Posted to rec.audio.car
Ian

Default Window Noise

Whenever I turn the volume 3/4 of the way, my front door windows
start vibrating against the window rail. What's the best way to
silence this noise? Would dynamatting the doors stop it?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Are you sure it's the glass rattling against the rails? In other words,
have you taken the door panels off to confirm this?

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ian

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 01:59:48 GMT, Tony F wrote:

Are you sure it's the glass rattling against the rails? In
other words, have you taken the door panels off to confirm
this?

I'm almost sure. When I crack open the window a little bit, the
rattling and vibration goes away. So I assume it's the window
vibrating in its rail.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Make sure it's not the top of the door panel vibrating against the glass.
Put in a good song that you know makes the noise, turn the treble down all
the way (or shut off your tweeters) and start pressing against different
areas of the panels, window etc to try and get the noise to stop. Anyway,
that's a good place to start. If this doesn't reveal anything, I recommend
you take the door panel off and do the same thing INSIDE the door. None of
my cars have ever had an issue with the glass itself rattling in the
rails...not to say it couldn't happen, mind you.

Tony