Posted to rec.audio.high-end
hyendaudio1[_2_] hyendaudio1[_2_] is offline

Default CD Transport woes

Hi.
Anyone know of issues with Meridian CD/DVD transports? I have a 586 DVD
(cranky sled - if its cold wont open or close without issues, makes noise
when its open, and is finicky about what CD's it wants to read) and 508.24
CD which has been repaired once for a malfunctioning sled and now makes
noise and intermittently skips? Meridian is pleased to take my money to
repair them, but I'm curious if this is a known issue with Meridian?

On another note, I plugged in my Parasound 1000 with ADAM module as a backup
and was startled by the difference in bass extension and slam - although it
was much harsher and grainier on the top end with less inner detail.

Of course after hearing what I've been missing with the Meridian's (I use
them as a CD transport only, feeding a Genesis Digital Lens and a Sonic
Frontiers Processor 3), I've decided to look for a Wadia 8 transport - the
best I've heard to date - unless someone has a better suggestion?

Thanks!

---Josh
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:14:56 -0800, hyendaudio1 wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Meridian used to use Phillips transports. I don't know if they still do.

Need help - CD burner woes Michael Wozniak Pro Audio 20 May 3rd 07 11:47 PM
Kontakt woes Donovan Digital Pro Audio 0 April 23rd 07 01:37 AM
Wav to ac3 woes RedFox General 0 June 19th 06 10:09 PM
Wav to ac3 woes RedFox Pro Audio 0 June 19th 06 10:09 PM
Compressor woes... Scott Chasty Pro Audio 9 August 28th 03 09:19 AM