Raja Abdul Razak

Default oracle alexandria mk. II questions

I just upgraded from a Rega Planar 3/RB 300 to a used but perfectly
working Oracle Alexandria Mk. II with the Alphason HR-100S tonearm
rewired with Van den Hul.

1. Is there anywhere I can download a copy of the manual? The Oracle
website does not have one.

2. When I switch on the main power, the turntable automatically starts
up at 45rpm, as if by default. I'd rather the turntable start up only
when I press either the 33 or 45 rpm touch controls. Besides, you are
supposed to gently give the platter a spin, using your hand, before
starting it up,or so I was told. Helps lengthen belt life, I think.

3. Neither my amp or phono stage has an earth. How do I ground the
turntable?

4. The Alex comes with something called a Dynamic Isolator. I don't know
what it is or what it does.

Other than that, I'm very happy with my Alex. I think it is the perfect
and natural step upwards from a Rega 3.

Thanks.

raz,
malaysia

--
In love, one always begins by deceiving oneself, and one always ends by
deceiving others, that is what the world calls romance. – Oscar Wilde

Raja Abdul Razak wrote:
I just upgraded from a Rega Planar 3/RB 300 to a used but perfectly
working Oracle Alexandria Mk. II with the Alphason HR-100S tonearm
rewired with Van den Hul.

Nice upgrade.

1. Is there anywhere I can download a copy of the manual? The Oracle
website does not have one.

2. When I switch on the main power, the turntable automatically

starts
up at 45rpm, as if by default. I'd rather the turntable start up only
when I press either the 33 or 45 rpm touch controls. Besides, you are
supposed to gently give the platter a spin, using your hand, before
starting it up,or so I was told. Helps lengthen belt life, I think.

3. Neither my amp or phono stage has an earth. How do I ground the
turntable?

Attatch the ground wire to any screw on the chasis of your phono stage.

4. The Alex comes with something called a Dynamic Isolator. I don't

know
what it is or what it does.

What does it look like?

Other than that, I'm very happy with my Alex. I think it is the

perfect
and natural step upwards from a Rega 3.

Thanks.

raz,
malaysia

--
In love, one always begins by deceiving oneself, and one always ends

by
deceiving others, that is what the world calls romance. - Oscar

Wilde
Ralph Heidecke

it's basically a large capacitor in a plastic box. The idea was to provide a
reservoir to the power supply. The Delphi and Alexandra Mark I's were
thought to loose some image stability in some cases. Personally I never
could make out much of a difference.