Jacob Kramer

Default John Mellencamp Attacks President Bush In Open Letter

Here's an excerpt from the letter:

"As the echo of the war drums fades away and the angry masses calling
for blood slowly disperse, we as a nation must now confront the truth.
We face the unpleasant reality of an uncertain future, compromised
safety, a failing economy, and the question of how a society of
otherwise reasonable citizens was systematically lied to and
manipulated into backing the political 'hijacking' of Iraq.

"Before a single bomb was ever dropped, some of us, formerly called
the 'anti-American and unpatriotic,' have questioned or opposed this
war. Now, each day, as the dust settles and the truth slowly surfaces,
more and more people come to the inevitable conclusion of what a
debacle this whole war was.

"Thirty-nine-thousand bombs later, no weapons of mass destruction
uncovered, no dangerous dictators captured, no connection to September
11th. What have we gained but relentless media coverage of a fallen
statue and some stolen oil fields--the spoils of this misadventure.
Not to mention lucrative corporate payoffs and an enormous price tag
of over $80 Billion...some tax cut.

"But what have we lost? We have lost the lives of over 300 Americans.
Approximately two U.S. troop deaths each day, 193 deaths since the war
was declared over. In total, an estimated 20,000 people have died,
thus far, in this conflict."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1499&e=15&u=/launch/214927
Michael Mckelvy

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
m...
Here's an excerpt from the letter:

"As the echo of the war drums fades away and the angry masses calling
for blood slowly disperse, we as a nation must now confront the truth.
We face the unpleasant reality of an uncertain future, compromised
safety,

The last time we were attacked was..............? 9/11. Seems like we're
pursuing the right strategy, kill them before they get here.

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

More bull****.

"Before a single bomb was ever dropped, some of us, formerly called
the 'anti-American and unpatriotic,' have questioned or opposed this
war.

Where were they when we went to Kosovo? Where's the outrage about still
being there?

Now, each day, as the dust settles and the truth slowly surfaces,
more and more people come to the inevitable conclusion of what a
debacle this whole war was.

Not the Iraqi people. Gallup polls show the majority of them want us there.

"Thirty-nine-thousand bombs later, no weapons of mass destruction
uncovered,

Not true.

no dangerous dictators captured, no connection to September
11th.

Terrorist training camps????

What have we gained but relentless media coverage of a fallen
statue and some stolen oil fields--the spoils of this misadventure.

Stolen? By whom? The Arabs stole them from us and now they still have
them.

Not to mention lucrative corporate payoffs and an enormous price tag
of over $80 Billion...some tax cut.

Just like last time the economy is growing it's way out of debt. Now if we
could get a big tax cut instead of the tiny one we've had we might really
take off.

"But what have we lost? We have lost the lives of over 300 Americans.
Approximately two U.S. troop deaths each day, 193 deaths since the war
was declared over. In total, an estimated 20,000 people have died,
thus far, in this conflict."

How many did Saddam kill?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1499&e=15&u=/launch/214927

TCS

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:38:41 -0700, Michael Mckelvy wrote:

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.
Sockpuppet Yustabe

wrote:

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.
It was stagnating and drooping before that.
9-11 put a dent in travel and tourism, which has rebounded.
But, in the big picture, it is just the usual cyclic changes.
If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

George M. Middius

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

If you ever wanted to move to D.C., now is the time. Most of the
market is depressed.

Lionel

Jacob Kramer wrote:

[...]

Interesting.
Is the French wine still flow in Washington streets ?
LOL !

Lionel

Michael Mckelvy wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1499&e=15&u=/launch/214927

No Micheal Mellecamp doesn't means what you read.
He clearly explains that America is becoming "The Country of morons"...
You are the living proof of this mutation.

TCS

wrote:

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.

The hysteria after 9-11 had everything to do with it.

I was job hunting at the beginning of 2002. Went looking for
"engineering,software", "EDP", "programming", "software engineers",
"computer..." and the rest of the other titles for software development
jobs. There wasn't ONE. Scanned the entire job ads from A to Z and
there wasn't a single software development job ad.

