indiancurry indiancurry is offline
Junior Member

Default Stereo & home theater

I am quite new at audio, but presently I have a Sansui RX711 integrated amp fixed to a pair of Infinity Renaissance 80 speakers. I have a Denon CD player which I quite like the effect & the sound.

However, recently I picked up a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers going cheap. With a view of doing a home theatre in future, I want to check up on a couple of things.

1. I would change my stereo set up to have the Sansui amp connected to the Paradigm speakers. This is simple.

2. If I were to buy a new AV receiver, I would like to connect the Paradigm speakers & the 2 Infinity speakers, plus a center speaker (to be bought) to an already idle AR powered subwoofer to the AV receiver. The visual would be supplied by my Grundig digital 29 inch TV.

Is the above ideal? Would there be any sound muddying or loss of signal as a result of Paradigm speakers being connected simultaneously to an amp & an AV receiver?