Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Advice on 6x9 3 way speakers

Hi All,

I want to replace my factory speakers on my Grand prix, and I was
wondering what is the best 3-way speaker out there today? There is no
price limit. Is one brand better than the next?

I am thinking about purchasing from the MTX brand. Are they good? Or do
you think I should go for JBL, or Infinity?

I want the best. Top of the line.

Also, while I am on the subject, what do you people think is better...
1 15 inch sub OR
2 12 inch subs

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Posted to rec.audio.car
Phillip Devoll

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I want to replace my factory speakers on my Grand prix, and I was
wondering what is the best 3-way speaker out there today? There is no
price limit. Is one brand better than the next?

I am thinking about purchasing from the MTX brand. Are they good? Or do
you think I should go for JBL, or Infinity?

I want the best. Top of the line.

Also, while I am on the subject, what do you people think is better...
1 15 inch sub OR
2 12 inch subs

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Goto a car stereo store and listen i personaly have 2 pair front and rear
jbl speaker 4 X 6 and 2 X 12" punch subs but go listen when i purchased my
subs i actually had every thing else in the truck \including amps and took
the subs and cabinet and put them in my truck and listened to them....
and they kick hard and sounded great...

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

MTX, JBL, and Infinity are all great brands. I don't think you could go
wrong with any of those three. As was said, it is always best to listen
yourself with your type of music first.

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I want to replace my factory speakers on my Grand prix, and I was
wondering what is the best 3-way speaker out there today? There is no
price limit. Is one brand better than the next?

I am thinking about purchasing from the MTX brand. Are they good? Or do
you think I should go for JBL, or Infinity?

I want the best. Top of the line.

Also, while I am on the subject, what do you people think is better...
1 15 inch sub OR
2 12 inch subs

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

theres only 3 great 6x9s. earthquake, kicker, jvc....
next cerwin vega, polk, infinity.....
next alpine, visonik,sony....
everything else.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

pioneer/kenwood/sony/jvc i put about equal. but i choose the better 2
from the 4.just my opinion.
audiobahn too.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Then you must have never listened to any of the Pioneer line. I am specially
fond of the Pioneer 6x9 4 way's. Now I see they even have a 5-way. I can not
believe the bass the 4-ways are capable of when placed in the stock rear
window area of an '80 Firebird which utilizes the trunk space as an
enclosure and just a high power head unit hooked up.