Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

Default DB25 to RCA snakes

I'm taking delivery of a TASCAM MX2424 soon and am in need of DB25 to
rca snakes or adapters to patch into a console with rca tape returns.

They used to be easy to find but not now. I'd like not to have to
roll my own nor spend $600-700. If anyone has any to sell or knows
where they can be gotten please contact me off list. I'm not terribly
concerned about length but shorter is better. Either male or female
rca ends will do. I'll adapt as needed.

Thanks,
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Rick Ruskin wrote:
I'm taking delivery of a TASCAM MX2424 soon and am in need of DB25 to
rca snakes or adapters to patch into a console with rca tape returns.

They used to be easy to find but not now. I'd like not to have to
roll my own nor spend $600-700. If anyone has any to sell or knows
where they can be gotten please contact me off list. I'm not terribly
concerned about length but shorter is better. Either male or female
rca ends will do. I'll adapt as needed.

Hmm... so you need 6 of them to get ins and outs, so $100/each is out of
the question?

Gepco will make you some with your choice of connectors but the last I
looked they were charging around $100.

I see some on Ebay... but they also look to be around $100 and none of them
specify whether they are Yamaha or Tascam pinout... the two pinouts are not
the same.

Then there are some outliers:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tascam-DB-25...AOSwHMJ YH~5x

If it were me, I'd get some RCA-to-RCA cables, chop them in half, and
put the DB-25s on myself. But I'd use machined-pin DB-25s and not the
cheap stamped pin ones that are more common.