Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JLNelson19

Default subgrouping drums

I know a common mixing technique is to send the drums and maybe the bass to a
stereo aux return, highly compress this stereo submix, and bring it up low in
the mix to add a subtle "punch" to the drum kit. When I do this I get phasing
problems (especially on the snare), which seems to make sense. Is there
anything that is typically done to prevent phasing issues when subgrouping
drums? The music I'm mixing is electronic, i.e. there are no overheads, etc.
thanks for any suggestions.

jn

Recommendations for books on learning to play drums? Jeff Karsin Pro Audio 7 October 22nd 03 05:56 PM
Strokes' drums sequenced? Adam Pro Audio 22 October 4th 03 11:09 PM
REVERB for DRUMS ? Tommi Pro Audio 1 September 16th 03 06:43 AM
Drums question John Cafarella Pro Audio 9 July 31st 03 12:26 AM