Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] Mannr@uwaterloo.ca is offline

Default Studio Projects C4 disassembly?

Does anyone know how to disassemble the Studio Projects C4 (without breaking
it, lol).

I've got some "static/noise" in mine, and I need to get it apart to look around.
Oh yeah, it is bought used and not in warrantee. So I want to give it a shot.

I've taken apart several AKG mics, but those come with support docs.

Thanks for any help...
Richard
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , wrote:
Does anyone know how to disassemble the Studio Projects C4 (without breaking
it, lol).

I've got some "static/noise" in mine, and I need to get it apart to look around.
Oh yeah, it is bought used and not in warrantee. So I want to give it a shot.

I've taken apart several AKG mics, but those come with support docs.

With the screws out (and I recall there being a couple screws on this
design), take the capsule off and pull hard on the connector. You can
twist it a little bit, but not much. If this is anything like the other
Shanghai-designed ones, the board just slides inside the tube and it is
held fast by the screws at the base and the plastic insulating ring at
the top.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] IBrentCasey@gmail.com is offline

The threads on the top of the C4 body are removable. It is actually a
19mm D x 5mm H threaded ring.
Once the ring is removed, use a small flat blade to turn the XLR
retaining screw clockwise until it stops. At this point, you can
remove the PCB through the top of the mic.
As to the static/noise, I would check C18 on the top right-hand side
of the PCB. Just remove it completely, reassemble and test the mic.

Regards,

Brent Casey
Studio Projects Microphones
877-563-6335

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

The threads on the top of the C4 body are removable. It is actually a
19mm D x 5mm H threaded ring.
Once the ring is removed, use a small flat blade to turn the XLR
retaining screw clockwise until it stops. At this point, you can
remove the PCB through the top of the mic.

Wow! This is the opposite of the Chinese small diaphragm mikes I have
played with. This is nicer in many ways.

As to the static/noise, I would check C18 on the top right-hand side
of the PCB. Just remove it completely, reassemble and test the mic.

Many thanks... the original poster has posted several times asking for
this info and it is really good to see you back here again.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Sep 11, 2:17 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Wow! This is the opposite of the Chinese small diaphragm mikes I have
played with. This is nicer in many ways.

That's why they got a guy like Brent working for them.

Anyone used the Studio Projects LSD-2 Mic? Blind Joni Pro Audio 8 November 18th 04 06:24 PM
Anyone used the Studio Projects LSD-2 Mic? Blind Joni Pro Audio 0 November 18th 04 05:10 AM
Studio Projects C1 Mikey G. Pro Audio 3 April 2nd 04 10:22 AM
Tried the Studio Projects C4s? Mike Murphy Pro Audio 2 October 23rd 03 05:07 AM
Studio Projects B1 Vs. RCA 77D Chris Del Faro Pro Audio 2 July 1st 03 07:20 PM