Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Examples of Remixing

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is fine! I enjoy remixing popular songs, just to see if I can make my (stereo) mixes more interesting than the original! High quality is my middle name!

Boston - Peace Of Mind
Many '70's+ songs were mixed near monophonic. Yuck! Lazy people at work!
Nice to hear the stereo guitars during the bridge. I gave it an acoustic guitar sound/feel. About 12 bars of repeated stuff at the end. Sort of strange. I think it sounds wonderful! Made In The USA - with Pride! See what you think!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...eaceofmind.mp3

The Beatles - In My Life
You can center the vocals, but the percussion track is mutilated some. I'm not sure what the odd pieces of guitar work are in this stereo mix. May be filler! Don't ask!!! I like hearing Ringo's bass drum...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...inmylife-r.mp3

Criticism welcome!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, February 22, 2015 at 4:50:24 PM UTC-5, JackA wrote:
[...]

I know others will not agree, but speakers offer better detection of both polarity and phasing issues than headphones, with stereophonic mixes. This, obliviously, was reconstructed for the purpose of stereophonic sound. I hoped to get input from the UK producer, Mike Hurst, but, like many music related sites, his e-mail is no longer functioning! Lots of overdubbing!!..

Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (1968)...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ightyquinn.mp3

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[...]

And if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you'll want to hear the COMPLETE Paint It Black song, not something that others felt it wasn't worth publishing...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ntblack-rm.mp3

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 27/02/2015 03:26, JackA wrote:

And if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you'll want to hear the COMPLETE Paint It Black song, not something that others felt it wasn't worth publishing...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ntblack-rm.mp3

No. What I *want* to hear is the Stones doing it live. Any recording of
a song I've heard live is only an aide memoire to the original performance.

And I'll stick to the originally released 60's version without the
pumping compression on the drums and all the other horribly audible
artifacts of your featured remix when I listen to a recording, thanks.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Sounds like Muppets doing Stones.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 4:28:07 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 27/02/2015 03:26, JackA wrote:

And if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you'll want to hear the COMPLETE Paint It Black song, not something that others felt it wasn't worth publishing...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ntblack-rm.mp3

No. What I *want* to hear is the Stones doing it live. Any recording of
a song I've heard live is only an aide memoire to the original performance.

And I'll stick to the originally released 60's version without the
pumping compression on the drums and all the other horribly audible
artifacts of your featured remix when I listen to a recording, thanks.

http://scienceblogs.com/omnibrain/wp...aby%20Yawn.jpg

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 6:30:01 AM UTC-5, Luxey wrote:
Sounds like Muppets doing Stones.

I'm not sure this can shift humanoids out of phase!...
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/phas..._betabugsaudio

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 8:54:58 AM UTC-5, JackA wrote:
On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 6:30:01 AM UTC-5, Luxey wrote:
Sounds like Muppets doing Stones.

I'm not sure this can shift humanoids out of phase!...
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/phas..._betabugsaudio

Jack

you know it's really hard to get a 90 (or whatever except 180) degress phase shift across a wide range of frequencies.

Hilbert

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 9:05:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 8:54:58 AM UTC-5, JackA wrote:
On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 6:30:01 AM UTC-5, Luxey wrote:
Sounds like Muppets doing Stones.

I'm not sure this can shift humanoids out of phase!...
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/phas..._betabugsaudio

Jack

you know it's really hard to get a 90 (or whatever except 180) degress phase shift across a wide range of frequencies.

Hilbert

Phasing issues do appear when attempting to construct stereo from non synced tape recorders (staged recordings). Reminds me of listening to shortwave radio!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Luxey wrote:

Sounds like Muppets doing Stones.

Will take your word for that, but thanks for that line. I only drop in
for the popcorn.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

you know it's really hard to get a 90 (or whatever except 180) degress
phase shift across a wide range of frequencies.

Hilbert

QFE

TrollBit implements a gate that works perfectly via their DNR Do Not
Reply algorithm.

Paul Stamler turned me onto this thing. That's not surface noise; it's
popcorn in the peanut gallery.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 26 Feb 2015, JackA wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

And if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you'll want to hear the
COMPLETE Paint It Black song, not something that others felt it
wasn't worth publishing...

"Look, Mommy, I made a doody, just like a real growup boy! Aren't you
proud of me!?!"
Posted to rec.audio.pro

hank alrich wrote: "On 26 Feb 2015, JackA wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

And if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you'll want to hear the
COMPLETE Paint It Black song, not something that others felt it
wasn't worth publishing...

"Look, Mommy, I made a doody, just like a real growup boy! Aren't you
proud of me!?!" "

Stop it, Hank, PLEASE....

enough already!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[...]

Some decades ago, American man took pride of his work and where he resided. Not only was he professional, but professional looking, too, in suits, tie, well groomed, clean shaven....

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm37496276...f_=ttmd_md_nxt

As the USA began to degrade into third-world, not only did the music sound poor, but Americans now looked like bums, nothing of professional value, forgot to shave, even needed girly help....

http://www.50undercover.com/site/wp-...ive-0-2t_3.jpg

Speaking of Hawaii Five-O, the theme was remixed in stereo [by Ron Furmanek]. Not that people would remember it enough to detect it, but I memorize stereo mixes. That's the key to successful remixing, knowing what was already available, and adding something fresh to the remix, exceeding the earlier stereo mix...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ventures50.mp3

Jack
p.s. If you're interested in hearing Herman's Hermit's remixed in true stereo, check out [soon to be published] Bear Family's [Germany] CD set.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 12:55:42 PM UTC-5, Nil wrote:
On 26 Feb 2015, JackA wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

And if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you'll want to hear the
COMPLETE Paint It Black song, not something that others felt it
wasn't worth publishing...

