George M. Middius

Default "The Turkey Has Landed"

dave weil said:

I've never liked Donaldson, whom I find strident and an appalling
wearer of toupees.

I once saw him scuttling on a downtown street with a look of panic on
his face. He darted in front of a taxi with a suicidal lack of caution.

He was on the air later that day as usual. No word about what phantasm
he was running from.

GeoSynch

Pudge was puzzled:

I've never liked Donaldson, whom I find strident and an appalling
wearer of toupees.

I once saw him scuttling on a downtown street with a look of panic on
his face. He darted in front of a taxi with a suicidal lack of caution.

He was on the air later that day as usual. No word about what phantasm
he was running from.

Looked in a mirror lately? ;-)

GeoSynch

GeoSynch

dave weil wrote:

If that's the case, perhaps you can explain why their ratings have been
plummeting over the past few years. Could it be that most people have
wised up to the liberal agenda of the elite media and turn elsewhere to
find more credible sources of news?

Sure. I can explain it.

Cable and the internet.

In total day ratings for all ad-supported cable channels, FoxNews has
an 8 share, and CNN is right behind with a 7 share (21st and 22nd).
What I was surprised about was the fact that in primetime, FoxNews is
actually second and CNN is 8th. And I think that Fox has the highest
rated news program on cable, although I don't know how that compares
with the shares that the network nightly news get.

Thanks for proving my point.

In addition to the Big Three, CNN's ratings have also been falling rapidly
over the past few years. So you'd think that cable news competitor Fox's
ratings would also be falling, right? Fox's viewership has been *increasing*
steadily all through the past few years and Fox has leapfrogged CNN as
king of the cable news hill! And where has that viewership been coming
from the past few years? You know where - from all those fed up with
the liberal propaganda churned out by the media elite.

GeoSynch

dave weil

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 04:21:14 GMT, "GeoSynch"
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

If that's the case, perhaps you can explain why their ratings have been
plummeting over the past few years. Could it be that most people have
wised up to the liberal agenda of the elite media and turn elsewhere to
find more credible sources of news?

Sure. I can explain it.

Cable and the internet.

In total day ratings for all ad-supported cable channels, FoxNews has
an 8 share, and CNN is right behind with a 7 share (21st and 22nd).
What I was surprised about was the fact that in primetime, FoxNews is
actually second and CNN is 8th. And I think that Fox has the highest
rated news program on cable, although I don't know how that compares
with the shares that the network nightly news get.

Thanks for proving my point.

Hey, I'm not defensive about this stuff...unlike some...

In addition to the Big Three, CNN's ratings have also been falling rapidly
over the past few years. So you'd think that cable news competitor Fox's
ratings would also be falling, right? Fox's viewership has been *increasing*
steadily all through the past few years and Fox has leapfrogged CNN as
king of the cable news hill!

Unseemly emphasis noted.

Frankly, they might be 'king of primetime" but overall, they and CNN
are neck in neck.

I remember when CNN was the "king of cable" during the Gulf War
(mainly because they were the main game in town). I think it's
commendable that they aren't pandering to the current world situation
simply to win a ratings war like Fox is.

And where has that viewership been coming
from the past few years? You know where - from all those fed up with
the liberal propaganda churned out by the media elite.

and for those who occasionally like watching a train wreck.

"Media elite". Boy, you just can't lay off the polemics, can you? And
you were just talking about the liberals being this way.
Bruce J. Richman

Paul Dormer wrote"

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote:

I'd say the thread title is very appropriate to what you wrote above.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

G.S. wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) wrote:

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote:

I'd say the thread title is very appropriate to what you wrote above.

Right, and he doesn't even wait for thanksgiving.. he serves himself
up on a daily basis.

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Indeed he does. His masochism is quite predictable.

Bruce J. Richman