Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] CFonville@gmail.com is offline

Default Lower radio volume with radar detector alert?

I have a cheap Whistler radar detector that only uses various color
LEDs to show alerts and is impossible to see during the day. I also
have a JVC KD-G400 CD player which has a feature that will turn down
the volume (the display reads "ATT" and I know it's short for something
but I can't remember). What I'd like to do is have that silent
function turn on whenever radar is detected and then turn back to the
regular volume after that. I think it would be easiest to use a
transistor wired to the LED that lights whenever radar is detected.
However, I would need to (probably) open the CD player and find that
point that would turn on the "Att." feature. Anyone have any idea
about this, or any better ideas? Thanks for any help,
Chris