Posted to rec.audio.pro
phil samuelson phil samuelson is offline

Default McIntosh MC 60

Audiophiles,

I have a MC 60 that is NM in all respects expect for it's output
transformer.

I need advice concerning either buying a functioning used one[poor cosmetics
preferred] or having mine rewound.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Regard,

Phil Samuelson

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

phil samuelson wrote:
Audiophiles,

I think you are in the wrong newsgroup.

I have a MC 60 that is NM in all respects expect for it's output
transformer.

What made it fail ?

I need advice concerning either buying a functioning used one[poor cosmetics
preferred] or having mine rewound.

Transformers don't just fail. They fail because they are abused, often
because there is DC on them from bad caps or bad output devices.

As a result, you won't find them normally stocked as spare items. And
because the MC 60 is actually worth some money, you won't see people
parting them out very often.

You can call McIntosh and see if they have any, but I suspect you are in
for a call to Peter Dahl Co. to have yours rewound. And if you have one
rewound, I suggest you have both of them rewound so the two channels match
perfectly.
kn8243 kn8243 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil samuelson View Post
Audiophiles,

I have a MC 60 that is NM in all respects expect for it's output
transformer.

I need advice concerning either buying a functioning used one[poor cosmetics
preferred] or having mine rewound.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Regard,

Phil Samuelson
Phil,

I know this is 4 years ago to the date, but was just wondering what you did with the Mc60. Wondering if you kept it or parted it out. I have a Mc60 without the front emblem that I've been on the hunt for forever. Many thanks if you could help or let me know. Thanks.

WTB: Mcintosh Brian Oglow Car Audio 0 August 26th 05 06:47 AM
mcintosh mc-240 Robert Levin Marketplace 0 August 17th 05 08:13 PM
WTB: Mcintosh Brian Oglow Car Audio 0 August 15th 05 10:18 PM
WTB-McIntosh [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 5th 04 01:51 AM
FS: Mcintosh C29 Myanchick2 Marketplace 0 February 20th 04 11:19 PM