Rob Fisher

Default LP12 - replacing tonearm cable?

I'm considering replacing the tonearm cable in my LP12 (Ittok
LVII/Arkiv/Lingo/Microgroove+ phono stage) most likely with a Russ Andrews
TAK-Cu. Anybody got any opinions? It seems like a sensible kind of
upgrade, but I'm a little wary of Russ Andrews because he seems to sell a
lot of - in my opinion - snake oil. (£900 mains cables, mains purifiers
etc.)

ta

Rob

BTW I wouldn't be fitting it myself - the deck's due a service, and I'd have
it fitted professionally then.
Sander deWaal

Rob Fisher said:

I'm considering replacing the tonearm cable in my LP12 (Ittok
LVII/Arkiv/Lingo/Microgroove+ phono stage) most likely with a Russ Andrews
TAK-Cu. Anybody got any opinions? It seems like a sensible kind of
upgrade, but I'm a little wary of Russ Andrews because he seems to sell a
lot of - in my opinion - snake oil. (£900 mains cables, mains purifiers
etc.)
BTW I wouldn't be fitting it myself - the deck's due a service, and I'd have
it fitted professionally then.

I don't have experience with the cable you mention, but I rewired my
Rega RB300 myself with silvercable by Siltech.
That made a difference with the MM cart I used at that time.
I don't know if it will matter much with MC carts, since the low
impedances involved probably won't allow the cable's properties to
interfere with the signal.

One other tip: let your repairman fit 2 cinch connectors at the back
of the turntable and have the arm wiring mounted directly on them.
This way, you can experiment with different interlinks yourself btw.
turntable and preamp.
Also, this comes in handy when you have to remove the TT (happens all
the time here g).

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy

LP12 - replacing tonearm cable? Rob Fisher General 0 June 16th 04 12:16 AM
Which is the best subwoofer interconnect cable.? Nospam Audio Opinions 5 December 15th 03 05:43 AM
cabling explained Midlant Car Audio 8 November 14th 03 04:07 AM
Seeking advice on speaker cable Eric the Mac Guy General 12 September 17th 03 11:39 AM
Seeking advice on speaker cable Eric the Mac Guy Audio Opinions 12 September 15th 03 03:17 AM