Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom Evans Tom Evans is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-11 12:09:43 -0800, geoff said:

On 12/12/2014 7:22 a.m., PStamler wrote:

A couple of years ago, I spent a year taking MIDI and sequencing
classes as part of getting my Master's degree (at 63!). I discovered
several things:

You could have done a masters degree in Mac instead !

geoff

And you point is?

Tom

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-12 01:27:07 -0800, Luxey said:

On Saturday, 6 December 2014 07:47:39 UTC+1, Tom Evans wrote:
What's the best digital music recording program that comes with many
terrific instrument sounds?

I'm thinking of buying Logic Pro 10, as I'm a Mac user and I'm using
Garageband and a controller to record songs on the Mac, but I'm finding
Garageband's instrument sounds are too limited.

The price of Logic seems to be good ($200) but I wonder if there's a
program that easeir to learn and use; Logic seems to be complicated.

If you were on WinPC I'd tell you to get yourself the cheapest incarnation
of Cubase ...

(I hear Reaper mentioned a lot, but the last time I checked it was not
too good onto Piano Roll music making features, If I remember
correctly. It
is dirty cheap, though, so if it may be worth trying anyway),

... freeware "soundfont" player, than search and download all the freeware
soundfonts from the internet, and there it is. Even I could afford that,
should I wish to.

Soundfont player requires Boot Camp, which I don't want to have to
download and learn.
Seems like a roundabout course.

Thanks, Luxey.

However, since you're a Mac guy, I've no idea what you could possibly use.
Given the price of Mac, there's nothing in the price range.

The other way to go is "trackers". The most advanced version of the idea is
Fruity Loops. I don't know if there's one for Mac, but I'm sure there are
lots of freeware trackers for PC.

BTW, as far as I know, in recent years all the (lousy?) projects I came
across, by people who thought they could do it, but mid way realized they
could not and came for salvation, originated from Fruity Loops augmented by
some "super extra drum and bass samples" libraries.
So, likely it would be the way for you to go, too. They all thought FL was
the best there is for music making.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-09 13:33:08 -0800, Orlando Enrique Fiol said:

In article 2014120909140176423-tomevans9890@yahooca,

writes:

This is a proaudio newsgroup primarily about audio recording,
tracking, mixing
and mastering.

Out of curiosity: Do any of you gentlemen make a full-time living from
DAW music you composed and recorded?

Tom

No, you need to check rec.composer.performer for that. We typically
record and produce music performed by others, with some notable
exceptions.

geoff

And are any of you full-time, professional recorders and producers?

Tom

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-15 17:25:24 -0800, Luxey said:

So, you are a star, you know everything about your creative process,
you work with celebreties and you search for help on a newsgroup?
Why don't you just rent some space and hire someone to do the labour,
you remain
the author and producer? How many songs you've made? Where can I listen to that
release you speak about?

No, I don't work with celebrities. I didn't write that.

I can't afford to hire anyone or rent space.

I've made a few dozen songs but only published one so far.

I'm not ready to present a song to you, and it's not necessary for me
to do so and it's irrelevant. Check every header in this thread. It
doesn't say, "I want somebody to review my song."

Tom

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-16 03:32:58 -0800, John Williamson said:

On 16/12/2014 09:35, geoff wrote:
On 16/12/2014 11:28 a.m., Tom Evans wrote:

I know what I need to inspire my creativity, and my success as an art
star is proof of that.

We are all still eagerly awaiting a link to a sample of that
creativity, in order to add a perspective to what we are trying to help
you with.

I found a number of "Tom Evans" websites full of photos, and more
"Thomas Evans".

I'd not call the pictures on any of them stellar.

Hi, guys.

I'm operating under a psuedonym, to protect my professional identity.
I don't want my fans to read the sordid arguments going on here -- such
as me being accused of having a 'turd-filled brain'. It would be
embarrasing as a professional to have my fans read such crap being
written about me.

Also, I'm worried about the potential of more harassment, which I've
already gotten here in spades in my first ever thread in this newsgroup.

Sorry to disappoint you. I'd love to show you my art, but the level of
nastiness has gotten way out of hand, so I feel It's too riskly for me.

Also, I don't want my Web site stats to become artificially inflated.

Also, you seeing my art is irrelevant to my question in the header,
which is about how best to approach my digital music. I didn't write
in the header, "I want somebody to critique my fine art."

Also, you don't need to delve into my work and personal life to answer
the question in the header.

Tom

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Tom Evans" skrev i en meddelelse

I'm operating under a psuedonym, to protect my professional identity.

You're in a newsgroup with a lot of real people around.

Also, you don't need to delve into my work and personal life to answer the
question in the header.

That is actually a good point. Since you have published your music it could
have been a better approach to start with posting "here is my current music,
can you suggest tools that are useful for what I do?".

[from another post of yours]

I want to make a wide gamut of genres: pop, new wave,
coutnry, ambient, smooth jazz, rock, disco, rap, reggae,
trance, maybe some songs with African or orchestral
elements, etcetera.

Blowing up balloons?

Tom

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Tom Evans:

... freeware "soundfont" player, than search and download all the
freeware
soundfonts from the internet, and there it is. Even I could afford that,
should I wish to.

Soundfont player requires Boot Camp, which I don't want to have to
download and learn.

That ONE soundfont player, that you found... The truth is, there are more of
them out there! Yes, even for your MAC! ... and they´re even capable of
running without bootcamp. YOU have to choose a different one and it will
work just fine.
Just one example, that I know of:
http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.php

It´s a free synth plug-in, which has its own sounds, as well as soundfonts
(sfz).
On the other hand, it might be too much of an actual instrument for you.

Seems like a roundabout course.

Yes, definitely. Ignorant jibber from your side instead of some insight.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Phil W" skrev i en meddelelse

Just one example, that I know of:
http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.php

This remains a very useful thread, thanks!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Tom Evans:

I'm operating under a psuedonym, to protect my professional identity. I
don't want my fans to read the sordid arguments going on here -- such as
me being accused of having a 'turd-filled brain'.

