Posted to rec.audio.car
Azm

Default Connecting IPOD 2006 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Without Dynaudio

Any one have any suggestions on best method to connect IPOD to factory
installed stereo? I dont have a CD changer and hated the quality of
the FM connection.

TYIA

Alan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Azm Azm is offline

Hey John,

Its a 2006 Volkswagen Passsat and the factory stereo RCD 300.

thanx,

Alan

Azm wrote:
Any one have any suggestions on best method to connect IPOD to factory
installed stereo? I dont have a CD changer and hated the quality of
the FM connection.

TYIA

Alan

Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

There are definitely adapters made for that application... we have one
for VW in our Essentials line that should work with an '06 Passat,
although I couldn't find it on our web site. Other brands also offer
this kind of adapter. They basically plug into the back of the stock HU
and port the audio directly into it, and also allow control of the iPod
from the HU controls. On-screen text support depends on the HU
functionality. Low end of the spectrum the iPod appears like a CD
changer with playlists appearing as disc # and at the high end of the
spectrum you get artist & title info on the HU display.

JD

Azm wrote:

Any one have any suggestions on best method to connect IPOD to factory
installed stereo? I dont have a CD changer and hated the quality of
the FM connection.

TYIA

Alan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Azm Azm is offline

Whats the web site John?

Azm wrote:

Any one have any suggestions on best method to connect IPOD to factory
installed stereo? I dont have a CD changer and hated the quality of
the FM connection.

TYIA

Alan

Posted to rec.audio.car