Posted to rec.audio.car
jj91709 jj91709 is offline

Default Fit a 10" woofer in a 12" hole

Just found this cool link for those of you that want to mount a
smaller speaker into a box (i.e., if you choose to downsize your box
from 12" to 10" woofers).

http://able-audio.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id=310

They're called custom speaker rings, not spacers which I googled until
I hit the end of the Internets.

Hope it helps someone down the line. Pricing seems affordable.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

jj91709 wrote:
Just found this cool link for those of you that want to mount a
smaller speaker into a box (i.e., if you choose to downsize your box
from 12" to 10" woofers).

http://able-audio.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id=310

They're called custom speaker rings, not spacers which I googled until
I hit the end of the Internets.

Hope it helps someone down the line. Pricing seems affordable.

$11 for a ring made from $1.50 worth of scrap wood?

Okay.

It doesn't address the issue that the a 10" woofer usually requires less
airspace behind it than a similar 12"...

All in all, it's an overpriced non-solution.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Christopher \Torroid\ Ott Christopher \Torroid\ Ott is offline

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
jj91709 wrote:
Just found this cool link for those of you that want to mount a
smaller speaker into a box (i.e., if you choose to downsize your box
from 12" to 10" woofers).

http://able-audio.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id=310

They're called custom speaker rings, not spacers which I googled until
I hit the end of the Internets.

Hope it helps someone down the line. Pricing seems affordable.

$11 for a ring made from $1.50 worth of scrap wood?

Okay.

It doesn't address the issue that the a 10" woofer usually requires less
airspace behind it than a similar 12"...

All in all, it's an overpriced non-solution.

You must have missed the previous thread. He has a box for a pickup which
has limited airspace (0.65cu/ft) and 12" holes. This made subwoofer
selection difficult. We were going over some options since he already has a
mono amp which will put 200W into 4ohms, but wasn't nearly enough for the
subwoofers which liked such a small enclosure. So a resizing ring and
smaller subwoofer might be a cool option to look at if wanting to keep the
same box a it opens up the field for subwoofer selection.

Chris

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

jj91709 wrote:
[...]

Fair enough, I musta missed the previous thread. It's still an
over-priced little circle of MDF. $3 worth of plywood and a few minutes
with a jigsaw will yield equally functional, if not nearly as "pretty",
results, and it can be ready in minutes with no shipping time required.