Well, if you show nothing but prove that there is nothing else in the vacuum
between your ears.

It would be embarrasing as a professional to have my fans read such crap
being written about me.

STOP the cheap jibber and hand out some FACTS!
Anyway, you´re absolutely professional at being arrogant.

Also, I'm worried about the potential of more harassment, which I've
already gotten here in spades in my first ever thread in this newsgroup.

Sorry to disappoint you. I'd love to show you my art, but the level of
nastiness has gotten way out of hand, so I feel It's too riskly for me.

You´re coming here with a maximum arrogant behaviour and reject every
well-meant advice.

Also, I don't want my Web site stats to become artificially inflated.

Also, you seeing my art is irrelevant to my question in the header, which
is about how best to approach my digital music. I didn't write in the
header, "I want somebody to critique my fine art."

We don´t want to "critique" your so-called "art". We´re just used to real
professional standards which include showing some work references, when
asked to do so.
I´ve dealt with "professionals" like you before. They were all so bloated
about their incredibly great work, that they would not hand out any
reference - I guess, probably because they had nothing to show.

Also, you don't need to delve into my work and personal life to answer the
question in the header.

You still don´t have the slightest clue, what this is actually about. Each
and every single post of yours to this newsgroup proves that.

Either clean-up your **** or stop wasting other people´s valuable time.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 18/12/2014 03:05, Tom Evans wrote:
And are any of you full-time, professional recorders and producers?

Tom

Most of the ones whose advice you have ignored work full time in
recording studios and on location. One or two even run their own studios
for hire. The advice you have had would have cost hundreds if given on a
paid basis.

They have freely given you advice, which you have ignored. You have been
asked for information which we need to help you more effectively, and
you respond with nothing. You won't tell us what sort of music you make,
you don't want to let us hear anything you have done so we can judge
what your problem may be, and you now admit you are using a pseudonym,
so we can't even see what you do for a living.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-12 01:27:07 -0800, Luxey said:
(I hear Reaper mentioned a lot, but the last time I checked it was not
too good onto Piano Roll music making features, If I remember
correctly. It
is dirty cheap, though, so if it may be worth trying anyway),

... freeware "soundfont" player, than search and download all the
freeware
soundfonts from the internet, and there it is. Even I could afford that,
should I wish to.

Soundfont player requires Boot Camp, which I don't want to have to
download and learn.
Seems like a roundabout course.

Let's reverse the situation here for a moment. What would your response
be if I started a thread on a photography related group or forum you
subscribed to saying "What's the best program for editing pictures?" or
even, "What's the best camera to use?", and then turned down every
suggestion you made because I couldn't be bothered to learn how to use
the program or pay for and learn to use the camera? That's exactly what
you've spent a lot of time doing here. A lot of good advice has been
posted in this thread, and all you've done is poo-poo it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/17/2014 10:05 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
And are any of you full-time, professional recorders and producers?

No. We're smart enough to have other sources of income. People who are
full time recording engineers and producers don't go trolling newsgroups
to look for work or give away knowledge. They're too busy trying to keep
themselves fed by doing what they love to do.

However, there are many here who have given you advice who have made
recordings of professional quality. They just don't do enough of it to
live on.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/17/2014 10:13 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
I'm not ready to present a song to you, and it's not necessary for me to
do so and it's irrelevant. Check every header in this thread. It
doesn't say, "I want somebody to review my song."

What makes it relevant is that from your mumblings we haven't been able
to determine what problem you need to solve. Hearing where you're coming
from and where you want to go might be of some value.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/17/2014 10:32 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
I'm operating under a psuedonym, to protect my professional identity. I
don't want my fans to read the sordid arguments going on here -- such as
me being accused of having a 'turd-filled brain'. It would be
embarrasing as a professional to have my fans read such crap being
written about me.

I think you should be looking elsewhere for what you're seeking. Don't
slam the door when you leave.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/17/2014 9:34 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
The first decent song I composed, I was trying to compose a disco song,
but it turned out to be country! I never expected that! Recently, I
was struggling with a compostion that sounded kind of new wave/smooth
jazz/ambient, but then I added a track that had a reggae flavour, so I
had to "Save As" to try work on both sounds as separate songs. So I
never know what genres my songs will end up when I begin.

This is not good for a professional song writer. You should say "Today
I'm going to write a country song" and then do it. If you don't have a
plan you won't know when you're finished.

There's nothing wrong with playing around with sounds and melodies, and
maybe even words. You have all the tools to do that right now. What
could you do better if you had access to any sounds you choose? Have you
ever considered using your tools to sketch out a song, and then when you
have a direction and a plan, get the help of a professional who can put
the final polish on it?

Basically that's what happens with any form of popular music. It starts
with an idea, the idea is developed into a song or a symphony or a film
score, and it gets worked over until it's either finished or scrapped.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Peter Larsen:
"Phil W"

Just one example, that I know of:
http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.php

This remains a very useful thread, thanks!

Well, Alchemy player has been around for a long time and I´ve mentioned it
before in other threads here.
How does one find such things? Browse plug-in manufacturer´s websites
looking for *useful* free stuff.
Another good resource is the database at http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php - of
course, that requires willingness to learn at the least some basics about
how "this stuff" works:
e. g. what kind of plug-in format does my DAW of choice need?
Hint: GarageBand can use "Audio Units" (AU), a platform-wide format for Mac
OS X

Based on experience, this will be too much effort for a certain great
"professional artist", who is right now exploring the strawberry fields of
being a "composer"...

Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

On 12/17/2014 10:13 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
I'm not ready to present a song to you, and it's not necessary for me to
do so and it's irrelevant. Check every header in this thread. It
doesn't say, "I want somebody to review my song."

What makes it relevant is that from your mumblings we haven't been able
to determine what problem you need to solve. Hearing where you're coming
from and where you want to go might be of some value.

I have spotted his problem and there is absolutely nothing any of us can
do about it. Someone sitting on their own neck has to deal with that all
by thir lonesome, lifeless, trolling self.

Can we stop feeding him now? If lurkers have benefited from the cogent
portions of the thread, great, but that's over with now and this sucker
is deader than the troll's composting career.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Phil W wrote:

Either clean-up your **** or stop wasting other people´s valuable time.

Funcuscious day "Man with head up ass never clean up ****"

Stop feeding this troll? That's a ticket.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 18/12/2014 3:34 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

I want to make a wide gamut of genres: pop, new wave, coutnry,
ambient, smooth jazz, rock, disco, rap, reggae, trance, maybe some songs
with African or orchestral elements, etcetera.

Jeepers. That would make you one of the best composers and musicians in
the world ! But you did miss a few genres, presumably incorporated in
the "etc".

I'd be happy just to do one or two well.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:50:50 PM UTC-6, geoff wrote:
On 18/12/2014 3:34 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

I want to make a wide gamut of genres: pop, new wave, coutnry,
ambient, smooth jazz, rock, disco, rap, reggae, trance, maybe some songs
with African or orchestral elements, etcetera.

Jeepers. That would make you one of the best composers and musicians in
the world ! But you did miss a few genres, presumably incorporated in
the "etc".

I'd be happy just to do one or two well.

By the way, Tom, you might want to look up the difference between New Wave and New Age. The former is Nick Lowe; the latter is wind chimes.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-18 02:24:30 -0800, Phil W said:

Tom Evans:

[...]

Thanks, Phil.

Efficiency is always desirable and logical -- not gibberish. You claim
that downloading, learning and using Boot Camp is not a disadvantage.
Why use Boot Camp if I can get the Alchemy sounds without it? Time and
effort are valuable and therefore shouldn't be wasterd. You not
understanding that is gibberish.

It seems that to the men in this newsgroup, doing things that require
unnecessary, extra work is considered a virtue, whereas doing things
efficiently to save time and effort is considered is considered being
lazy. That sounds to me like a form of insanity.

And by the way, the word you were trying to remember is "gibberish" ,
not "jibber."

Tom Evans

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Tom Evans" skrev i en meddelelse

As I wrote, that thinkng doesn't work for me. For example, If I had only
stayed with making my art using techniques I don't like, such as pencil
crayons, stone lithography, serigraphy, etching, drypoint, aquatint or
watercolour, instead of my chosen methods of editing my photos in
Photoshop and printing them as giclees, I probably wouldn't be the
international art star that I am today.

It is not possible to dislike stone lithography unless you are unaware of
what it can do for you as a graphic artist, just as it is not possible to
dislike a real guitar.

The instruments that I use to make my music are just as ciritical for my
succees as a musician as they are for my art. My 30 years of experience
in the creative arts gives me the certaintly to know that. I need to be
inspired to make great music, and starting with an instrument that sounds
terrible is not a way for me to be inspired.

That point is as per Bracony's guitar school, he stresses that it is
important for the pupil to have have a good instrument because there is no
point in having to do battle with a poor instrument while learning. Bracony
however pre-dates the digital age.

If I use the ukelele to compose a song in Garageband it won't inspire me,
but the melody might be sound great if I used another instrument such as a
piano. That's part of my creative process.

Use your piano then. Or your guitar, or your bass guitar. Record them and
mod the sound of them if you like to do that, have fun!

I know what I need to inspire my creativit, and my success as an art star
is proof of that.

You claim success, links please.

I'm a veteran of the creative arts for 30 years and I'm a leader in my
field,

Tom, the rest uf the guys here just post their words and let them stand or
fall by their own ability, whatever it mote be. What is that field?

Finally, you say you want to become a great composer. All the great
composers I've heard of start by playing a hook on either a piano or
guitar, or whatever instrument they play best, then write it down and
start working on it from there.

That's what I've done in Garageband.

You claim above average reading comprehension. Try reading the above text
again.

I strung together some drum loops, then added piano, and/or synths, base
guiatars, etcetera. There's no writing involved in my composing; it's all
done by playing my controller and adjusting things in Garageband.

If you wanna be a musician, then start with a physical instrument. Yes,
there is fun to be had with the toys, but you need to get _time_ right and
there aint no instrument sound libraries that are better than a physical
instrument and its wealth of nuances.

Tom

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

петак, 19. децембар 2014. 00.21.07 UTC+1, Tom Evans је напиÑао/ла:
On 2014-12-18 02:24:30 -0800, Phil W said:

Tom Evans:

... freeware "soundfont" player, than search and download all the freeware
soundfonts from the internet, and there it is. Even I could afford that,
should I wish to.

Soundfont player requires Boot Camp, which I don't want to have to
download and learn.

That ONE soundfont player, that you found... The truth is, there are
more of them out there! Yes, even for your MAC! ... and they愉e even
capable of running without bootcamp. YOU have to choose a different one
and it will work just fine.
Just one example, that I know of:
http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.php

Itæ„€ a free synth plug-in, which has its own sounds, as well as
[...]

****, I hoped it will not happen, but you just proved, beyond doubt, being
either a troll or delusional "I'm always right" kind of freak. I'm out of this
disscussion.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

?????, 19. ???????? 2014. 00.21.07 UTC+1, Tom Evans ?? ???????/??:

On 2014-12-18 02:24:30 -0800, Phil W said:

Yes, definitely. Ignorant jibber from your side instead of some
insight.

It seems that to the men in this newsgroup, doing things that require
unnecessary, extra work is considered a virtue, whereas doing things
efficiently to save time and effort is considered is considered being
lazy. That sounds to me like a form of insanity.

Yes. O;-)

And by the way, the word you were trying to remember is "gibberish" ,
not "jibber."

Tom, it is not my aim in life to just bash people, but Phil got it right,
you have posted a lot of jibber lately. You started out with some good
questions and then tool the route downhill.

Tom Evans

****, I hoped it will not happen, but you just proved, beyond doubt, being
either a troll or delusional "I'm always right" kind of freak.

Nah, just posting some interesting stuff and some jibber.

I'm out of this disscussion.

What you added Luxey wasn't jibber, but actually quite interesting. There's
some
kind of common good in this. As for Mr. Evans, well - he _is_ moving closer
to the land of Plonk.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/19/2014 3:11 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:
That point is as per Bracony's guitar school, he stresses that it is
important for the pupil to have have a good instrument because there is no
point in having to do battle with a poor instrument while learning. Bracony
however pre-dates the digital age.

And the cheesiest of digital virtual instruments these days sound better
(those that emulate real instruments, anyway) than a novice experimenter
with sounds can record with real instruments and microphones. And the
best of them are so much better than most but top studios with first
class instruments.

However, the best or worst of those sounds, in the hands of s musician
without direction, can all make equally bad, or, by dumb luck, good music.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-18 18:11:21 -0800, Peter Larsen said:

"Tom Evans" skrev i en meddelelse

As I wrote, that thinkng doesn't work for me. For example, If I had only
stayed with making my art using techniques I don't like, such as pencil
crayons, stone lithography, serigraphy, etching, drypoint, aquatint or
watercolour, instead of my chosen methods of editing my photos in
Photoshop and printing them as giclees, I probably wouldn't be the
international art star that I am today.

It is not possible to dislike stone lithography unless you are unaware of
what it can do for you as a graphic artist, just as it is not possible to
dislike a real guitar.

I've tried stone lithography and hated Ğ both the process and the types
of priint it creates. The same applies to music; if if use an
instrument sound I don't like, such as a mandolin, it's hard to get
excited. Also I tried stone lithography as a fine artist Ğ not a
graphic artist.

Why are you trying to educate me on stone lithography? I already wrote
that I've been a fine artist for 30 years. I'm a veteran, yet you
imply that I'm an art novice. How cheeky.

Graphic artist means paste-up artist, or, as it used to be called,
"film and paper assembly' when we used to glue down galleys with a
burnisher onto flats. Two totally different types of artist. Graphic
artist is a mechanical production worker and there's relatively little
aritsty involved in that. It's like calling a sandwich maker at Subway
a 'sandwich artist.'

[...]

It certainly can be fun, when I can compose something that sounds groovy.

I know what I need to inspire my creativity, and my success as an art star
is proof of that.

You claim success, links please.

I've been bullied too much here for that. And it's irrelevant to my
question of what't best way to make my digital music.

I'm a veteran of the creative arts for 30 years and I'm a leader in my
field,

Tom, the rest uf the guys here just post their words and let them stand or
fall by their own ability, whatever it mote be. What is that field?

Renaissance man of the creative arts. (At least that's what some of my
fans said about me.)

Finally, you say you want to become a great composer. All the great
composers I've heard of start by playing a hook on either a piano or
guitar, or whatever instrument they play best, then write it down and
start working on it from there.

That's what I've done in Garageband.

You claim above average reading comprehension. Try reading the above text
again.

Which part?

I strung together some drum loops, then added piano, and/or synths, base
guiatars, etcetera. There's no writing involved in my composing; it's all
done by playing my controller and adjusting things in Garageband.

If you wanna be a musician, then start with a physical instrument. Yes,
there is fun to be had with the toys, but you need to get _time_ right and
there aint no instrument sound libraries that are better than a physical
instrument and its wealth of nuances.

Poppycock. I use the drum loops as my metronome. Also, if I didn't do
that, I could use the metronome, so there's no need to use a physical
instrument to get the time right. There are millions of splendid,
digital musicians who have recorded splendid, digital music without
first playing real instruments Ğ even pros.

I have an excellent, intuitve sense of rhythm. I'm a terrific dancer,
and dancers must have terrifc rhythm.

There's way too much conventional advice in newsgroups about how things
'must' be done.

On a fine art newsgroup, for example, a fellow fine artist insulted me
by claiming that if I don't sand four-by-eight-foot sheets of wood
panels on my home studio floor, then I'm not a 'serious' artist.

On a Webmaters' newsgroup, the men there ridiculed me for having a
crummy Web site because my code was full of errors. I replied that
It's the results that count Ğ not the methods, and it's not what's
under the surface that counts, but what the viewers see on the site
that counts, and my Web site is getting plenty of praise in drawing in
many customers despite the many code errors.

On a picture framers's forum, the conventional thinkers raged that I
must print my print editions all up front, instead of doing it on
demand, which is what the modern inkjet technology affords modern fine
artists and photographers.

On a Mac newsgroup, they cstigated me for not having al the latest and
greates hardware and software, yet my computer components serve me
well, despite only cherry-picking their advice.

On an printmakers' forum, they ranted that I must make 'origianal'
prints because my reproductions were jsut a cheap imiation of art, they
claimed.

On a photograpy Web site, they were apoplectic because I wasn't using
high-res camera with foot-long lenses, instead of the point-and-shoot
camera I used then. Yet they had never made a penny from selling
their photographs, whereas I was a full-time pro with a growing band of
loyal followers, yet they still insisted that I wasn't doing my
phtography properly. The irony is incredible.

I remember an arrogant, unemployed, self-styled hippie intellectual
with four university degrees telling me I 'must' study fine art history
to become a great artist. I didn't take his advice but I've been a pro
fine artist full-time for a dozen years and was making money at it
part-time before that for many years also.

I had a friend who was enthusiastic photographer. He had a foot-long,
heavy lens, a variety of other lenses, a moter drive, all the bells and
whistles, he could spout all kinds of technical know-how, but he
couldn't take a great photo if his ****in' life depended on it.

I shunned much of their indigrant, self-righteous criticisms of my
methods, yet have managed to build a business to the extent that my
fans call me things like "legend", "one of the best", and "second to
none". And I did it MY way -- not the way my angry, controlling,
belittleing, self-righteous, conventional, anal-retentive, picky, and
judgmental critics insisted that I must do it.

Conventional thinking never made any breakthroughs. Think of Steve
Jobs and Galleo Galilei and thousands of other great leaders. Did they
give a damn about conventional thinking, doing things 'by the book'?
Steve Jobs was a high school drop out, yet practised, "Think different"
and now his company is the biggest in the solar system.

Screw that creative folks 'must' do things in a particular way to succeed.

Conventional thinking without creativity would have us still living in
the Stone Age.

There's a popular song that goes, "Only shooting stars break the mold".
That describes me.

I'm a proud maverick, a free thinker, a free spirit, and individualist
and a true artist. I think conventionally often (when necessary and
prudent), but have also thought and acted freely and creatively and
that is what has led to me becoming an arts professional.

Already 20 years ago -- in 1994 -- a university fine art instructor was
using my giclees as an example to his art students of what could be
done with modern technology and creativity. At that time even most
artists didn't know what giclees are. So I'm also a bit of a pioneer.

There's more ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes. That especially
applies to creative people such as musicians.

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a
particular method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve
creative greatness. That is one of the biggest crock of crap from
conventional thinkers. There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of
creativty, and there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve
creative success.

KInd regards,

Tom Evans

Tom

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 20/12/2014 3:36 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

Why are you trying to educate me on stone lithography? I already wrote
that I've been a fine artist for 30 years. I'm a veteran, yet you imply
that I'm an art novice. How cheeky.

I know quite a few 'fine artists. None would have the gall to describe
themselves as fine artists.

I have an excellent, intuitve sense of rhythm. I'm a terrific dancer,
and dancers must have terrifc rhythm.

And such modesty.

I remember an arrogant, unemployed, self-styled hippie intellectual with
four university degrees telling me I 'must' study fine art history to
become a great artist.

Reminds me of someone ....

I had a friend who was enthusiastic photographer. He had a foot-long,
heavy lens, a variety of other lenses, a moter drive, all the bells and
whistles, he could spout all kinds of technical know-how, but he
couldn't take a great photo if his ****in' life depended on it.

We are all panting, waiting to see you terrific photos, fine art, and
fantastic music. Then we can have a context of what sort of advice to
offer, ignore you, or carry on this bizarre thread out of some sort of
morbid curiosty.

I shunned much of their indigrant, self-righteous criticisms of my
methods, yet have managed to build a business to the extent that my fans
call me things like "legend", "one of the best", and "second to none".
And I did it MY way -- not the way my angry, controlling, belittleing,
self-righteous, conventional, anal-retentive, picky, and judgmental
critics insisted that I must do it.

And now you are going to apply your excellence to music, but first need
to ask a few rank-newbie questions, and wilfully disregard the genuinely
helpful advice you've been offered.

Conventional thinking never made any breakthroughs. Think of Steve Jobs
and Galleo Galilei and thousands of other great leaders.

Steve Jobs had a few clever ideas but was basically a ****** and a
bully. A Great Leader that will be remembered after half a century - I
doubt it.

..

I'm a proud maverick, a free thinker, a free spirit, and individualist
and a true artist. I think conventionally often (when necessary and
prudent), but have also thought and acted freely and creatively and that
is what has led to me becoming an arts professional.

Don't hold back. False-modesty doesn't become you.

There's more ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes. That especially
applies to creative people such as musicians.

So you swallow the clever advertising brain-washing that implies if you
are an MacAddict you are therefore creative ? You are not alone there -
they were very cunning the way they deliberately contrived to instil
that thinking into artists of several types.

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a particular
method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve creative
greatness. That is one of the biggest crock of crap from conventional
thinkers. There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of creativty, and
there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve creative success.

Though there's a lot more **** been churned out under that theory than
masterpieces....

Again, we'd love to marvel at some of your masterpieces.

geoff

PS, as well as all the other examples, it's "motor drive". But I've
been guilty of typos myself, not being a Fine Writer. Mind you, fine
writers become fine by ignoring the rules....

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Tom Evans said...news:2014121918365139438-
tomevans9890@yahooca:
much snippage

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a
particular method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve
creative greatness. That is one of the biggest crock of crap from
conventional thinkers. There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of
creativty, and there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve
creative success.

KInd regards,

Tom Evans

You and Gary should hang out some time. You'd get along great.

david
Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Whoever suggested that Tom is a high school student is probably correct. And if I'm wrong and he's an adult, he has a major attitude problem, and should consider running for Congress.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Tom Evans" skrev i en meddelelse

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a particular
method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve creative
greatness. That is one of the biggest crock of crap from conventional
thinkers. There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of creativty, and
there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve creative success.

Stone lithography can produce true halftones and an incredible colour
intensity and no two prints are actually identical, especially not in as
much as the actual presses are all aged by now.

As for musicians time ... it comes from the heart, not from the metronome.

As for a real guitar: the wealth of nuances in a single tone based on how
the string is actuated.

Regarding polyrythm on a western meter ... disregard the danish speak and
listen to:

https://soundcloud.com/peter-krintel...-dyva-jeppesen

Have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year Tom.

Tom Evans

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 20/12/2014 6:14 p.m., PStamler wrote:
Whoever suggested that Tom is a high school student is probably correct. And if I'm wrong and he's an adult, he has a major attitude problem, and should consider running for Congress.

Peace,
Paul

Either a kid pretending, a master troll, or a True Buffoon. But a fine
and excellent one.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

david gourley wrote:

You and Gary should hang out some time. You'd get along great.

If Gary is using his actual name, perhaps not so much.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-18 02:24:30 -0800, Phil W said:

Tom Evans:

... freeware "soundfont" player, than search and download all the freeware
soundfonts from the internet, and there it is. Even I could afford that,
should I wish to.

Soundfont player requires Boot Camp, which I don't want to have to
download and learn.

That ONE soundfont player, that you found... The truth is, there are
more of them out there! Yes, even for your MAC! ... and they even
[...]

Trying to save time and be efficient it trolling? Only on a newsgroup.
Everyone I meet in the real world who's sane agrees that doing things
efficiently to save time and effort is desirable.

I guess you would never take any courses or read books on time
management, productivity or efficiency, Luxey.

You only resorted to calling me names instead of responding directly to
my logical question of why I should download, install and learn Boot
Camp, which is not just another unncessary program but also another
operating system, given the fact that I can get the same sounds without
doing that. Why not answer my good question directly and logically
instead of calling me names? The answer is that you don't have a good
answer. Only an idiot would learn a new operating system in order to
get the same sounds he could get with his existing operating system.

It is some of you who are trying to force your ways on me and calling
names (now including "troll') for not submitting to your ways and
claiming that you are always right and not seeing that there are
different ways to solve problems, expecailly when it comes to creative
problems.

I have a right to choose the advice that suits me. Trying to be
efficient doesn't make me a troll, and only an idiot would think it
does.

You're stupid, hypocritical, disrespectful and narrow-minded not to
understand these axioms, as is typical of many controlling Internet
advisors I've encountered.

If you can't be respectful to people who don't submit to your narrow
way of thinking, then you should refrain from advising people.

Tom

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21/12/2014 20:27, Tom Evans wrote:

If you can't be respectful to people who don't submit to your narrow way
of thinking, then you should refrain from advising people.

You asked a question. You got answers and possible solutions. You don't
have to like them, especially as they were freely given in both senses.

You have wasted a lot of time, both yours and ours, explaining why you
can't be bothered to read a short instruction manual or make any effort
to learn how to use any of the solutions you have been told about. In
the time you have spent whining here, you could have read the 26 page
manual you claim is "too long" to read many times over, and could now be
doing something productive with the program it is for.

What you have done here is not "efficiency", this is trolling. Also,
time spent learning how to use a better program than the one you already
use isn't wasting time, it is investing a little effort in return for
future efficiencies.

If you had applied the same theories to your graphics work as you have
here, you'd still be using a cheap instant camera and the photo
developer's booth on the corner while whining about the quality of the
pictures you took, blaming the poor quality on your camera. In which
case, I'd refer you to Ansel Adams and his Box Brownie picture series.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-19 19:57:35 -0800, geoff said:

On 20/12/2014 3:36 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

Why are you trying to educate me on stone lithography? I already wrote
that I've been a fine artist for 30 years. I'm a veteran, yet you imply
that I'm an art novice. How cheeky.

I know quite a few 'fine artists. None would have the gall to describe
themselves as fine artists.

How does that relate to anything? So because you don't know of any
professional fine artists, therefore there aren't any professional
artists on the world?

I have an excellent, intuitve sense of rhythm. I'm a terrific dancer,
and dancers must have terrifc rhythm.

And such modesty.

I'm modest about the things that I should be modest about (such as my
playing ability) and proud of those things I excel at. My girlfireind
and I won a spot dancing contest at a discoteheque once, so obviously
that indicates that I got "da ridim" (as the cool, black guys put it).

And I just got paid about $1,200 today for four prints I sold to two
sets of customers, so I'm proud of that and the fact that I'm an
established fine artist. I've paid my dues after many years of
struggle as an artist and writer, editor, photographer, grahic artist,
graphic designer, Web site creator and business communicaitons company
president and founder. Now the hard work is paying off more, so when
people here call me names for not kow-towing to all of their advice
(not all of which is good advice) then it pressures me to defend myself
by explaining my to try to stop their unwarranted put-downs.

I remember an arrogant, unemployed, self-styled hippie intellectual with
four university degrees telling me I 'must' study fine art history to
become a great artist.

Reminds me of someone ....

Like the visionary Steve Jobs, I am also a school drop-out. I dropped
out of fine art college after the first year and got a degree in
jouralism and became a journalist.

I had a friend who was enthusiastic photographer. He had a foot-long,
heavy lens, a variety of other lenses, a moter drive, all the bells and
whistles, he could spout all kinds of technical know-how, but he
couldn't take a great photo if his ****in' life depended on it.

We are all panting, waiting to see you terrific photos, fine art, and
fantastic music. Then we can have a context of what sort of advice to
offer, ignore you, or carry on this bizarre thread out of some sort of
morbid curiosty.

If you hadn't attacked me by calling me a high school kid wet behind
the ears, and other insults such as having a "turd-filled" brain, I
wouldn't have been prompted to explain my credentials. But clearly
you're not smart enough to have thought of the very obvious point that
when you attack people, they tend to defend themselves. So if it seems
like a bizarre thread, try to learn not to make stupid, insulting false
assumptions about people to avoid them having to defend themselves.

I shunned much of their indigrant, self-righteous criticisms of my
methods, yet have managed to build a business to the extent that my fans
call me things like "legend", "one of the best", and "second to none".
And I did it MY way -- not the way my angry, controlling, belittleing,
self-righteous, conventional, anal-retentive, picky, and judgmental
critics insisted that I must do it.

And now you are going to apply your excellence to music, but first need
to ask a few rank-newbie questions, and wilfully disregard the
genuinely helpful advice you've been offered.

I never claimed that my music is excellent and I've written that
repeatedly here. Please show me where I wrote that. You won't find
it. I guarantee that.

You (as well as others here) keep on making that false claim because
you haven't bothered to read carefully and you choose to make negative,
sweeping assumptions instead. And to repeat myself (again) I wrote
that I have taken some of the advice and that I would no take some of
the other advice, and that I would take some of the other advice, so
again you have made a false claim because you haven't bothered to read
carefully and instead choose to make negative, sweeping assumptions.

Conventional thinking never made any breakthroughs. Think of Steve Jobs
and Galleo Galilei and thousands of other great leaders.

Steve Jobs had a few clever ideas but was basically a ****** and a
bully. A Great Leader that will be remembered after half a century - I
doubt it.

Yes, he was a bully, but that's beside my point. My point was that I'm
a creative, free-thinking maverick as was Steve Jobs and thousands of
other leaders such as Galileo Galilei.
.

I'm a proud maverick, a free thinker, a free spirit, and individualist
and a true artist. I think conventionally often (when necessary and
prudent), but have also thought and acted freely and creatively and that
is what has led to me becoming an arts professional.

Don't hold back. False-modesty doesn't become you.

I'm filled with button-busting pride. I wouldn't have displayed that,
but you forced me too by calling me names, such as ignorant and kid.

There's more ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes. That especially
applies to creative people such as musicians.

So you swallow the clever advertising brain-washing that implies if you
are an MacAddict you are therefore creative ? You are not alone there
- they were very cunning the way they deliberately contrived to instil
that thinking into artists of several types.

No. I didn't write that and didn't even imply that and the idea never
even occurred to me. You really have a way of twisting people's words
dramaticlly. You've totally misinterpreted almost everything I've
written in this thread, to the point that you've made yourself look
like a fool. Where did I write that being a Mac Addict would make me
creative. I guarantee you won't find that quote anywhere in this
thread or any other.

I also explained to you -- Geoff -- directly that I'm not a Mac
cultist and have written so at least three other times in this thread,
yet you sitll insist that I am. So again you twist my words into
something I never wrote.

You should stop advising me because the more you write, the more you
show your stupidity and you keep on insulting me with false insults and
I'm beginning to wonder if you're a troll or is it just that you're
stupid?

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a particular
method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve creative
greatness. That is one of the biggest crock of crap from conventional
thinkers. There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of creativty, and
there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve creative success.

Though there's a lot more **** been churned out under that theory than
masterpieces....

An open-minded approach to problem-solving -- tailored to the innate
abilities of the creator -- obviously will gain more high-quality
results than creative approaches that are limited to only one approach
which ignores the innate abilities of the creator and ignores
efficiency. That is also obvious and again shows the falseness and
shallowness of your thinking. There's much **** being churned out
regardless of the methods used. This also would be apprarent to an
intelligent musican.

Again, we'd love to marvel at some of your masterpieces.

To repeat myself, there's no need for me to show my masterpieces. The
title of the thread is about software -- not fine art masterpieces.

And I don't like giving in to the pressures of people who bully me.

Also, giving a link to my only published song would be misleading
because it's only one genre and I'm interested in a variety of
instrument sounds. This, too, shsould be obvious to an intelligent
person, but i have to keep on pointing out axioms to you.

geoff

Tom
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Tom Evans:

On 2014-12-18 02:24:30 -0800, Phil W said:

Tom Evans:

[...]

Tom, YOU obviously completely misunderstood, what I wrote. Efficiency is
indeed desirable.

You only resorted to calling me names instead of responding directly to my
logical question of why I should download, install and learn Boot Camp,
which is not just another unncessary program but also another operating
system, given the fact that I can get the same sounds without doing that.

NOBODY here told you to "learn Bootcamp" or another OS!

Only an idiot would learn a new operating system in order to get the same
sounds he could get with his existing operating system.

Is it so much too complicated to visit the Alchemy Player website from the
link above and choose the "Mac OS X"-Version for download?????

Instead you got direct and clear advice for a plug-in, which should fit to
YOUR needs (e.g. OS, DAW) as directly as this reality here and now allows.
IF *YOU* choose to understand this completely upside-down, that´s YOUR
problem! Please, do not make it other people´s problem!

I seriously doubt your blabber about your "above than average reading
comprehension", as you regularly do extract the opposite of the original
meaning of what others than you wrote here.

You're stupid, hypocritical, disrespectful and narrow-minded not to
understand these axioms, as is typical of many controlling Internet
advisors I've encountered.

Once again: wrong perception by 180 degrees on your side... You get helpful
advice and fail to accept it as helpful.

If you can't be respectful to people who don't submit to your narrow way
of thinking, then you should refrain from advising people.

Read that last paragraph aloud, standing in front of a mirror, please.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-19 22:41:22 -0800, Peter Larsen said:

"Tom Evans" skrev i en meddelelse

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a particular
method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve creative
greatness. That is one of the biggest crock of crap from conventional
thinkers. There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of creativty, and
there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve creative success.

Stone lithography can produce true halftones and an incredible colour
intensity and no two prints are actually identical, especially not in as
much as the actual presses are all aged by now.

My point was that I don't like the process of stone lithography. The
writer insulted me (after I explained that I've been a professional
fine artist for many years) by telling me that I'm supposed to like
them and of course it's my right not to like them and not to use them
as my art medium or one of my art mediums.

As for musicians time ... it comes from the heart, not from the metronome.

Yes, it and it also doesn't necessarily come from the real guitar. The
writers insisted that I should use a real instrument to establish a
rhythm, instead of software to do so, despite me repeating that I'm
only using a digital workflow.

As for a real guitar: the wealth of nuances in a single tone based on how
the string is actuated.

I'd like to hire musicians who play real instruments, but I can't
afford to. That's why I'm constrained to the digital workflow only.

Regarding polyrythm on a western meter ... disregard the danish speak
and listen to:

https://soundcloud.com/peter-krintel...-dyva-jeppesen

Have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year Tom.

Tom Evans

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Thanks, Peter.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-19 19:57:35 -0800, geoff said:

On 20/12/2014 3:36 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

Why are you trying to educate me on stone lithography?I already wrote

that I've been a fine artist for 30 years.I'm a veteran, yet you imply

that I'm an art novice.How cheeky.

I know quite a few 'fine artists.None would have the gall to describe
themselves as fine artists.

How does that relate to anything?So because you don't know of any
professional fine artists, therefore there aren't any professional
artists on the world?

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that the "Fine artists" he
knows don't describe themselves as such, they let their work speak for
itself, which you consistently refuse to do. Hell, I *could* say I'm the
greatest mixer and sound recording engineer in the world, but you'd be
asking for proof of that before you believed me.

I have an excellent, intuitve sense of rhythm.I'm a terrific dancer,

and dancers must have terrifc rhythm.

And such modesty.

I'm modest about the things that I should be modest about (such as my
playing ability) and proud of those things I excel at.My girlfireind and
I won a spot dancing contest at a discoteheque once, so obviously that
indicates that I got "da ridim" (as the cool, black guys put it).

All that proves is that you may have good motor skills and the ability
to follow a rhythm. If that was all it took, then by your claims, all
good dancers would be good composers. They provably aren't, as the
skills required are totally different. You do know how disc jockeys pick
the winner of spot dancing competitions, don't you? I know how I and
other DJs I knew used to do it... "Cor, I fancy *her*. I wonder if I
could get a dance with her if she and her partner won the competition?!"
The fact is, there are a *lot* of reasonable dancers on the floor at any
decent disco, and not much to choose between them.

And I just got paid about $1,200 today for four prints I sold to two
sets of customers, so I'm proud of that and the fact that I'm an
established fine artist.I've paid my dues after many years of struggle
as an artist and writer, editor, photographer, grahic artist, graphic
designer, Web site creator and business communicaitons company president
and founder.Now the hard work is paying off more, so when people here
call me names for not kow-towing to all of their advice (not all of
which is good advice) then it pressures me to defend myself by
explaining my to try to stop their unwarranted put-downs.

Congratulations. The perceived value is obviously the reason you're
unwilling to let us see them. You're afraid we'll pirate them.

Now explain to us why you don't think it's going to take the same amount
of effort to master a new medium?

I had a friend who was enthusiastic photographer.He had a foot-long,

heavy lens, a variety of other lenses, a moter drive, all the bells and

whistles, he could spout all kinds oftechnical know-how, but he

couldn't take a great photo if his ****in' life depended on it.

Sounds like you and your ideas about making music. Anyway, taking great
photos is easy. All you need to do is be in roughly the right place at
about the right time and push the button. Any mistakes can be fixed in
post. ;-)

We are all panting, waiting to see you terrific photos, fine art, and
fantastic music. Then we can have a context of what sort of advice to
offer,ignore you, or carry on this bizarre thread out of some sort of
morbid curiosty.

If you hadn't attacked me by calling me a high school kid wet behind the
ears, and other insults such as having a "turd-filled" brain, I wouldn't
have been prompted to explain my credentials.But clearly you're not
smart enough to have thought of the very obvious point that when you
attack people, they tend to defend themselves.So if it seems like a
bizarre thread, try to learn not to make stupid, insulting false
assumptions about people to avoid them having to defend themselves.

And you still haven't explained your credentials in a credible manner.
Links to one or two of your "great" pictures would help your credibility
no end. As would a link to the music you're so ashamed of, so that
constructive comments can be made for your guidance with good data to
back them up. Nobody here is going to negatively criticise you, but
listening to your efforts will help us make better suggestions, so
improving the efficiency of your attempts to get help.

I never claimed that my music is excellent and I've written that
repeatedly here.Please show me where I wrote that.You won't find it.I
guarantee that.

You wrote that you have reached the limits of Garageband, and there are
some damn good tracks being made with that piece of software. Therefore,
you are implying that you are better than the users who have made
excellent music using the program, but are unwilling to show yourself in
public.

There's way to much insistence in fields of creativity that a particular

method or set of methods that 'must' be used to achieve creative

greatness.That is one of the biggest crock of crap from conventional

thinkers.There is a myriad of ways to achieve works of creativty, and

there's no one way that must be foundational to achieve creative success.

Maybe you're right, and maybe you're wrong. There are many ways to do
any job, but until you understand the limitations of the normal method,
then you have no way to know that your way is better. You claim to have
set up a successful business. Do you expect your employees to follow
your methods, or do you give them free rein? I'll guess with a fair
degree of confidence it's the former.

And I don't like giving in to the pressures of people who bully me.

Says someone who claims to admire a well known bully.

Also, giving a link to my only published song would be misleading
because it's only one genre and I'm interested in a variety of
instrument sounds.This, too, should be obvious to an intelligent
person, but i have to keep on pointing out axioms to you.

You keep saying this, but you are totally unwilling to invest the time
to find out which of the many solutions that have been suggested in this
thread are the best for you. In spite of your claims to be a leader, you
seem to want your hand holding every step of the way to success.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2014-12-19 19:57:35 -0800, geoff said:

On 20/12/2014 3:36 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

Conventional thinking never made any breakthroughs. Think of Steve Jobs
and Galleo Galilei and thousands of other great leaders.

Steve Jobs had a few clever ideas but was basically a ****** and a
bully. A Great Leader that will be remembered after half a century - I
doubt it.

A few good ideas? He won't be remember in 50 years? Apple is the
biggest company on the world -- bigger than even the biggest oil
company. Steve Jobs was a revolutionary. He'll be remembered for
millenia. You're showing again that you're a pinhead.
.
I'm a proud maverick, a free thinker, a free spirit, and individualist
and a true artist. I think conventionally often (when necessary and
prudent), but have also thought and acted freely and creatively and that
is what has led to me becoming an arts professional.

Don't hold back. False-modesty doesn't become you.

It's fine for stars to boast; I've earned my stripes.

There's more ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes. That especially
applies to creative people such as musicians.

So you swallow the clever advertising brain-washing that implies if you
are an MacAddict you are therefore creative ? You are not alone there
- they were very cunning the way they deliberately contrived to instil
that thinking into artists of several types.

The vast majority of creative people use Macs because Macs are more
suited to creative work. Plus, they're less problematic; you don't get
cryptic "registry errors" for example. And they aren't nearly as prone
to viruses. And Macs are more logically designed. But you wouldn't
know much about logic.

If you spent some more time learning about Macs instead of bashing
them, and bashing users like me, you would know these well-known facts
and you might actually discover why Macs are superior.

Also, I'm a Mac user because that's what I've come accustomed to using
for 20 years -- not because I'm an addict.

Dummy.

Tom