Randy and Michelle

Default Any Legacy Speakers Owners out there?

I am currently considering the Legacy Classics. My room is about 20' by 25'
with vaulted ceilings. My equipment is a Rotel 1090 amp(380 watts per
channel) with a rotel pre-amp and cd player. I need some opinion on the
sound of these speakers. My biggest concern is a tight bass. Does anyone
know how these speakers compare to the Paradigm Studio 100's(any version) or
the PSB Stratus Gold? Any opinion on these speakers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Randy

jrhslick

"Randy and Michelle" wrote in message
I am currently considering the Legacy Classics.

(cut)

Thanks
Randy

We own the Legacy Focus. They are great musically but I also use them for
Home theater and needed (wanted) a little more oomph. I bought the Legacy
LFXtreme sub (found it on Audiogon for a real bargain). I have no expierence
with the Legacy Classics but if they are anything close to the Focus, you
will be wondering why you waited so long to get them!
If you need any information, Call Chris at Legacy. He is a real wealth of
knowledge.

John & Vicki - Austin, TX
Michael

Randy and Michelle wrote:
I am currently considering the Legacy Classics. My room is about 20' by=

25'=20
with vaulted ceilings. My equipment is a Rotel 1090 amp(380 watts per=20
channel) with a rotel pre-amp and cd player. I need some opinion on the=

=20
sound of these speakers. My biggest concern is a tight bass. Does anyon=

e=20
know how these speakers compare to the Paradigm Studio 100's(any versio=

n) or=20
the PSB Stratus Gold? Any opinion on these speakers would be greatly=20
appreciated.
=20
Thanks
Randy=20
=20

Hello, Randy.

I had a pair of Classics in my great room for a while, but quickly=20
noticed that they were underperforming. While they sounded wonderful in=20
the store, they did not pack enough punch to fill my room. Eventually,=20
I went with two pairs of Cerwin Vega E-715s, and all of my problems are=20
solved. For reference, my room size is 80'x40'. The Classics are now=20
in a guest room--which is about 10=92x15=92--and doing quite well in ther=
e.

Michael
Rick

I currently own a pair of the Legacy Sig III's. They have a similar sound as
the classic's, but the bass is deeper and tighter. My room is about the same
size as your's, and the Sig III's fill it up very nicely. If you can stretch
your budget I'd go for them. I have listened to the Paradigm's and the
PSB's. IMHO the the Legacy's (Classic or Sig III) blows them away. Legacy is
one of the best bang for the buck speakers around. Give them a call, they
are great peoplle to deal with.

Rick
"Randy and Michelle" wrote in message
I am currently considering the Legacy Classics. My room is about 20' by 25'
with vaulted ceilings. My equipment is a Rotel 1090 amp(380 watts per
channel) with a rotel pre-amp and cd player. I need some opinion on the
sound of these speakers. My biggest concern is a tight bass. Does anyone
know how these speakers compare to the Paradigm Studio 100's(any version)
or
the PSB Stratus Gold? Any opinion on these speakers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Randy

Jason Kau

Randy and Michelle wrote:
I am currently considering the Legacy Classics. My room is about 20' by 25'
with vaulted ceilings. My equipment is a Rotel 1090 amp(380 watts per
channel) with a rotel pre-amp and cd player. I need some opinion on the
sound of these speakers. My biggest concern is a tight bass. Does anyone
know how these speakers compare to the Paradigm Studio 100's(any version) or
the PSB Stratus Gold? Any opinion on these speakers would be greatly
appreciated.

Speakers are largely a matter of preference and thus you should listen
yourself. I auditioned the 100v2s, Classics, and PSB Stratus Gold extensively.

Of the three, I prefered the PSB Stratus Gold, thought the Studio v100v2 was
the most neutral and the best value (since it could be had in a cheap laminate,
I don't think that's true with the v3) and that the Legacy Classic was the most
"colored".

--
Jason Kau
IS FOR EMAIL

Andrew Dillon

I have a room roughly 20x25, non vaulted, and am using a pair of Legacy Sig
III's driven by a BAT VK500 -- there is definitely no problem filling the
room, but even better, the system sounds great at low volumes, which is
generally how I listen. I used the same set up in a smaller room before and
needed to tone down the bass with one of the controls on the rear to avoid
boom but not now. Speakers are 6ft from sides and about 5 from rear
(roughly) and I listen happily to vinyl and digital. I think the bass is a
little richer than some speakers, but much depends on the source material.

Visitors usually remark how controlled the bass sounds with these so it
really pays to hear for yourself - not easy with speakers since even the
very supportive return policy of Legacy means you have to manipulate these
large speakers into boxes to ship back. I listened (in shops) to Legacy
Classics, Sig 3's and Focus, PSB Stratus Silver and Golds, Thiel 2.3's and
some other pair that eludes me right now (probably Mordaunt Short) before
settling on the Sig 3s. I had an issue with the first delivery which Legacy
resolved painlessly for me by shipping another pair (after some tests in my
house) and arranging for all shipping etc.) so I am quite supportive of the
company.

The strengths of Legacy, for me, are the mid-range. Their reproduction of
voices is superb -- I just wish they were not so big!