Dave Brown

Default ADAT external converters - A/D or D/A?

Hi All,

I posted a question (actually, I highjacked someone else's thread --
d-oh!) about bypassing my ADAT XT-20 converters a while back.

Since then I've realized I have a problem. I track in one room and mix
in another, so if I want to completely bypass the ADAT converters, I
need two seperate units: at least 4 channels of A/D for the tracking
room, and 8 channels of D/A for the mixing room. Yikes!

So here's the question -- if for budget reasons I'm only going to
bypass one or the other of the ADAT converters (A/D or D/A), which
would I choose? My guess is that I'd get more benefit out of using an
external A/D and just living with the ADAT's D/A converters, than I
would the other way around.

But that's just an intuitive guess. What do all you experienced folks
think?

Thanks a lot for any help.

dB

ADAT Err-7 Issue Frisco Pro Audio 4 October 5th 03 07:30 AM
ADAT won't sync to BRC or Other ADAT Darrell Klein Pro Audio 6 July 14th 03 06:18 AM
External Mixer/DAW help please Mondoslug1 Pro Audio 1 July 13th 03 07:26 PM
ADAT thru on Blackface ADATs Thomas Thiele Pro Audio 0 July 6th 03 10:36 PM