Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default IC Identification

Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 08/02/2015 19:05, mcp6453 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.

Probably a generic dual op-amp.

Maybe one of these, possibly selected by test?

http://www.applegate.co.uk/b2b-produ...S-1237369.html

Or, if it was DOA, contact the vendor and return it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 14:05:02 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.

Most likely an AN6884, which is a 5 dot LED driver suited for VU
meters

http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/chipdata/an6884.pdf

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/8/2015 2:50 PM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 14:05:02 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.

Most likely an AN6884, which is a 5 dot LED driver suited for VU
meters

http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/chipdata/an6884.pdf

It can't be that one because the one shown in the link has two channels.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

On 2/8/2015 5:47 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
On 2/8/2015 2:50 PM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 14:05:02 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.

Most likely an AN6884, which is a 5 dot LED driver suited for VU
meters

http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/chipdata/an6884.pdf

It can't be that one because the one shown in the link has two channels.

Um, it's also analog.

==
Later...
Ron Capik

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/8/2015 2:31 PM, John Williamson wrote:
On 08/02/2015 19:05, mcp6453 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.

Probably a generic dual op-amp.

Maybe one of these, possibly selected by test?

http://www.applegate.co.uk/b2b-produ...S-1237369.html

Or, if it was DOA, contact the vendor and return it.

The closest I've been able to find is a TA7318P. The pins match.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

mcp6453 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the likely part number of the IC in this module? I bought one of the modules, and it's not working.
It's in a 9-pin SIP package.

http://goo.gl/WVNOk6

The part number is sanded off the IC.

From the description I can't even tell what the module is supposed to do.
Is this a speaker-level-to-line-level interface?

If you send me one, I can tell you what's inside it.. but this being Chinese
production, there might not be any chip in the package at all.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/9/2015 2:43 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

From the description I can't even tell what the module is supposed to do.
Is this a speaker-level-to-line-level interface?

You made me look. From the connection diagram, I'd guess it was (some
sort of) line level in, with an output to drive (some sort of) a meter
with a VU scale. It's powered by 12 V DC. Since there are hardly any
other components on the board but capacitors and a couple of diodes, I'd
guess that the IC is a dual op amp.

If one channel works and the other doesn't, that might help troubleshoot
it. If neither channel works, buy another one for sixteen bucks.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/9/2015 10:00 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/9/2015 2:43 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

From the description I can't even tell what the module is supposed to do.
Is this a speaker-level-to-line-level interface?

You made me look. From the connection diagram, I'd guess it was (some sort of) line level in, with an output to drive
(some sort of) a meter with a VU scale. It's powered by 12 V DC. Since there are hardly any other components on the
board but capacitors and a couple of diodes, I'd guess that the IC is a dual op amp.

If one channel works and the other doesn't, that might help troubleshoot it. If neither channel works, buy another one
for sixteen bucks.

It's a TA7318P, from what I can tell. It appears to be an obsolete part. There must be a boat load of them still
available. Newer versions of this circuit are probably using an op amp, as suggested.

I got mine working, so all is well on that front.