That was february 2002. In my 20 years experience, this has NEVER
happened before. Even now there aren't 25% the listings there were in
any given sunday from 1981 to 2001.
Lionel

wrote:

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.
It was stagnating and drooping before that.
9-11 put a dent in travel and tourism, which has rebounded.
But, in the big picture, it is just the usual cyclic changes.
If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

Do you find a gold lode in your cellar ?

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

If you ever wanted to move to D.C., now is the time. Most of the
market is depressed.

I want to move away!
Three years till I retire.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Lionel" wrote in message
Jacob Kramer wrote:

[...]

Dumping French wine that we already bought from you is stupid, stupid,
stupid.

Powell

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.
It was stagnating and drooping before that.
9-11 put a dent in travel and tourism, which has
rebounded. But, in the big picture, it is just the
usual cyclic changes.

But its not a normal cycle there is an anomaly
(contradiction) in government market indicators.
Current BusinessWeek... first time in 42 years
economic growth has increased while jobless
figures rising. There are changes in the jobless
demographics, too. Nearly half of all households
are now headed by other than husban and wife.

Medical cost are up 49% since 2000. The 80 Billion
that has been allocated to war could have provided
a start to nationalized health care like Canada. Local
and state governments are deficit spending, too.
California is often an indicator of national trends.

Nothing "normal" about those indicators of economic
well-being.

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

Values are good. It’s a buyer's market and days
on the market are up, however.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

wrote:

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.

The hysteria after 9-11 had everything to do with it.

I was job hunting at the beginning of 2002. Went looking for
"engineering,software", "EDP", "programming", "software engineers",
"computer..." and the rest of the other titles for software development
jobs. There wasn't ONE. Scanned the entire job ads from A to Z and
there wasn't a single software development job ad.

That was february 2002. In my 20 years experience, this has NEVER
happened before. Even now there aren't 25% the listings there were in
any given sunday from 1981 to 2001.

Compare August 2000 with August 2001, August 2002 and
August 2003. That should develop some sort of trend line that
would put 9-11 in perspective, whatever the answer might be.

Lionel

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"Lionel" wrote in message

Jacob Kramer wrote:

[...]

Agree with you.
It requires sens of sacrifice...
....but less than for sending Boys in a such hostile country.

Nexus 6

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.
It was stagnating and drooping before that.
9-11 put a dent in travel and tourism, which has rebounded.
But, in the big picture, it is just the usual cyclic changes.
If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

'Cause you live in the DC area?

Real estate in the burbs there bears no relation to the rest
of the country.

Nexus 6

Nexus 6

Lionel wrote:

Interesting.
Is the French wine still flow in Washington streets ?

No, they call it "Freedom Wine" now.

LOL !

Correct.

Nexus 6

Nexus 6

TCS wrote:

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.

The hysteria after 9-11 had everything to do with it.

Not everything.

I was job hunting at the beginning of 2002. Went looking for
"engineering,software", "EDP", "programming", "software engineers",
"computer..." and the rest of the other titles for software development
jobs. There wasn't ONE. Scanned the entire job ads from A to Z and
there wasn't a single software development job ad.

That was february 2002. In my 20 years experience, this has NEVER
happened before. Even now there aren't 25% the listings there were in
any given sunday from 1981 to 2001.

Is it possible the massive crash in the tech sector might
have something to do with it?

That implosion began well before September 11.

Nexus 6

George M. Middius

Nexus 6 said:

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

'Cause you live in the DC area?

Real estate in the burbs there bears no relation to the rest
of the country.

The contention is that it bears as strong a relation to the economy as
any other locale.

Prices in Manhattan are skyrocketing too.

Marc Phillips

TCS said:

The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

I just received my quarterly financial statement yesterday, and all of my
stocks are doing great, better than pre-9/11.

Boon
Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Powell" wrote in message

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.
It was stagnating and drooping before that.
9-11 put a dent in travel and tourism, which has
rebounded. But, in the big picture, it is just the
usual cyclic changes.

