Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] easyvishal@gmail.com is offline

Default Floor Model Subwoofer KRK - repair label on it

Hi-

I bought a KRK RP10s subwoofer monitor in December from Guitar
Center , a floor model that
I got for about 80 bucks off .

After I purchasing, I let it sit and didnt bother opening the box till
now, because I didnt have
space in my home studio for it then. I know, I should have opened it
up right when i got home.

Anyways, I opened it up yesterday and found that it has a sticker on
it that says,
'SOG needs to be repaired'..and some other cryptic numbers.
Along with that, the sub didnt come with a power cable, so I couldnt
even test it.

I talked to them and they said it would need special approval for
returning since not within 30 days.

My question is.. Does anybody know what that sticker means? Does
anybody know what
SOG could be referring to? I'm just thinking in case they say its
fine, even though it might
not be..

Thanks a lot

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Anyways, I opened it up yesterday and found that it has
a sticker on it that says, "SOG needs to be repaired" and
some cryptic numbers. Along with that, the sub didn't
come with a power cable, so I couldn't even test it.

I think you need to engage in some serious discussion with the store
manager.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John L Rice John L Rice is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Hi,

There are some possible definitions here but nothing seems very close,
unless they are refering to their own Special Operations Group:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOG

And you may very well want to go over to www.gearslutz.com and do a search
on "New flagship KRK E8B monitors" and then scroll down to almost the bottom
of the first page for a post by Autowow (or do a search on "Autowow"). He
works in tech support for KRK and seems eager to help people and turn around
the bad service reputation KRK has been getting recently.

Best of luck!

John L Rice

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Apr 11, 2:05 am, "John L Rice" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

John L Rice- Hide quoted text -

Guys,

Thanks a lot..
You guys were right, turns out its their own type of acronym for
something.

I took it back to GC and after one look they didn't even hesitate. He
goes 'thats definitely a repair ticket'. he went and talked to the
manager and exchanged for a new one.
so i gotta say GC came through.

I will check out gearslutz.com though, seems like I will need to find
out the
best way to integrate my yamaha hs50 monitors with this subwoofer,
settings wise.

once again, thanks

Vishal

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rsmith@bsstudios.com is offline

On Apr 11, 6:05 am, wrote:
On Apr 11, 2:05 am, "John L Rice" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Vishal- Hide quoted text -

You might want to look at some frequency response measurements I made
which can be found at:

http://www.bsstudios.com

and follow the link for the KRK RP10S

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John L Rice John L Rice is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi-

I bought a KRK RP10s subwoofer monitor in December from Guitar
Center , a floor model that
I got for about 80 bucks off .

You might want to look at some frequency response measurements I made
which can be found at:

http://www.bsstudios.com

and follow the link for the KRK RP10S

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com

Hi Bob,

How have you been? Did you get a copy of Celeste's new book yet? Let me
know and I'll make sure you do!
http://www.themusicalengineer.com/

John L Rice

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rsmith@bsstudios.com is offline

On Apr 11, 9:43 pm, "John L Rice" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi-

I bought a KRK RP10s subwoofer monitor in December from Guitar
Center , a floor model that
I got for about 80 bucks off .

You might want to look at some frequency response measurements I made
which can be found at:

http://www.bsstudios.com

and follow the link for the KRK RP10S

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com

Hi Bob,

How have you been? Did you get a copy of Celeste's new book yet? Let me
know and I'll make sure you do!http://www.themusicalengineer.com/

John L Rice- Hide quoted text -

Hello John,

I've been busy with the device audio work and doing some club
recordings for Starbucks Hot Java Cool Jazz series. If you're
interested I'll comp you a copy of one of the jazz dates. I'm still
hoping we can find a time to make some measurements in your studio. BS
Studios is going to expand into SoundSmith Labs for acoustic / audio
consulting and measurements.
Yes I did get a copy of Celeste's new book. Comprehensive
collection of various career paths in the audio business and the
photography came through well in BW, nice job John.

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos