People Don't Listen To Music - Turn Down Sony or Turn Down Day?

Old February 24th 16, 12:06 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

Default People Don't Listen To Music - Turn Down Sony or Turn Down Day?

Sony issued some "budget" multiple CD compilations, various artist. They had their "boys" remix some songs. I must say, their choice of "boys" is poor.. Vic A. a Battery "Mastering" Studios (formerly Sony Studios) is one of the worst, as well as Bob Irwin of Sundazed. Some of their "premier" stereo mixes are pathetic.

Maybe you know this US Top 40 song by The Cyrkle, "Turn Down Day", 1966, I quickly noticed something was wrong. Yes, after the lyrics, "..children playing.." that drum riff should not have been included [it was a flop]. This tells me Sony hires people who really don't even know the songs Sony publishes!!!

Edited:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...s/turndown.mp3

Jack
Old February 24th 16, 01:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 7:06:42 PM UTC-5, JackA wrote:
> Sony issued some "budget" multiple CD compilations, various artist. They had their "boys" remix some songs. I must say, their choice of "boys" is poor. Vic A. a Battery "Mastering" Studios (formerly Sony Studios) is one of the worst, as well as Bob Irwin of Sundazed. Some of their "premier" stereo mixes are pathetic.
>
> Maybe you know this US Top 40 song by The Cyrkle, "Turn Down Day", 1966, I quickly noticed something was wrong. Yes, after the lyrics, "..children playing.." that drum riff should not have been included [it was a flop]. This tells me Sony hires people who really don't even know the songs Sony publishes!!!
>
> Edited:
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...s/turndown.mp3
>
> Jack

Let's try J. Geils', Freeze Frame, remix!!!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...reezeframe.mp3

Sort of tough to make Stereo out of a near mono mix. Also, you MAY notice, the screaming at the end is missing!!! Maybe it was added (overdubbed) to the stereo master tape!!

Jack

Old February 29th 16, 01:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
LESLIE WATTS

I like the ping pong stereo on turn down day.

Les

Old February 29th 16, 01:48 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 8:26:59 AM UTC-5, LESLIE WATTS wrote:
> I like the ping pong stereo on turn down day.
>
> Les

Okay!! How's this "America" stereo mix from 1971...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...senoname-a.mp3

Jack

Old February 29th 16, 04:13 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W

Do NOT forget:

Thou shalt *NOT* reply to the troll - NEVER ever!!!

Old February 29th 16, 10:36 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 11:14:01 AM UTC-5, Phil W wrote:
> Do NOT forget:
>
> Thou shalt *NOT* reply to the troll - NEVER ever!!!
>

> "LESLIE WATTS" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I like the ping pong stereo on turn down day.
> >
> > Les
> >
> > "JackA" > spammed once again

As I was telling Phil, I came across a CD at a food-store of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I think it was a Certified Hits CD. I gave it a listen, ho-hum, and stuck it on the shelf. LATER, I buy a Time-Life CD and find Mr. Bojangles on it. When it got to the lyric part, "then he clicked his heels..." and heard a nice crisp tambourine, something I never heard before, I got excited! Long story short, it was the LP/album version.

All along, I had had an early Warner CD, that included Capitol Records material. However, like most early CDs, it had no luster, but nice fidelity. So I fixed the audio to my liking, because I don't recall this version being played on radio. The "single" is about 0.5 minutes shorter...

The Dirt Band...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andream-lp.mp3

Jack