Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
[email protected] fox@vixen.demon.co.uk is offline

Default FS: Benchmark DAC 1 -- Digital Analog Converter

on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180325226158

This is the classic model without USB but has optical TOSLINK and Coax
SP-DIF along with AES-EBU inputs. It has both Balanced XLR and Single-
Ended (RCA) outputs. Black. Pro model.

With the volume control it works as a digital preamp for CD players
and streaming devices, set top boxes and so on, or just as a
standalone DAC as an upgrade to your CD player or as a means to get
higher quality streaming audio from a squeezebox, airport express or
any similar item -- a very versatile device.

Sample rates are up to 24-bit data with sample rates of up to 192kHz
for very high resolution audio.

Stereophile absolutely adore this DAC: Read the review he
http://www.stereophile.com/thefifthelement/886/

The DAC1 also works nicely as a headphone amp with variable gain from
the volume pot.

This is a lovely DAC. Boxed and with manuals power lead and I can
probably throw in a Blue AES/EBU interconnect if you need one.

Let me know if you want it set for volume pot use or not (its a link
inside the DAC) and I'll preset if for you.