:

On 6/02/2015 5:43 p.m., Nil wrote:
On 05 Feb 2015, Gray_Wolf wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

If the service is so rotten why do you come here? Would you like
a refund?

Because he's a serial troll. This group is his latest target.

Actually his trolling (surely it must be ....) does provide a bit of
light relief. Just hope nobody is actually led astray by it.

geoff

I don't think he's up to cereal trolling. That's a complex activity.
He's more on the cracker crumbs trolling level.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

WARNING: Children at Play!...

Geoff wrote: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap... whine *sigh*

Hank replied: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, *BURP*.

Gray Wolf wrote: ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO!!!

None wrote: Yip yap, Yip Yap, hehehehe.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

JackA wrote: "- show quoted text -
WARNING: Children at Play!...

Geoff wrote: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap... whine *sigh*

Hank replied: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, *BURP*.

Gray Wolf wrote: ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO!!!

None wrote: Yip yap, Yip Yap, hehehehe. "

DON'T stoop to their level. Keep your h. e. a. d. u. p!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 18/02/2015 7:15 a.m., JackA wrote:

WARNING: Children at Play!...

Geoff wrote: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap... whine *sigh*

Hank replied: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, *BURP*.

Gray Wolf wrote: ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO!!!

None wrote: Yip yap, Yip Yap, hehehehe.

Naa we're all the same people.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

geoff wrote:

Naa we're all the same people.

Some of us are different. A lot of people confuse me with Mike Rivers because
we have the same beard, but actually we share it. He has it on even days and
I have it on odd ones.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 3:07:02 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 18/02/2015 7:15 a.m., JackA wrote:

WARNING: Children at Play!...

Geoff wrote: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap... whine *sigh*

Hank replied: Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, Yip yap, *BURP*.

Gray Wolf wrote: ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO!!!

None wrote: Yip yap, Yip Yap, hehehehe.

Naa we're all the same people.

Yeah, sock-puppets!! :-)

Jack

geoff

Reason 3.0 Install Questions, questions... awespishus Pro Audio 2 April 3rd 09 08:29 PM
Jolida 502a ----Chassis is missing C7.....Questions questions..... powerdoc Vacuum Tubes 10 November 20th 06 08:47 PM
Sub Box Questions WebLord Car Audio 3 May 7th 06 10:47 PM
UAD-1 Questions Analogeezer Pro Audio 7 December 15th 03 09:27 PM
Seven Questions + Sandman Audio Opinions 0 November 29th 03 11:22 PM