Stressmane

Default Macintosh And Protools for a budget Project Studio??

First, I'd like to State I'm not trying to spend over 1500 for a Mac hook up.
So, What should I look for in a Mac Hook up?? G4?? iMac?? G5?? And How much
should I expect to pay??

If your're wondering I plan to use a Digidesign M-Box and Protools LE
for Recording

Thanks in advance!
hank alrich

Stressmane wrote:

First, I'd like to State I'm not trying to spend over 1500 for a Mac hook up.
So, What should I look for in a Mac Hook up?? G4?? iMac?? G5?? And How much
should I expect to pay??

If your're wondering I plan to use a Digidesign M-Box and Protools LE
for Recording

Your first step is to learn which systems are supported by Digidesign
and select from those when searching for a used Mac. If you go too far
back, you'll also need a used M Box/PT setup.

--
ha
WillStG

(Stressmane)

First, I'd like to State I'm not trying to spend over 1500 for a Mac hook up.
So, What should I look for in a Mac Hook up?? G4?? iMac?? G5?? And How much
should I expect to pay??

If your're wondering I plan to use a Digidesign M-Box and Protools LE
for Recording

Thanks in advance!

The way I might think about it, the M-Box is about $450, if you have to
include that in your $1500 budget then you might like to consider a refurbished
Emac from the Apple store at $799 (eMac 1.25GHz/ 256MB/ 80GB/ SuperDrive/ E/
56K), and you'd have maybe a couple hundred left over for more ram and a mic.
You'd burn CD's on the superdrive to back up your sessions.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...woa/72603/wo/5
h67OdRAg0IR3AgU1cEfiAbe4GK/0.0.11.1.0.6.61.0.0.0.0.0.0.3.1.1.0?81,63

If you already have an M-Box/a vocal mic and a pretty new version of
Protools the new G5 Imacs have a nice big flatscreen and are pretty powerful,
like a 17 inch 1.8Ghz/256/80gig/Superdrive for $1,499.00, probably you should
at least go for the extra 512 meg of ram for $75.

All OS 10.3 stuff, but if I was starting out buying everything new from
scratch might as well. And hey, they throw in Garage Band ...

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...woa/72603/wo/5
h67OdRAg0IR3AgU1cEfiAbe4GK/0.0.11.1.0.6.13.0.4.1.3.0.5.1.2.1.1.0

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Audioist / Fox News

hank alrich

WillStG wrote:

snipitty doo dah

you might like to consider a refurbished
Emac

snipitty yay

Will, the only one of those with which I have experience is rather
ambiently noisy. It doesn't bother the guy who has it, but it would
drive me buggier.

--
ha