Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Target CDs

http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:56:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

He's "into" those Target CDs...

http://www.keithhirsch.com/

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 10:19:35 AM UTC-4, jjaj.l.com wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

He's "into" those Target CDs...

http://www.keithhirsch.com/

Jack

_______

Dude, click the link in my original
post and LEARN about what Target CD
signifies.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 10:31:13 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 10:19:35 AM UTC-4, jjaj.l.com wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

He's "into" those Target CDs...

http://www.keithhirsch.com/

Jack

_______

Dude, click the link in my original
post and LEARN about what Target CD
signifies.

All I know, Sony was having US CDs made in Japan, until US people complained!!
Not really into Target CDs, I see little value in them, IMO.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 10:19:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:56:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

He's "into" those Target CDs...

http://www.keithhirsch.com/

Jack

Also: http://www.keithhirsch.com/target-cds
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/07/2017 2:34 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 10:19:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:56:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

He's "into" those Target CDs...

http://www.keithhirsch.com/

Jack

Also: http://www.keithhirsch.com/target-cds

"Flat transfers of the original tapes" meaning tapes mastered for vinyl ?

Yuk.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 18/07/2017 21:10, geoff wrote:

"Flat transfers of the original tapes" meaning tapes mastered for vinyl ?

If they zero out with the normal CDs, it was likely a dupe of the
digital master that was sent to the pressing plant. Two transfers from
the same analogue master tape are very unlikely to be identical bit for
bit, with the best result being something as minor as the tape flutter
being out of phase, even if both transfers were made on the same machine.

The reason they were not processed further in the pressing plant was
because people were still learning about the process and only noticed
the immediate vast improvement in perceived quality over vinyl.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote: "
If they zero out with the normal CDs, it was likely a dupe of the
digital master that was sent to the pressing plant. Two transfers from
the same analogue master tape are very unlikely to be identical bit for
bit, with the best result being something as minor as the tape flutter
being out of phase, even if both transfers were made on the same machine.

The reason they were not processed further in the pressing plant was
because people were still learning about the process and only noticed
the immediate vast improvement in perceived quality over vinyl. "

By "not processed further", what sort of processing
are you referring to?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "Yuk."

Better than the situation described he
https://www.facebook.com/pg/2016Save...=page_internal
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/07/2017 9:35 a.m., wrote:
geoff wrote: "Yuk."

Better than the situation described he
https://www.facebook.com/pg/2016Save...=page_internal

Oh dear. Hobby-horse rears it's head again.

Sadly a highly flawed and erroneous page that only perpetuates a lack of
deeper understanding of the multiple issues with good or bad mastering
and remastering..

- Loudness wars are/were not the sole the domain of REmastering.

- Remastering does not inherently imply reduced dynamic range.

- Loudness (or other mastering or remaster processes) do not inherently
need to be digital to acheive either good or bad things.

- There are many remastered releases that sound FANTASTIC compared to
the original. The most objectionable ones were from the era of early
digital processing with relatively poor AD and bit-depths. And those
flaws are not related to hyper-compression.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 4:10:50 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 19/07/2017 2:34 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 10:19:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:56:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

He's "into" those Target CDs...

http://www.keithhirsch.com/

Jack

Also: http://www.keithhirsch.com/target-cds

"Flat transfers of the original tapes" meaning tapes mastered for vinyl ?

Yuk.

geoff

Flat transfers, because DAW didn't exist then :-)

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:56:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
http://www.targetcd.com/

Recently acquired my second CD of "Behind The Sun" - E. Clapton, #9 25166-2 as 'target' CD.

I WAV'd both version, target and regular, into my DAW and they nulled perfectly.
Is zero difference a normal occurrence between special target editions and regular CDs?

They both sound great.

Found a Pablo Cruise song in public domain. It SOUNDED nice, extended ending. Years went by, not nowing what CD it came from. Then I find Universal marketing their fancy HQ CD by that group. I compared and identical wave forms. In other words, the HQ format did noting for quality.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Another rare but desirable category of initial CD releases:

http://www.keithhirsch.com/the-japan...ney-tug-of-war

Eyes on target... Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Audio Opinions 17 June 23rd 09 05:47 AM
SPLC Target Pat Buchanan 127.0.0.1 Car Audio 0 September 21st 07 01:19 PM
HK Audio/Target Robert Meyer-Piening Pro Audio 0 January 7th 05 03:30 PM
FT: Target 28" Stands Da S Marketplace 2 October 9th 03 04:04 AM
FT: Target 28" Stands Da S Marketplace 0 October 8th 03 08:52 PM