"Look, Mommy, I made a doody, just like a real growup boy! Aren't you
proud of me!?!"

Good ear, Nil. Yes, it is edited, forgive me. I shall soon replace. I'm sure even Hank would want to hear a successful artist.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 27 Feb 2015, wrote in rec.audio.pro:

Stop it, Hank, PLEASE....

enough already!

Up next: thekma... starring in "Clueless."
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 28/02/2015 8:11 a.m., JackA wrote:

Some decades ago, American man took pride of his work and where he
resided. Not only was he professional, but professional looking, too,
in suits, tie, well groomed, clean shaven....

Ah, back in the days when men were men, and some women were men too.

Jack p.s. If you're interested in hearing Herman's Hermit's remixed
in true stereo, check out [soon to be published] Bear Family's
[Germany] CD set.

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[...]

Both are these stereophonic remixes are slightly longer than what has been published! I'm not crazy about these mixes; they will do for now!

For the very first time, you get to hear a pinball machine at the end!...
The Who - Pinball Wizard (1969)
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ballwizard.mp3

Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger (1982)
For the very first time, you get to hear the overdubbed vocals end!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ofthetiger.mp3

You are welcome!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 28/02/2015 8:11 a.m., JackA wrote:

Some decades ago, American man took pride of his work and where he
resided. Not only was he professional, but professional looking, too,
in suits, tie, well groomed, clean shaven....

Ah, back in the days when men were men, and some women were men too.

Except Grace Slick who thinks women's liberation is goofy!!
See what your doorknob says!

Jack p.s. If you're interested in hearing Herman's Hermit's remixed
in true stereo, check out [soon to be published] Bear Family's
[Germany] CD set.

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

No! Learn your multi-tracks!!

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

JackA wrote:
On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

No! Learn your multi-tracks!!

No, he's right. Intensity stereo made from mixing mono tracks is not in
fact "true stereo" at all. I believe this is discussed in the FAQ.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 7:50:25 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
JackA wrote:
On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

No! Learn your multi-tracks!!

No, he's right. Intensity stereo made from mixing mono tracks is not in
fact "true stereo" at all. I believe this is discussed in the FAQ.

Oh, wow, all along I thought they mixed stereo tracks!

Don't be a disbeliever! Talk is cheap! Results are outstanding!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 01 Mar 2015, JackA wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Oh, wow, all along I thought they mixed stereo tracks!

Only when you use faked, processed internet tracks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 28/02/2015 8:11 a.m., JackA wrote:

Some decades ago, American man took pride of his work and where he
resided. Not only was he professional, but professional looking, too,
in suits, tie, well groomed, clean shaven....

Ah, back in the days when men were men, and some women were men too.

Jack p.s. If you're interested in hearing Herman's Hermit's remixed
in true stereo, check out [soon to be published] Bear Family's
[Germany] CD set.

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

Sure sounds like, at least, (3) independent tracks to me!!!..
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../kindahush.mp3

And that is not from the CD I'm talking about!

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 9:13:19 PM UTC-5, JackA wrote:
On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 28/02/2015 8:11 a.m., JackA wrote:

Some decades ago, American man took pride of his work and where he
resided. Not only was he professional, but professional looking, too,
in suits, tie, well groomed, clean shaven....

Ah, back in the days when men were men, and some women were men too.

Jack p.s. If you're interested in hearing Herman's Hermit's remixed
in true stereo, check out [soon to be published] Bear Family's
[Germany] CD set.

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

Sure sounds like, at least, (3) independent tracks to me!!!..

Corrected:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...indahush-s.mp3

And that is not from the CD I'm talking about!

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Nil" wrote in message
On 01 Mar 2015, JackA wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Oh, wow, all along I thought they mixed stereo tracks!

Only when you use faked, processed internet tracks.

Idiot exclamation points make mommy proud of the dookie, when you're a
sixty year old infant. Every turd gets at least one exclamation point.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 10:41:49 PM UTC-5, None wrote:
"Nil" wrote in message
On 01 Mar 2015, JackA wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Oh, wow, all along I thought they mixed stereo tracks!

Only when you use faked, processed internet tracks.

Idiot exclamation points make mommy proud of the dookie, when you're a
sixty year old infant. Every turd gets at least one exclamation point.

Psycho Killer (Talking Heads) remix up next!!
I like the line, "I hate people when they're not polite"!!!
Though Classic Rock plays no longer plays the song, it's more befitting today than yesterday!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

JackA wrote:
On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

No! Learn your multi-tracks!!

No, he's right. Intensity stereo made from mixing mono tracks is not in
fact "true stereo" at all. I believe this is discussed in the FAQ.

The end result was a stereo album. This is not True Stereo. Mostly the
source tracks were (and still are) mono, panned across a stereo
sound-stage, and maybe embellished by effects with stereo output.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Scott Dorsey:
JackA wrote:
On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 6:25:29 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:

No, not true stereo. You mean panned mono tracks.

No! Learn your multi-tracks!!

No, he's right. Intensity stereo made from mixing mono tracks is not in
fact "true stereo" at all. I believe this is discussed in the FAQ.

Unfortunately, what you believe and what the trolls want to believe, may
differ vastly.

Remixing Tip #2 JackA Pro Audio 24 February 18th 15 01:15 AM
What are the laws/rules on remixing music? [email protected] Pro Audio 3 May 15th 08 12:46 PM
Pro Tools problems and remixing - beginner Stevie1308808305 Pro Audio 2 November 10th 04 02:20 AM
MORE EXAMPLES OF BM's CONFUSION... HighEndAudio.com Marketplace 0 July 10th 03 08:34 PM