Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default avid

Hi guys,

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well. I purchased a
C400 interface privately, the seller told me I could perhaps download
additional software, he didn't have a CD, from Avid, couldn't find a free
protools to download so asked support.

Support offered me to purchase an upgrade to a full PT. Bought it and an
Ilok. System then refused the download. This was on december 29 2014.
Contacted support again, it took them considerable time to find out that the
C400 I had was one that was sold without PT LE, some were and some werenš't.
Asked for a full refund.

Couldn't get a refund of the software part of the purchase that their
webshop refused download of. Now, finally, after stopping the Ilok at the
courier service's airport office and getting it returned without getting
delivered I have gotten a "full refund" of the Ilok part of the purchase
only.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

[...]

There are a daunting number of tales of present frustration with Avid.
I've avoided them, because I have been low enough on the totem pole not
to need inter-studio compatibility.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"hank alrich" skrev i en meddelelse

Peter Larsen wrote:

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well ...

There are a daunting number of tales of present frustration with Avid.
I've avoided them, because I have been low enough on the totem pole not
to need inter-studio compatibility.

I'm guessing that since they can't do webshops, are at best mediocre at
support and don't get what shopmanship is, then they probably also can not
write software. But just why they want an unhappy camper instead of standing
by their incorrect sale and have someone saying Respect, I'm not even gonna
try understanding.

However things are moving, I just received an email to the effect that they
have now processed also the refund for the digital sale and expect that I
will receive it in 8 to 10 days.

Last time I configured a cash register and a credit card terminal a refund
took 20 seconds. I know because to test the setup one makes a purchase and
refunds it.

Better download the Logic I first bought and get the "new" spareparts-daw
built ...

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Ty Ford" skrev i en meddelelse
al.NET...

I haven't run into anything like that. I do tend to toe the line
when it comes to getting a piece of gear and software. Doing it
the way you did would make me nervous.

I got a crossgrade offer and took them up on it to learn to operate it. From
the description it actually looks interesting and possibly very very good.

Just what is there to be nervous about when a shop clerk says "we can offer
you this" ...?

Mind you, I did not purchase the C400 with anything but an interface in
mind, it was Avid that offered me the crossgrade without me even having
asked for it and then decided I wasn't entitled anyway. No contest to that
being correct - how am I to know that in advance? - who should I trust on
this but Avid?

It is the handling of the refund that is lousy and yes, going back on a sale
is also lousy shopmanship, but if they had just refunded at least the
digital purchase instantly then it had been ok and just not the most elegang
way to solve it.

OK, silly system, they can't make a partial refund I thought, some systems
are designed like that, but they, they could when they refunded the ilok but
not the digital sale. And that is when I get angry, it is just too silly
because when they can make one partial refund then they also could have made
the one on the refused download version of PT.

Ty Ford

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.c...?page=1#.VMSPZ
8Y1Dno

http://tinyurl.com/mj4oukf

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.c...1#.VMSPZ8Y1Dno

http://tinyurl.com/mj4oukf

Ah, consistant quality, ISO-certifiable .... O;-)

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.c...?page=1#.VMSPZ
8Y1Dno

http://tinyurl.com/mj4oukf

Now I have my refund, but they forgot to refund the 25 percent VAT they
remembered to collect.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.c...?page=1#.VMSPZ
8Y1Dno

http://tinyurl.com/mj4oukf

Now I have my refund, but they forgot to refund the 25 percent VAT they
remembered to collect.

Ain't it grand? ;-)

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro

eb.com...

Peter Larsen wrote:

The Avid webshop, website and support does not work very well.

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.c...?page=1#.VMSPZ
8Y1Dno

http://tinyurl.com/mj4oukf

Now I have my refund, but they forgot to refund the 25 percent VAT they
remembered to collect.

Resolved. I was wrong because I got confused by the two part refund and the
currency turmoil. The refund sum was correct.

Peter Larsen

Kind regards

Peter Larsen