TheBIessedDead

Default Help dealing with my wife.....

Hey all, its been ages since I've posted here... I used to post pretty
regularly under ..... But, I had my system ripped off, and
haven't had the finances to really get back into car audio in a while.

Ok, so here is my problem.... I have a real good suspicion that my wife is
planning to purchase a deck and maybe a cd changer for me for a Christmas gift.
She is planning on going to a small nearby city on the 20th with a good friend
of mine, who isn't very car audio savvy, and getting something there. I fear
she is going to go to Car Toys, and pay their crazy prices. I'm also afraid
that she will not get me what I want, and I will need to pretend that I love it
cause she's made such a great effort and all. The deck I want I can get on
MMxpress for 199.99, and has everything that I need right now. I fear she will
pay twice that at Car Toys, and possibly not even get what I want. I also
know she has looked at cd changers with the fm modulator thing so she wouldn't
have to get a deck at all. That I REALLY don't want, as I'd rather she just
buy me the deck.

My question is, how can I get my points across to her without letting on that I
kinda know what she's planning to get me, and without sounding like some sort
of a greedy prick. I just really hate to see her spend a ton of money at the
god forsaken Car Toys shop, when she could spend half as much online and make
me the happiest guy ever.

Any suggestions? I'm desperate. heh

Nick
Mark Zarella

Just tell her how you read that CarToys is being investigated for fraud.
"That's why I used to do all my business with mmxpress back when I was in
it."

If she still doesn't get it, then god help you...

"TheBIessedDead" wrote in message
[...]

Gmac

Mention to her that after the holidays are over and the bills are
cleaned up you want to get a deck from your car and you found a great
one @.....

--
Gmac

TheBIessedDead

Just tell her how you read that CarToys is being investigated for fraud.
"That's why I used to do all my business with mmxpress back when I was in
it."

If she still doesn't get it, then god help you...

Hmmm...Is this true about Car Toys? That would be a good bit of info...I might
have to try that.

TheBIessedDead

Mention to her that after the holidays are over and the bills are
cleaned up you want to get a deck from your car and you found a great
one @.....

Hmmm.... Not a bad idea at all. Though, I am a bit nervous of bringing up the
subject. I used to spend countless hours looking up car audio info online, and
babbling endlessly about it to her whenever she would listen... But in the past
year or so, I've been very far from it. So I'm concerned about her catching on
if I suddenly bring it up. This really sucks. heh
TheBIessedDead

You never know, she might get you a car alarm.

Nah, I know she was looking at decks and changers.....

I'm assuming this is in reference to my **** being stolen, but I had an alarm
when it was stolen. Had my system in my S-10 with an alarm for almost 2 years,
and the FIRST time I forget to turn on my alarm, I get nailed. That was one of
the worst days of my life. heh
Perry

"Gmac" wrote in message

Mention to her that after the holidays are over and the bills are
cleaned up you want to get a deck from your car and you found a great
one @.....

--
Gmac

Yep, that is exactly what I would do.

narcolept

See kids? This is what happens when naive people believe they will never get
ripped off, so they don't take their reciepts and walk their asses down to
see the friendly neighborhood insurance agent and get a rider on their
policy covering all audio gear for an extra 2-5 dollars a month.

narcolept
-----
If his wife buys him crap, count on this guy learning his lesson twice over.

[...]

TheBIessedDead

See kids? This is what happens when naive people believe they will never get
ripped off, so they don't take their reciepts and walk their asses down to
see the friendly neighborhood insurance agent and get a rider on their
policy covering all audio gear for an extra 2-5 dollars a month.

narcolept
-----
If his wife buys him crap, count on this guy learning his lesson twice over.

Insuring my audio gear? *Gasp* Why didn't I think of that? There is a big
difference between being naive, and simply living with the risk. I looked into
getting my stuff insured, but it was more than 5 dollars a month, and in this
small town I slept well enough at night with simply an alarm. Had I armed my
alarm as I always did, I would most likely still have my system.

But of course, that is all pretty moot, since the reason for my post was not
to cry about my stuff being stolen, but rather to ask advice on how to deal
with my wife. Also, I have no doubt in her ability to pick out a decent
deck... But I cringe at the thought of her paying Car Toys prices for it.

Nick

Apparently it is trendy to include a witty comment after the signature, but I'm
just drawing a blank.

sancho

My question is, how can I get my points across to her

gimme her address, i'll mail her a copy of your post...

or you could just grow a godamned sac and talk to her about this instead of
us...
--
sancho
you deserve the ass****ing if you don't...

