Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Default My amplifiers got really hot today

My amplifiers got really hot today, it hit 93 degrees fahrenheit outside and
even with the 5% tint, I couldn't keep my hands on them and they weren't even
on all day, cheap crap LOL.
Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

they're doing their job then. just hope they're doing it as well as
they need to

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

I changed my setup the amps are right on top of the box. The amps got hot from
the sun, I didn't even run them today. Not sure if these amps were made to run
super cool or if I'm being just a wimp ass bitch with them but even after 2
hours of hammering my subs they just don't get hot. I can feel more heat in
the center of the sub cones then on the amps which is just a barely noticeable
temperature change from the coils.

Think cooling fans in an enclosure.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Phonedude

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
I changed my setup the amps are right on top of the box. The amps got hot
from
the sun, I didn't even run them today. Not sure if these amps were made to
run
super cool or if I'm being just a wimp ass bitch with them but even after
2
hours of hammering my subs they just don't get hot. I can feel more heat
in
the center of the sub cones then on the amps which is just a barely
noticeable
temperature change from the coils.

Ever notice when you get in your car that the steering wheel is too hot to
hold? That's all that's going on here -- it is pretty impressive though,
when you think about it, that the Sun can heat something to that temp from
over 90,000,000 miles away just by shining its light on it. Dat's a pretty
hot fire ya got there, don't ya think?

PD

Posted to rec.audio.car
Luda Luda is offline

I know my RF P8002 Gets hot as hell around here [Northern Virginia, it
gets near 100F some day] but ive never heard a decrease in performance,
and the amp has yet to go into thermal protect, although it did when i
get rid of my audiobahn and ran it for 30 minutes @ full tilt on a 10HZ
note, it didnt like that @ all, i couldnt even touch the thing.

--
Luda
Posted to rec.audio.car
JimJ[VT] JimJ[VT] is offline

My home monoblocks get extremely hot all the time...that's what a 20%
operating efficiency does

--
JimJ[VT]
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

that's what a 20%
operating efficiency does

And that's a good thing? Oh well, I guess if it sounds good.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

I know my RF P8002 Gets hot as hell around here [Northern Virginia, it
gets near 100F some day] but ive never heard a decrease in performance,
and the amp has yet to go into thermal protect, although it did when i
get rid of my audiobahn and ran it for 30 minutes @ full tilt on a 10HZ
note, it didnt like that @ all, i couldnt even touch the thing.

I dont think I ever had an amp that DIDN'T run hot when I'm pounding
em.. I've ran RF's in the past and I have Kickers now, they've ALL
shut down via thermal protection if I don't have fans on em. I run them
in pretty tight spaces though, but still, how can amps NOT run hot??

12v fans on ebay are really cheap, I use ones made for PC cases,
standard 80mm.. My amps wouldn't last 1/2 hour without shutting down
if I didn't have em. LED fans look cool too, not that you can see em
in my setup anyway..

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

you know i've never had a amp run hot. or even very warm.in 15 yrs.
of coarse i never run amps over 85% of max power. only an idiot would.
and then short periods of time.
i think you should call usa dept of consumer affairs.tell them you ran
amps high volume for hours in very hot weather n they got hot? ''wtf!
must be a defect in design.lol
you kids tear me up. lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

oh just so you know. i'd never use rf/kicker amps! lol
you a tool of advertising n price/proformance
ratio..... theres no connection in higher price better proformance.lol