But its not a normal cycle there is an anomaly
(contradiction) in government market indicators.
Current BusinessWeek... first time in 42 years
economic growth has increased while jobless
figures rising.

That was short term, and last month it went down slightly by 75,000.

There are changes in the jobless
demographics, too. Nearly half of all households
are now headed by other than husban and wife.

?? nobody here but us chickens.

Medical cost are up 49% since 2000. The 80 Billion
that has been allocated to war could have provided
a start to nationalized health care like Canada. Local
and state governments are deficit spending, too.
California is often an indicator of national trends.

THere's a zillion economic stats out there. Anybody could
pick any one to make a point. There is so much statistical
analysis out there, that citing one is no more than providing anecdotal
evidence.

Think of all the social programs we could through money at if
we went full throttle and actually abolished the military! You can
stop drooling now,

Nothing "normal" about those indicators of economic
well-being.

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

Values are good. It's a buyer's market and days
on the market are up, however.

Not here.
If it were a buyer's market woth lengthy exposure, values
would NOT be so good.

Nexus 6

Powell wrote:

Medical cost are up 49% since 2000. The 80 Billion
that has been allocated to war could have provided
a start to nationalized health care like Canada. Local
and state governments are deficit spending, too.
California is often an indicator of national trends.

National health care will never happen in this country.

Too much money to be made treating people's health as a
commodity.

Nexus 6

TCS

wrote:

[...]

No problem:
8/2000: 20 pages of ads
8/2001: 18 pages
8/2002: 3 pages
8/2003: 4 pages
TCS

On 22 Oct 2003 21:46:03 GMT, Marc Phillips wrote:
TCS said:

The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

I just received my quarterly financial statement yesterday, and all of my
stocks are doing great, better than pre-9/11.

You have exactly the same portfolio as you did pre-9/11?
Nexus 6

George M. Middius wrote:

Nexus 6 said:

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

'Cause you live in the DC area?

Real estate in the burbs there bears no relation to the rest
of the country.

The contention is that it bears as strong a relation to the economy as
any other locale.

One with which I disagree.

Times apst, the DC area has been largely shielded from real
estate troubles, with the popping of a local and artificial
bubble excepted.

The brief hiring frenzy the fed went on may have contributed
to it, plus the never ending arrival of corporations hungry
for giveaways.

Prices in Manhattan are skyrocketing too.

Er, didn't they drop considerably a while back?

Nexus 6

Lionel

Default John Mellencamp's open Letter

Gentlemen,

Just a comment from a stupid French guy.
Just to show you how Americans people from all politic are sometime far
out of reality.

The open letter which has been proposed focus on reasons of the war, how
many people have been killed and how much money it will cost to USA and
international community.

And what you do now ?
You are discussing about your job, the price of your houses, your
stocks, the color of you feces... Your comfort.
Just like if you are living on an island far from the rest of the world.

Are you surprised now that more than half of the world population hate
America ? ;-)

George M. Middius

Nexus 6 said:

Prices in Manhattan are skyrocketing too.

Er, didn't they drop considerably a while back?

I dunno. They're at an all-time high now though, and by a considerable
margin. I just read that the average price of a home sale is just
under a mil, and the median price is over 600K.

Michael Mckelvy

"Nexus 6" wrote in message

Powell wrote:

Medical cost are up 49% since 2000. The 80 Billion
that has been allocated to war could have provided
a start to nationalized health care like Canada. Local
and state governments are deficit spending, too.
California is often an indicator of national trends.

National health care will never happen in this country.

Too much money to be made treating people's health as a
commodity.

There's another big reason it won't happen. The Democrats realized that it
would let business off the hook and free up money for things like
investment, research, jobs, etc..

Dogma4e

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:24:04 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

Gentlemen,

Just a comment from a stupid French guy.
Just to show you how Americans people from all politic are sometime far
out of reality.