TheBIessedDead

gimme her address, i'll mail her a copy of your post...

or you could just grow a godamned sac and talk to her about this instead of
us...
--
sancho
you deserve the ass****ing if you don't...

Boy, what a pleasant bunch that has moved in here in my abscence.

Nick

I ask a fairly simple question, and this guy thinks of "ass****ing". Hmmmm...
narcolept

"TheBIessedDead" wrote in message
gimme her address, i'll mail her a copy of your post...

or you could just grow a godamned sac and talk to her about this instead

of
us...
--
sancho
you deserve the ass****ing if you don't...

Boy, what a pleasant bunch that has moved in here in my abscence.

Nick

I ask a fairly simple question, and this guy thinks of "ass****ing".

Hmmmm...

hey, assnugget. This bunch was here long before you and will be here long
after you

narcolept
-----
can't even attempt to play the "oldschool" card on me or sancho.

TheBIessedDead

hey, assnugget.

Can't compete with that amazing retort.

This bunch was here long before you and will be here long
after you

Not that it is a competition, but I really don't recall either one of your
pleasant personalities from when I frequented this group a few years ago.

Nick

If I wanted to get into a meaningless online fight, I'd go into a teen chat.
narcolept

"TheBIessedDead" wrote in message

hey, assnugget.

Can't compete with that amazing retort.

This bunch was here long before you and will be here long
after you

Not that it is a competition, but I really don't recall either one of your
pleasant personalities from when I frequented this group a few years ago.

Nick

If I wanted to get into a meaningless online fight, I'd go into a teen

chat.

You probably don't remember either of us from a "few years ago" because
several of us gave it up for a while. However, you're dealing with two
legends of r.a.c, but I'm done with you. Hope your wife spends 1k and gets a
date with the counter idiot at cartoys while she's there, I'm just gonna let
sancho have you now.

narcolept
-----
since you'll feel left out if I don't say something revolving an ass and
your head, I'm not going to.

TheBIessedDead

You probably don't remember either of us from a "few years ago" because
several of us gave it up for a while. However, you're dealing with two
legends of r.a.c, but I'm done with you. Hope your wife spends 1k and gets a
date with the counter idiot at cartoys while she's there,

Wow, I had no idea I was dealing with two legends!! I guess I should have
thought twice about posting a friendly question in the presence of two legends
like yourselves. I am truly in awe that a legend would choose to reply to my
lowly post.

Now that I am through with the sarcasm, your self proclaimed legend status does
little to make up for your childish responses to my question. If you don't like
the question, don't respond. It is as simple as that. I would have thought an
"old schooler" like yourself would have come to grips with that already.

I'm just gonna let
sancho have you now.

Considering Sancho's fascination with ass sex, I don't find that a very
appealing thought.
DJ TecThreat

I think what you should do is print out some docs on the deck you want and
go sit and look at them.. let her see you with them.. then just leave them
somewhere, like on the coffee table or something.. make sure it has all
kinds of details including price and where she can buy it.. If you are
really desperate, drop a few comments about car audio before and after the
whole docs thing.

my girlfriend is very educated with car audio. And prices for that matter..
So i wouldnt have to do something like this, but some of you guys might.
considering not all women share the passion we have for 12volt electronics.

Just Some thoughts
DJ TecThreat
The Real Threat

[...]

Eddie Runner

have you seen http://www.teamrocs.com/crap/newbie.htm

???

Sancho was here way before you were...

TheBIessedDead wrote:

gimme her address, i'll mail her a copy of your post...

or you could just grow a godamned sac and talk to her about this instead of
us...
--
sancho
you deserve the ass****ing if you don't...

Boy, what a pleasant bunch that has moved in here in my abscence.

Nick

I ask a fairly simple question, and this guy thinks of "ass****ing". Hmmmm...

Eddie Runner

it was (IS) one of the questions of all eternity...
"why is Sancho mean to me?"

you can hear the original version at
http://www.teamrocs.com/crap/newbie.htm

You may not like him or what he has to tell you but he is right!
If you would get the balls and talk to your wife there wouldnt
be an issue...

Guys like you make guys look bad...

Eddie

TheBIessedDead wrote:

[...]

Greg

This is what you need to do....
Find a print ad of the deck you want and tear it out, then you strategically
place it in her latest issue of LOOK magazine. But whatever you do, don't
tell her you want Tinkertoys or a football.
"You'll blow your eardrums out"

If you didn't get the christmas story reference, I was just kidding.

I deal with this every year, I am very particular with my purchases and
where they are purchased. For a few years i would wait it out to see what
they got me, but I always ended up having to return something and hurt
somebody's feelings. So I decided to be proactive and when they ask me for a
list, I give them the list of all lists with Model #'s, Prices, retailers.
I know it takes out the element of suprise, but clarity up front saves
holiday headaches after christmas.

