Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default So what matters more, 2pid?

What we (or more specifically, what our conservative political
elements) want for Iraq, or what a soveriegn nation wants for itself?

BAGHDAD - Iraq's prime minister said Monday his country wants some
type of timetable for a withdrawal of American troops included in the
deal the two countries are negotiating.

It was the first time that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has
explicitly and publicly called for a withdrawal timetable — an idea
opposed by President Bush.

He offered no details. But his national security adviser, Mouwaffak al-
Rubaie, told The Associated Press that the government is proposing a
timetable conditioned on the ability of Iraqi forces to provide
security.

In Washington, the State Department declined to comment on the ongoing
negotiations and said officials in Washington were not yet entirely
sure what al-Maliki had said.

"This falls in the category of ongoing negotiations, and I'm not going
to talk about every single development, every single development in
the negotiations," spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters.

Al-Maliki said in a meeting with Arab diplomats in Abu Dhabi that his
country also has proposed a short-term interim memorandum of agreement
rather than the more formal status of forces agreement the two sides
have been negotiating.

The memorandum "now on the table" includes a formula for the
withdrawal of U.S. troops, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080707/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

So do we accept what Iraq wants for itself, or do the republicans know
what's "best" for them?

Will the republicans accept this "policy of defeat"? Lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
[...]

***************************************

Yeah, isn't that the most priceless thing?

The Iraqi's want us out on a logical schedule.......

The American populace wants us out on a logical schedule......

George Bush and John McCain think that is DEFEAT and not to be
tolerated....we must stay until we have VICTORY (which I'm beginning to feel
is synonymous on their part with (psst.) DOMINION over the oil fields.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 7 Iul, 19:21, "Harry Lavo" wrote:
[...]

But first we need to ask the insurgents to provide their input
as to a logical schedule.