soinie

Default Ideal Speaker Stand Design

I'm interested in speaker stand design and was wondering if there is a
design that is considered ideal for bringing out the best in a pair of
speakers; height, materials, configuration, etc... I've seen a number
of designs but am not sure what is considered optimal. Thanks.

soinie Mar 13, 10:50 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
From: soinie - Find messages by this author
Date: 13 Mar 2005 18:50:32 GMT
Subject: Ideal Speaker Stand Design

I'm interested in speaker stand design and was wondering if there is a

design that is considered ideal for bringing out the best in a pair of

speakers; height, materials, configuration, etc... I've seen a number

of designs but am not sure what is considered optimal. Thanks.

As long as you get the height correct nothing else matters, except
that they be capable of supporting the weight of the speakers.

I've seen home brew stands made from sand filled PVC pipe that work
just as well as anything you can find in the most expensive audio
boutique store.
Gene Poon

soinie wrote:

I'm interested in speaker stand design and was wondering if there is a
design that is considered ideal for bringing out the best in a pair of
speakers; height, materials, configuration, etc... I've seen a number
of designs but am not sure what is considered optimal. Thanks.

Without knowing what speakers are being used with the stands, this
question cannot be answered, because the first parameter, optimal
height, will vary depending on the size, type and construction of the
speakers.