"DJ TecThreat" beaniATcharterDOTnet wrote in message
[...]

TheBIessedDead

it was (IS) one of the questions of all eternity...
"why is Sancho mean to me?"

Believe me, I can more than handle a reg being "mean" to us newbies. I'm not
the sort to cry over it. But my post wasn't a "Dood, tell me what brand is the
best" Or "My system rules,you can hear it five blocks away!!!" or even "I have
a cheap deck, no high end sound at all, but 8 15" woofers in my trunk... can I
compete in a competition??".... I simply was looking for some advice from other
married car audio fans.

And I really doubt the "Just talk to her about it" logic. Considering that
that would give away the fact that I know what she is getting me, and undermind
her intentions of surprising me with something I'd really love.

Nick
TheBIessedDead

have you seen http://www.teamrocs.com/crap/newbie.htm

???

Sancho was here way before you were...

None of my posts were to imply that I was here first. I simply commented that
when I came around here, I never had responses such as those. I have NEVER
pretended to be a savvy vet around here, even when I was here all the time.

Nick
Eddie Runner

being married is a delima!
I have been married since 1976 and it is definatly a challenge
but at the same time quite satisfying.

We argue about woofer equasions and technical jargon on
this newsgroup and none of them are anything like the problems
of a relationship with a woman...

Good luck!
(these guys are just fkin with ya!)

TheBIessedDead wrote:

it was (IS) one of the questions of all eternity...
"why is Sancho mean to me?"

Believe me, I can more than handle a reg being "mean" to us newbies. I'm not
the sort to cry over it. But my post wasn't a "Dood, tell me what brand is the
best" Or "My system rules,you can hear it five blocks away!!!" or even "I have
a cheap deck, no high end sound at all, but 8 15" woofers in my trunk... can I
compete in a competition??".... I simply was looking for some advice from other
married car audio fans.

And I really doubt the "Just talk to her about it" logic. Considering that
that would give away the fact that I know what she is getting me, and undermind
her intentions of surprising me with something I'd really love.

Nick

TheBIessedDead

being married is a delima!
I have been married since 1976 and it is definatly a challenge
but at the same time quite satisfying.

Yikes! I'm having a hard enough time in my second year.

The thought that she is buying me car audio just rules though.. Considering
that last year she got me a foot bath/massager. haha.

Nick
Greg

You could do a custom install of the foot Bath massager into your vehicle.
Just set it on cruise, kick off you shoes and let the bubble tickle you into
wonderland.

Just curious, where are you at? I have never heard of MMexpress or Cartoys
And what type of head unit are you looking at?

"TheBIessedDead" wrote in message
being married is a delima!
I have been married since 1976 and it is definatly a challenge
but at the same time quite satisfying.

Yikes! I'm having a hard enough time in my second year.

The thought that she is buying me car audio just rules though..

Considering
that last year she got me a foot bath/massager. haha.

Nick

TheBIessedDead

You could do a custom install of the foot Bath massager into your vehicle.
Just set it on cruise, kick off you shoes and let the bubble tickle you into
wonderland.

Hmmm....Never thought of that. That would sure make those long trips with my
two year old son more tolerable.

Just curious, where are you at? I have never heard of MMexpress or Cartoys
And what type of head unit are you looking at?

I am in Washington state. Car Toys is a chain car audio store...They have them
all over Washington, though I don't know how far spread they are. They are
just a typical over priced car audio store. MMxpress is an online
retailer.....Great prices and great customer service. I would definetely
reccomend them.

I'm pretty much decided on the Pioneer DEH-P750 MP. It has everything that I
want from a deck, and I've always liked Pioneer's decks.. and it is on sale at
MMxpress.

Nick
Sonoman

May be she is just going with your friend to another town so they don't get
caught having sex. So, don't get your hopes too high about the deck.

Sorry, it was too tempting!

[...]

TheBIessedDead

May be she is just going with your friend to another town so they don't get
caught having sex. So, don't get your hopes too high about the deck.

Sorry, it was too tempting!

If it wasn't my best friend of 16 years, I might be concerned about the same
thing.

And, if she's going to go out of town to bang my friend, she had damn sure
better come back with a high end deck and a couple of IDMax 12's as well!

Anyone heard those by the way? I'm thinking a 2 ohm IDMax 12 would go great
with my Autotek XS 1500.1 amp that I've had sitting for the past year.

