Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Broken Speed Control on Record Player

I have an a
href="http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/turntables/132996d8909f84e4/index.html"Audio
Technica AT-PL50 record player/a. It is playing at 45 speed all of
the time, even when I have the speed button set to 33. Why and how do
I fix it?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

I'm not familiar with that model but it looks as if the speed control is
electronic, not mechanical. I would start by spraying a little contact
cleaner into the speed switch and working it in and out several times. (See
if you can pull off the button to get to the switch.) If that doesn't help,
it's an electronic component failure of some type.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an a
href="http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/turntables/132996d8909f84e4/index.html"Audio
Technica AT-PL50 record player/a. It is playing at 45 speed all of
the time, even when I have the speed button set to 33. Why and how do
I fix it?

Posted to rec.audio.tech

what is contact cleaner? or where can i buy it?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

wrote in message
oups.com...
what is contact cleaner? or where can i buy it?

Radio Shack. But if this is something you've never dealt with before, you
probably need a technician.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

One quick check, even before going to buy contact cleaner:

If I recall right, this is a pushbutton switch. Try pushing it in and out
about 20 times in rapid succession. See if you can get both speeds at least
some of the time. If so, contact cleaner will help.