Are you surprised now that more than half of the world population hate
America ? ;-)

Then here's something decidingly American that you'll really love.
Why don't you tell us all how grateful you are that we bailed your
sorry, unprepared asses out of world war two, and then allowed you to
join the United Nations despite the fact that half your facist,
anti-semitic countrymen were intermittently shooting at us, and
stealing our critical supplies from North Africa to Normandy?
Cheering crowds in Paris! Right! They would have been cheering
louder had we been marched under your wretched arch on the way to the
death camps.

The French are generally annoying clowns, and nothing more, saddled by
an societal inferiority complex that makes gerg look borderline
normal.
Michael Mckelvy

"Lionel" wrote in message
Gentlemen,

Just a comment from a stupid French guy.
Just to show you how Americans people from all politic are sometime far
out of reality.

The open letter which has been proposed focus on reasons of the war, how
many people have been killed and how much money it will cost to USA and
international community.

And what you do now ?
You are discussing about your job, the price of your houses, your
stocks, the color of you feces... Your comfort.
Just like if you are living on an island far from the rest of the world.

Are you surprised now that more than half of the world population hate
America ? ;-)

Not surprised, the rest of the world has neer known the kind of economic
freedom we have here. They also don't seem to grasp that it is THE reason
why this country is the economic engine that drives the world.

Nexus 6

George M. Middius wrote:

Nexus 6 said:

Prices in Manhattan are skyrocketing too.

Er, didn't they drop considerably a while back?

I dunno. They're at an all-time high now though, and by a considerable
margin. I just read that the average price of a home sale is just
under a mil, and the median price is over 600K.

There is nothing like the power of public spending.

Nexus 6

Lionel

wrote:

[...]

First you have badly quoted my message. So you start like a censor.
Good, good.

I am speaking about the present and you answer speaking about the past.
I know what America has done in the past for Europe and precisely for
France. I use to travel in France, I have seen all these graveyards in
Somme and Normandie, does it help one of your boy in Irak ?

I don't care what *you* are thinking about France.
I'm just afraid about of *your* moronic attitude and his possible
consequences for the rest of the world. It looks like Mr. John
Mellencamp have the same preoccupation than me

Concerning my potential inferiority complex, I cannot comment without
having seen you before ! )
Something else, I hate the censors. **** you !
LOL

Michael Mckelvy

wrote:

[...]

For some real education study what has happened here after every major tax
cut. While the left bitches that tax cuts for everybody benefit the rich
most, what happens is they wind up paying more taxes because they spend
more.

Hint: start with the 1920's.

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Michael Mckelvy

"Lionel" wrote in message
Michael Mckelvy wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1499&e=15&u=/launch/214927

No Micheal Mellecamp doesn't means what you read.
He clearly explains that America is becoming "The Country of morons"...
You are the living proof of this mutation.

An opinon you get to have.

Michael Mckelvy

"Lionel" wrote in message
Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"Lionel" wrote in message

Jacob Kramer wrote:

[...]

Better to let Sadaam keep killing innocents?
Most Americans don't think so.
The French governemnt was obviously to afraid of what we'd find there.

Michael Mckelvy

Nexus 6 said:

Prices in Manhattan are skyrocketing too.

Er, didn't they drop considerably a while back?

I dunno. They're at an all-time high now though, and by a considerable
margin. I just read that the average price of a home sale is just
under a mil, and the median price is over 600K.

Roughly the same here in Ventura county.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Nexus 6" wrote in message

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.
It was stagnating and drooping before that.
9-11 put a dent in travel and tourism, which has rebounded.
But, in the big picture, it is just the usual cyclic changes.
If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

'Cause you live in the DC area?

Real estate in the burbs there bears no relation to the rest
of the country.

There are particular reasons why this one particular
part of the suburbs did especially well.

But thinkgs are not that bad nationally, I remember previous recessions,
stagflations, etc.
Late 70.s late 60's early 90's

Daniel

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

If things are so bad, why has the value of my home gone
up 50% this year?

If you ever wanted to move to D.C., now is the time. Most of the
market is depressed.

Has it gone back to 1999 prices?