Nick

Nick

Greg

Looks like a nice deck. Good move getting one that is XM ready. You could
ask for that for Arbor Day. I too had my system stolen. the jerks cut my
monster cables to my Infinity Basslink and cracked the wire going to my 12
disk changer, but my insurance covered it. i got the JVC KDLH1000. I have
been very happy with it, but the XM expandability would be nice

Greg

[...]

TheBIessedDead

Looks like a nice deck. Good move getting one that is XM ready. You could
ask for that for Arbor Day. I too had my system stolen. the jerks cut my
monster cables to my Infinity Basslink and cracked the wire going to my 12
disk changer, but my insurance covered it. i got the JVC KDLH1000. I have
been very happy with it, but the XM expandability would be nice

Greg

Well, honestly I have little interest in XM right now. If it were up to me, I
would never listen to the radio. Though with the tape deck in my car right
now, I find myself listening to it alot. I own enough cds to keep my ears
pleased for the most part.

Yes, having your stuff stolen is a horrible experience. I really wish someday
that I could come across the idiots that did it. THey broke my window right
in, stole my Pioneer DEH P5200 (I believe it was, it was about 2 years ago and
I don't totally recall), and my box with a single RF HX2 12. It was ridiculous
because I also had an Autotek XS 1500.1 which is worth more than either of
those two items, and a Pioneer voice activated CD changer, which I also paid a
pretty penny for. Plus a smaller Sony amp... the fact that they only took the
deck and box was almost insulting. I was quite relieved though.

But, I got married and had a kid shortly there after, so I wasn't really in a
finanical position to start building a new system. I still have my Autotek amp,
and an MTX amp that I've been saving... So once I get a deck I'm well on my
way. My brother has my cd changer, so I'll get that back from him.. and I may
even buy his Hifonics 5 channel amp, and IDQ 12 off of him, since he is going
to Korea for a year and sold off his car. I can't wait to be rockin in my car
again soon!!

Nick
Scott Gardner

On 09 Dec 2003 21:37:55 GMT, (TheBIessedDead)
wrote:

[...]

I know what you mean. Back in 1993, I had a deck and in-dash EQ
stolen. The deck was a Kenwood KDC-9000, and the EQ was the KGC-9042.
Pretty nice stuff at the time. Anyway, they broke the trim ring for
the deck getting it out, and tore out the whole console to take the
EQ. It also looked like they took a chain saw to the dash to get the
deck out. I almost wish that whoever stole it appreciated what he was
taking, but it was probably sold within the hour for some beer and
weed money.

Scott Gardner

TheBIessedDead

Try XM, I hardly ever listen to CDs anymore Xm is awsome!
Sirius is darned good also....

Hmm... Well, my biggest concern is that 95% of what I listen to is metal....
Underground metal mostly, none of the crap I can hear on MTV... and I haven't
heard of an actual metal station on XM.

Also, is it subject to availability by area? I live in a somewhat remote
area....We just recently got broadband access out here.

Nick
Eddie Runner

you might be suprised, XM sure suprised me!

I like 70s rock but not the mainstream stuff like the
Eagles and Doobies, I prefer the stranger stuff like
Genisis, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, Frip, and so on.
Xm has several channels that keep me happy when I
never even expected them to touch that kind of stuff.

XM has a channel called boneyard which I thinkis
heavy metal... there are so many its hard to know em all.

Give it a listen
it sure suprised me!

TheBIessedDead wrote:

Try XM, I hardly ever listen to CDs anymore Xm is awsome!
Sirius is darned good also....

Hmm... Well, my biggest concern is that 95% of what I listen to is metal....
Underground metal mostly, none of the crap I can hear on MTV... and I haven't
heard of an actual metal station on XM.

Also, is it subject to availability by area? I live in a somewhat remote
area....We just recently got broadband access out here.

Nick

news.verizon.net

I could send her a spam Email from us. :-)
Like SALE: (Whatever head unit ya want)
Just give me her email address (in private) if ya want me to do that.
:-)

--
John Spagnolo - teamROCS #016
Multi Media Xpress Car Audio www.mmxpress.com

[...]

TheBIessedDead

I could send her a spam Email from us. :-)
Like SALE: (Whatever head unit ya want)
Just give me her email address (in private) if ya want me to do that.
:-)

Haha Thats not a half bad idea. I called my brother today and he looked up the
DEH P750MP and the 850MP at your site.. So he's going to talk to her and tell
her that she should get a deck from you guys, and show her a few that I want.

My brother has the 850, and I really love that deck. Though, for the extra 150
bucks or whatever, she could get me a decent component set to put in my doors
until I can afford something better. I was eyeing those MB Quarts that are
your deal of the week.

Nick