Posted to rec.audio.car
the_lower_class_brat the_lower_class_brat is offline

Default 5 1/4" in Mazda 3

Ive ran across a pair of nice 5 1/4" speakers (clarion 2 way).
Question is, if I took the stock speaker out of my Mazda 3 (6x8 one
way) and got adapter plates to fit these would I lose a lot of bas
response? Obviously the highs would be better.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Tre Tre is offline

On Dec 26, 11:58 am, the_lower_class_brat
wrote:
Ive ran across a pair of nice 5 1/4" speakers (clarion 2 way).
Question is, if I took the stock speaker out of my Mazda 3 (6x8 one
way) and got adapter plates to fit these would I lose a lot of bas
response? Obviously the highs would be better.

Do u have n e thing else n the back 2 back up ur switch over 2 these
51/4s??? If so then you should not lose n e bass. But the other thing
u need 2 look @ is what type ov musik do u listen 2? and if these are
off line or in a store? if in a store compare the speakers side by
side if they will let u. or get a general idea of what you like 2
listen 2 and set it up in your car, then go n 2 da store and listen 2
da same muzik(cd 4 instance) and find a model ov radio similar on
watts out as yours and test. how low on frequency do your stock
speakers go also? how low do these 5 1/4s go?

Hope this helps a lil. if u want ask more questions i can try 2 help a
little more.......