Mark107

Default 9' concert grand piano for auction in NYC CHEAP

on eBay:

Here is your chance to own a full-size, 9" concert grand piano for a song. And
not some old, beat-up piece of junk, but a fully-restored, performance-grade
instrument. This piano was made by a company called Wissner, around the turn
of the century. You may not have heard of them because they folded in the
1940's. The company was founded in Brooklyn, NY, in the 1870's, by a German
piano builder.

This piano has recently been COMPLETELY rebuilt and restored, and is currently
on display at a prominent piano showroom in NYC. It has new strings, new pins,
new pinblock, new felts & hammers, etc. The soundboard is original, as is the
action. It has been completely refinished in satin black. It plays like a
brand new piano, but sounds as only an older one can. One of the top piano
techs in NY did the final set up work on it. He corrected the bearing, which
brought out the highs that many older American pianos lack. In terms of
brightness and overall tone, it has been set up to sound somewhere between a
Steinway and a Yamaha. This piano holds tuning exceptionally well.

This is an exceptionally fine instrument, and can be had for a FRACTION of an
otherwise similar Steinway. If you are local to the NY area and wish to play
the piano, email me and I will make arrangements for you.

This piano would be ideally suited for a recording studio, church, school, or
anyplace where an impressive looking (and sounding!) piano is desired. Of
course it is not out of the question to put it into your home, provided it can
fit!

Some info I found on the web...: Mr. Otto Wissner, was a thoroughly skilled
piano-maker whose ambition to excel never relaxed. The tone quality of the
Wissner pianos and player-pianos is of a refined and satisfying character. The
Wissner piano is used in a number of prominent music schools and colleges and
always with most satisfactory results. Wissner & Sons was established in 1878,
manufacturing pianos for about 50 years.

This piano can be shipped anywhere in the US. You pay the actual shipping
costs, of course. The showroom where it is also ships pianos, or you can make
you own arrangements.

My reserve is very reasonable. Good luck bidding!

On Sat Jul 12 11:11:31 PDT 2003, seller added the following information:

I have received a couple of emails (as well as a phone call) from other Wissner
owners. The guy I spoke on the phone with says he uses a 9-foot Wissner in a
weekly concert series, and told me that he likes it more than the Steinway D he
has in his house. Yes, that's what he said. Below is one of the emails that I
received:

"Just a note. I also own a Wissner 9' grand like yours. I had it completely
rebuilt in 1996. It's a dream instrument and I was offered $50k for it when the
rebuild was finished by a local university music professor! No way would I
sell for any amount! I only wish I had room for two of them...... You have a
great piano here. I hope it gets an exceptional home..."

It would seem that Wissner pianos do have a small but loyal fan club!
James Boyk

Default Shroeder piano?

Not only that, but a 9" concert grand can fit into any living room!

James Boyk

John Halliburton

"James Boyk" wrote in message
Not only that, but a 9" concert grand can fit into any living room!

That's the problem with the male of the species, we have these far fetched
ideas about what 9" is, and what it will fit into...

LeBaron & Alrich

John Halliburton wrote:

"James Boyk" wrote in message

Not only that, but a 9" concert grand can fit into any living room!

That's the problem with the male of the species, we have these far fetched
ideas about what 9" is, and what it will fit into...

"You call _that_ puppy a subwoofer??". she said.

--
ha
Guitarboy

In article , Mark107
wrote:

on eBay:

Here is your chance to own a full-size, 9" concert grand piano for a song.
And
not some old, beat-up piece of junk, but a fully-restored, performance-grade
instrument. This piano was made by a company called Wissner, around the turn
of the century. You may not have heard of them because they folded in the
1940's. The company was founded in Brooklyn, NY, in the 1870's, by a German
piano builder.

there used to be a producer in NYC named jimmy "wiz" wissner. any
relation?