Greg

Default Needed: Inexpensive external DAC

Hi,

Hey, who's making a cheap outboard DAC so I can connect my Apple Airport
Express (http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/ ) to my preamp. Yes, I could
take the headphone out of the Airport express, but you know how crappy that
sounds. There's an optical output on the airport. Anything out there for
$100 bucks or so? Take a look at the one here
(http://www.amabilidade2002.com/toslink.htm). Whaddaya think? This is for
background music only so sound quality isn't critical. (But the Apple is
noisy, 'cause the final output to my preamp has the headphone jack noise).

Much obliged,

Greg