Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default The UK story on radio mics

Ofcom (the UK regulator) have just published their consultation on the
Digital Dividend - specifically clearing the 800MHz band.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/800mhz/

Grab the pdf if this matters to you (or you are just interested in
what is happening in the UK). Search within the document for PMSE
(Programme Making and Special Events) for references to the radio mic
situation.

Anyone can make a contribution to this consultation, so don't hold
back if you are concerned.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bigguy[_4_] Bigguy[_4_] is offline

Don Pearce wrote:
Ofcom (the UK regulator) have just published their consultation on the
Digital Dividend - specifically clearing the 800MHz band.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/800mhz/

Grab the pdf if this matters to you (or you are just interested in
what is happening in the UK). Search within the document for PMSE
(Programme Making and Special Events) for references to the radio mic
situation.

Anyone can make a contribution to this consultation, so don't hold
back if you are concerned.

Looks like our masters in Brussels have already decided...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Bigguy wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
Ofcom (the UK regulator) have just published their consultation on the
Digital Dividend - specifically clearing the 800MHz band.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/800mhz/

Grab the pdf if this matters to you (or you are just interested in
what is happening in the UK). Search within the document for PMSE
(Programme Making and Special Events) for references to the radio mic
situation.

Anyone can make a contribution to this consultation, so don't hold
back if you are concerned.

Looks like our masters in Brussels have already decided...

Of course. The 'consultation' always comes after the decision on any
government issue.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:41:24 +0000, lid
(Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Bigguy wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
Ofcom (the UK regulator) have just published their consultation on the
Digital Dividend - specifically clearing the 800MHz band.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/800mhz/

Grab the pdf if this matters to you (or you are just interested in
what is happening in the UK). Search within the document for PMSE
(Programme Making and Special Events) for references to the radio mic
situation.

Anyone can make a contribution to this consultation, so don't hold
back if you are concerned.

Looks like our masters in Brussels have already decided...

Of course. The 'consultation' always comes after the decision on any
government issue.

Ofcom isn't government, and no that isn't true. I managed to get the
spectrum between 1785 and 1805 joined into a single allocation, rather
than split into two - and then persuaded Ofcom to license it
simultaneously with Comreg in Northern and Southern Ireland so we
could get a whole-island license for mobile broadband.

This is NOT a done deal.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

(Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Bigguy wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear it. That makes a pleasant change from my expeirences in
local transport lobbying.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk