Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] Allwardt@monika.com is offline

Default Blueair 601 Air Purification System

Price:$649.95
Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0002EXDQW
Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0002EXDQW

I have 4 Blueair units in my home. This unit is amazing, its quiet, energy efficient and cleans the air fast! My wife has horrible allergies and having a 601 in our bedroom is the only way she can sleep through the night!
The product description and independent reviews (e.g., allergybuyersclub) say it all. This is an excellent air filter, quiet & reliable. The improvement in my office's air quality is dramatic. My unit is combating strong chemicals, pollen, auto fumes & cigarette smoke seeping in my window cracks, and occasional thick smoke from controlled burns. With the BlueAir601 on, I don't react to any of it, and I have very sensitive allergies.
The manufacturer is quick to point out this units maximum clean air delivery rate on high, what they conveniently don't tell you is that as soon as it is turned down one notch from high it barely moves any air. I called Blue Air directly to inquire why they don't list the cubic feet per minute on other settings, they informed me that "It hasn't been tested." In my opinion, that means they don't want to answer honestly because they know they have a problem. They tout how quiet it is on lower settings, yet state "Its exceptional airflow on low" that is a boldfaced lie. Avoid this unit, save your money!
The dust problem in our house was unbelievable. A visible coating of the stuff appeared within 24 hours of dusting. We have replaced windows, we sealed the air conditioning system, we replaced 3-month filters every month. Still, dust dust dust dust.We tried the Ionic Breeze (actually four of them at once), a Kenmore model, a Whirlpool, and several others. (For technical reasons, we could not get a "whole-house" system.) My research finally lead us to the Blueair 601 . . . and thank goodness it did.This unit is amazing. On high, it devours dust so fast that thrice-a-week dusting in the master bedroom has turned into twice-a-month. We bought a second one for the family room and have had the same results.Yes, it is loud on high, but with three other speed settings, a quick "click" and the 601 still does a fine job cleaning out the Sahara that is our home. The unit looks sleek, moves easily, and draws less power than a box fan. It has a better warranty than any other unit we tried and, because it's European-made, there's plenty of pride-of-craftsmanship here that you won't find in machines made in Asian sweat shops.
We LOVE our Blueair! Yes, it's big, but at least it's stylish. It's easy to wheel from room to room, and it is truly silent on the lowest setting, a pleasant white noise on the medium, and not all that loud on the highest. If it's too loud on the highest, just turn it on high when you leave like the previous reviewer suggested, and turn it down when you return. Wonderful on cooking odors (especially fish sticks!) and pet dander, and was SO useful when we painted the inside of our house--tremendously helped with that reely-head-from-fumes sick feeling--bleah! We're thinking of getting a second one for downstairs!
Blueair is the system for people living with alergies, asthma or other respiratory conditions, or for anyone who wants cleaner, more breathable air. A revolutionairy combination of advanced filter media and an encapsulated ion particle charging chamber makes it possible for the Blueaur air purification system to achieve better results than either technology alone. Our patented HEPASilent filter technology is proven effective at capturing 99.97% of the tiniest 0.1 micron particles. The quietest unit in the industry, Blueair's low-density filter clean larger volumes of air more quietly than any other unit in the industry. Hence the name HEPASilent(r) a Blueair Exclusive. Bacteria-resistant filters, Blueair's filters are made of bacteria-resistant polypropylene. Because polypropylene is waterproof, the filters naturally reist contamination from bacteria, viruses and mold without chemical additives or washes. And the filters only need replacement every six months, a process that takes under 30 seconds. The Blueair 501 is for room sizes up to 679 square feet.10 year limted warranty, Award-winning Swedish design
For rooms up to 679 square feet, this air purification system features two-stage HEPASilent technology that captures 99.97-percent of 0.1 micron particles, including allergy-provoking pollen grains, dust mites, mold spores, and pet dander particles. The unit is ideal for people living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions, or for anyone who wants cleaner, more breathable air. Particles that a HEPA filter alone might miss are captured with an electrostatic charge. HEPASilent technology moves particles through an enclosed ion chamber, which attaches a charge to the particle itself. Charged particles cling more easily to the filter media, resulting in higher filter efficiency overall. Because most electrostatic air cleaners charge the filter media itself, the charge dissipates over time and renders the filter less efficient. By constantly charging incoming particles, instead of the filter, HEPASilent technology keeps on working effectively. The air purifier's HEPASilent filter technology is geared to a more environmentally friendly design as well. Its nontoxic polypropylene filter contains millions of ultra-thin fibers that trap tiny particles as they pass through the pleats. One of the least harmful plastics for human health and the environment, polypropylene works without outgassing or shedding irritating microscopic fibers into the air. Because polypropylene is waterproof, the filter resists contamination from bacteria, viruses, and mold naturally, without chemical additives. And as used filters are discarded and decompose, the filter media converts into harmless carbon dioxide and water. Not only does the unit clean air with environmentally friendly filters, its HEPASilent filter technology also allows for extremely quiet operation. On the lowest setting, the unit emits no more sound than a desktop computer. With its HEPASilent filter technology, particles are trapped with both mechanical and electrostatic filters so that in combination, the two filters create a filter system through which air flows freely and the fan doesn't have to work so hard. The unit's design is also geared towards quiet operation with its noise-muffling steel housing. Not only quiet, but the air purifier is energy efficient as well, costing about the same amount to clean indoor air as it does to power a light bulb--15 watts on low to 95 watts on high. The air purifier operates efficiently, quietly, as well as inoffensively. Instead of discharging a windy stream of filtered air, the unit diffuses air gently through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner. Its SurroundAir system achieves peak performance without annoying drafts by drawing in dirty air from the sides and bottom, moving it through a less dense filter media, and releasing clean, filtered air from the sides and top. Operating on its lowest setting, the system produces virtually no noticeable draft, while still providing an exceptional air exchange rate. The air purifier features a sleek, contemporary, Swedish design and is easy to use and maintain. Simply plug it in, select the speed setting, and it is ready to go, with a bright blue power "on" light to show that it's working. The grilles and powder-coated steel exterior are easy to wipe clean, and when the filter needs to be replaced (twice yearly), just open the lid, lift out the old filters, and drop the new ones in. This quiet, efficient, easy-to-use air purifier measures 26 by 20 by 13 inches and carries a 10-year warranty. --Catie Unger

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Blueair Replacement Particle Filter for Blueair 500/600 Series Air Purifiers, Set of 3:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00007E7IK
Blueair Smokestop Filter for Blueair 500/600 Series Air Purifiers, Set of 3:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0002EXDR6
Blueair 601 Series Particle Replacement Filter:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0001ZIMSG