Trader

Default Car Amplifier Selection

I need to buy a 4 channel amplifier and want reliability and the best sound
possible. I will be buying a separate amp for a sub so the 4 channel amp
will be driving 2 sets of 4-way 6X9 speakers.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on the following brands?

Alphasonik
MTX
SoundStream
JLAudio
PhoenixGold

I currently have a Kenwood Excelon that I am installing in another car and
would like an upgrade for my truck.

Trader wrote:
I need to buy a 4 channel amplifier and want reliability and the best

sound
possible. I will be buying a separate amp for a sub so the 4 channel

amp
will be driving 2 sets of 4-way 6X9 speakers.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on the following brands?

Alphasonik
MTX
SoundStream
JLAudio
PhoenixGold

I currently have a Kenwood Excelon that I am installing in another

car and
would like an upgrade for my truck.

Dude! The best sound you can shaking the street is to build your own
studio
in your car. You need a recording equipment in your car because these
equipment
are not like a car stereo equipment you see in shop. For example, you
can install these recording equipment in your car:
100,000 Watts amplifier
10-way 60x90 spearks
1000 pound of subwooofers

Imagine you driving a big truck and delivers 100,000 watts power of
amplification. Man you will be winner of street audio competition
today!

Mr. Bigstuff

Right well good luck with all of that....I would recommend the soundstream,
phoenix gold or even a directed amp. Any of these will be better than the
kenwood excelon.
wrote in message
oups.com...

Trader wrote:
[...]

John Smith

Obviously he is intentionally verbosing in this "ignorant of english" manner
JUST to get our reactions and actually in a sick twisted way, laugh at those
who wisecrack at his replies.

Continual bantering back and forth with merely encourages him.

A pitiful individual.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Trader wrote:
[...]

MOSFET

"Trader" wrote in message
I need to buy a 4 channel amplifier and want reliability and the best

sound
possible. I will be buying a separate amp for a sub so the 4 channel amp
will be driving 2 sets of 4-way 6X9 speakers.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on the following brands?

Alphasonik
MTX
SoundStream
JLAudio
PhoenixGold

If you ask 10 of us this question, I'm afraid you will get 10 different
answers. Everyone has their favorite brands and I'm afraid it will be
difficult to reach any kind of concensus on a question like that (it's a
little like asking what the best color is).

Actually, all of those manufactureres make really good amps.

MOSFET

mightymouse68

I agree with MOSFET wholeheartedly. I have a 7 year old 4 X 50 Crunch
amp and even it is pretty good. You should keep in mind that even
within a particular brand you can have several lines of varying quality
amps.

Tony F

MOSFET wrote: "Actually, all of those manufactureres make really good amps."

Exactly. Choose the one that has the features you need. Looks, size,
cooling fans, xovers, bass control, power output, etc.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

I have had good luck with Hifonics amps. And I abuse mine on a regular
basis.

ZoSo

Wow, Alphasonik (Visonik to us old dudes) that brings back memories. I have
a couple of their amps that are still going strong after several vehicles
and almost 20 years. Their big amp only put out 55 watts per ch then but
they built them to last. I don't think you could go too wrong with any of
the brands you listed. Check online and find the best deal for the power you
need.

Tony F wrote:
MOSFET wrote: "Actually, all of those manufactureres make really good

amps."

Exactly. Choose the one that has the features you need. Looks,

size,
cooling fans, xovers, bass control, power output, etc.

Tony

And which amp today does not come with bass control or power output?
Tell me any amp does not have power output?

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500

Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In

Front and
Focal 130HCs For Rear Fill, 2 Soundstream EXACT10s In Aperiodic

Enclosure

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

Dark1

wrote in message
ups.com...

John smith is not his name. This ******* is too tire of living so
he named afater john smith and started trolling and spamming..
i'm not good at trolling and spamming...

You're right on this one. You really are not any good at it..
doesn't seem to stop you though...

Mike

Careful with the new Alphasonik. they are NOT the same company as before,
not even close. The Alphasonik amps produced nowadays are made by the same
company that makes Anaba and Mobile Authority, not exactly an authority on
amplifiers. USA Acoustics used to own the trademark, but sold it to this
other company. Pre-2000 are still good, but after that, look for overrated
specs and everything else that goes with that territory. Too bad, they used
to be quite reputable.

"Trader" wrote in message
I need to buy a 4 channel amplifier and want reliability and the best

sound
possible. I will be buying a separate amp for a sub so the 4 channel amp
will be driving 2 sets of 4-way 6X9 speakers.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on the following brands?

Alphasonik
MTX
SoundStream
JLAudio
PhoenixGold

I currently have a Kenwood Excelon that I am installing in another car and
would like an upgrade for my truck.

I agree with the Alphasonic. Took a look at a couple and they appear
poorly made. Just my 2 cents.

Tony F wrote:
The amazingly moronic mmdir2002 said, "Tell me any amp does not have

power
output?"

Any amp does not have power output.

Tony

I know your dick does not have power output!

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500

Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In

Front and
Focal 130HCs For Rear Fill, 2 Soundstream EXACT10s In Aperiodic

Enclosure

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

Dark1 wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

John smith is not his name. This ******* is too tire of living so
he named afater john smith and started trolling and spamming..
i'm not good at trolling and spamming...

You're right on this one. You really are not any good at it..
doesn't seem to stop you though...

you better than me...

MOSFET

I know your dick does not have power output!

Ouch! He got you there, Tony. Zing!

trader

Thanks. I ended up buying the Xenon 100.4. I'll let you'll know how I
like it when it's finally installed.

Dark1

wrote in message
oups.com...

Tony F wrote:
The amazingly moronic mmdir2002 said, "Tell me any amp does not have

power
output?"

Any amp does not have power output.

Tony

I know your dick does not have power output!

stuck your tounge on it and checked, didn't ya?