Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Default In-dash HDD video?

Are there any in-dash video players that are HDD-based? Something with
a nice BIG hard drive that can be loaded up with tons of video?
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Sony has some HD based head units and I know a company called Empeg had one
with a 60 gig HD built in. But I don't believe anyone has yet created a HD
based dash mounted unit with screen and DVD capabilities.

I suppose they may figure that having DVD capability will give most people
enough audio/video storage. I mean, let's face it, you can put A LOT of
MP3's and MPG video on a DVD.

MOSFET

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
Are there any in-dash video players that are HDD-based? Something with a
nice BIG hard drive that can be loaded up with tons of video?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Luda Luda is offline

dont know about Video, but check out pioneers newest gadget, the
AVIC-Z!, 30GB hardrive, 10GB of it user accesible, for music it says...
but i dont see why it couldnt be hacked.

--
Luda
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Sony has some HD based head units and I know a company called Empeg had one
with a 60 gig HD built in. But I don't believe anyone has yet created a HD
based dash mounted unit with screen and DVD capabilities.

Yeah, I remember Empeg was building the first in-dash MP3 players, years
ago... couldn't remember the name though

I suppose they may figure that having DVD capability will give most people
enough audio/video storage. I mean, let's face it, you can put A LOT of
MP3's and MPG video on a DVD.

Well, this is something a buddy of mine is interested in... I suggested
a "carputer"... he was thinking of maybe a Mac Mini. He has an indash
DVD player right now, with A/V inputs, so I pointed out that he could
feed an iPod Video into it, but I think really he's looking for
something with more space - he's got a couple dozen DVDs as it is with
VCD-quality music videos, and just wants to get away from having all
those tons of discs floating around the car.

Audio for Video Shoot Frank Stearns Pro Audio 49 July 4th 06 05:42 PM
shielding rca/component video J Tech 12 February 6th 06 01:59 PM
Synching Audio and Video: Newby Music Promo Production [email protected] Pro Audio 14 August 7th 05 04:27 AM
Wordclock&SMPTE in Composer/Digital system Rob Reedijk Pro Audio 7 February 10th 05 03:12 PM
FS: 400 Closeouts!! Video Game, Computer, Mobile A/V, Personal A/V Nexxon Car Audio 0 April 30th 04 07:53 AM