Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default trio soundclips

more like a whole record....

except this isn't for release.... so i'm happy to give it out for
listening and critique. This is mixed and mastered. so- final
product. one zip file with 8 tunes.

https://files.me.com/natenajar/df5o0f

here's a recap.

trio in a very live room. classical guitar goes DI to modest sound
reinforcement. schoeps mk41 on guitar. dpa 4061 on bass. schoeps
mk41 on ride cymbal side of drumsss, THE hypercardioid on the snare
side and a 414 on the bass drum. any "pickup" sound you hear from the
guitar is bleed from the PA into the mics. Mics went into True
Precision 8 preamp then maudio profire 2626 converters recorded to a
laptop running pro tools. exported to logic for mix. recorded at
24/96.

most of the pickup was from the guitar mic. it has some compression
on it to deal with rasquedos and the occasional heavy strumming. the
only eq is high pass on all the mics (even the bass mic but at a lower
spot). 10:1 comp with a high threshold (peaks only) on the 2 mix.

move to mastering- about 2-3db constant compression, followed by very
slight eq from manley massive passive then peak limiting to raise the
overall level.

that's it.

overall I'm impressed with how good it came out- I know it can be much
better but I'm still learning. I'm excited it came out as good as it
did.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Nate Najar" wrote in message
[...]

Very enjoyable listen. Especially first thing in the morning
I really can't comment from a mixing/mastering point of view, but I'm as a
musician I'm digging the playing.

Thank you!

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nate Najar wrote:

more like a whole record....

except this isn't for release.... so i'm happy to give it out for
listening and critique. This is mixed and mastered. so- final
product. one zip file with 8 tunes.

https://files.me.com/natenajar/df5o0f

I get nothing but a wait 4ever for file information and a download that
doesn't start.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
Nate Najar wrote:

more like a whole record....

except this isn't for release.... so i'm happy to give it out for
listening and critique. This is mixed and mastered. so- final
product. one zip file with 8 tunes.

https://files.me.com/natenajar/df5o0f

I get nothing but a wait 4ever for file information and a download that
doesn't start.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

I did too, then I hit refresh and the page came right up.

Steve King

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Steve King wrote:

I get nothing but a wait 4ever for file information and a download
that doesn't start.

I did too, then I hit refresh and the page came right up.

Download initiates, but nothing happens. IP-address based restriction - ie.
because not on US mainland - on server assumed - "the requsted site is
either unavailable or not found" - probably not something Nate can fix, not
worth worrying about since I did get to listen to previously provided
snippets.

Steve King

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Apr 21, 6:26*am, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Steve King wrote:
I get nothing but a wait 4ever for file information and a download
that doesn't start.

I did too, then I hit refresh and the page came right up.

Download initiates, but nothing happens. IP-address based restriction - ie.
because not on US mainland - on server assumed - "the requsted site is
either unavailable or not found" - probably not something Nate can fix, not
worth worrying about since I did get to listen to previously provided
snippets.

Steve King

* Kind regards

* Peter Larsen

that's a drag.... good old apple inc doing things right again!
generally speaking that idisk idea works pretty good. Peter did you
get the email I sent you and did that link work? I'd be interested to
hear your thoughts.....

Sandalone box that plays recorded soundclips...... Steve[_19_] Tech 3 December 4th 08 12:55 PM
soundclips for your critique and a monitor question Nate Najar Pro Audio 0 May 28th 08 04:39 AM
new soundclips Nate Najar Pro Audio 6 September 20th 05 02:07 PM
Amplifying a string trio MM Pro Audio 28 July 8th 04 01:20 AM
Trio W-50 Receiver John Cusick Vacuum Tubes 2 July 28th 03 01:16 AM