Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default SACD Player Recommendation

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

Sorry Harry, but it was about the slowness of the web site, not my desktop
machine. True this particular machine is far from SOTA - it is merely a
2800+ Athlon 64 with 1 GB of RAM. IOW, your delusions of omniscience are
again noted.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA", given that I've been
editing video on a system with 2 GB dual channel RAM, a 3800+ AM2 dual (not
single) core Athlon 64, and 1/4 terrabyte RAID array, for about 6 months.
I would think that a 5000+ dual core AM2 would be more like the current SOTA
in mainstream A64 processors.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Arny Krueger a scris:
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

Sorry Harry, but it was about the slowness of the web site, not my desktop
machine. True this particular machine is far from SOTA - it is merely a
2800+ Athlon 64 with 1 GB of RAM. IOW, your delusions of omniscience are
again noted.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA", given that I've been
editing video on a system with 2 GB dual channel RAM, a 3800+ AM2 dual (not
single) core Athlon 64, and 1/4 terrabyte RAID array, for about 6 months.
I would think that a 5000+ dual core AM2 would be more like the current SOTA
in mainstream A64 processors.

Arny, the problem isn't your processor, or your RAM, its all of your
snot that's
stuck in your keyboard.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default The Krooborg's Hall of Shame

Arnii "Big ****" Krooger is on the warpath.

Harry

Turdy, you created an attack subthread aimed at Harry. In the past, you've
bitched several times about how horrible it is when others do the same to
you. You've even whined to Mistress Jenn for not taking your tormentors to
task. And now here you are doing the same thing to somebody who's beaten
you at the "debating trade".

Is there any depth of hypocrisy that's too low for you, Mr. ****?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

Sorry Harry, but it was about the slowness of the web site, not my desktop
machine. True this particular machine is far from SOTA - it is merely a
2800+ Athlon 64 with 1 GB of RAM. IOW, your delusions of omniscience are
again noted.

Well, the "slowness" of the web site still allowed it to show up on my
machine in about three seconds.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA", given that I've
been editing video on a system with 2 GB dual channel RAM, a 3800+ AM2
dual (not single) core Athlon 64, and 1/4 terrabyte RAID array, for about
6 months. I would think that a 5000+ dual core AM2 would be more like the
current SOTA in mainstream A64 processors.

Your point in all this (other than bashing me) is..... ???

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default Harry caught in yet another desperate lie

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

But at usual you're obfuscating and whining Harry.

Deal with this:

Meaningless, since this is the performance of a certain
commercial product, and not necessarily representative
of the inherent properties of the respective formats.

Well, that's funny Arny since the Meitner-generated
graphs of a 4us impulse response that were circulated by
Ray Kimber at the last few audio shows showed exactly the
same thing as far as impulse response is concerned. IIRC,
you response was "may have been generated in Photoshop". LOL!!

Harry, you've been caught in yet another lie if you can't provide evidence
of this from google.

Anybody who wants to can try this reasonable google retrieval:

meitner photoshop author:arny

and watch is come up

"did not match any documents"

What is it about IIRC that you don't understand, Arny? Do you think it
stands for "Instant Information that's Really Concrete?"

For your information, the info Ray passed out wasn't identied in any way
with Meitner, but it was done using his equipment. Nes ces pas?

Do you wish to assert that the photos / information did not exist? There
are probably 4000 attendees who can dispute that.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

[...]

Harry, and your point with the post where you started this rukus, other than
obfuscating your inability to answer my critical questions was?????

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
west west is offline

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
news

"west" wrote in message
What would be a good SACD player for my tube audio system in your

opinion?
would like to enjoy the full benefits of the SACD format without

spending
king' ransom. Thanks in advance.

Cordially,
west

I'll give you my usual recommendation....it is very hard to beat Sony's
C pure-DSD (in direct mode) at any price under $2000...and it costs
only about 15% of that on eBay. I use one with an ARC tube preamplifier

and
the sound is gorgeous. The SACD player is as transparent as any on the
market...not as smooth perhaps as some of the super-expensive gear, but

very
very good. At a price under $300 you can get started and decided for
yourself whether good enough is good enough. For me it was and is.

Thanks for remembering the original post.

west

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

[...]

Too lame for any meaningful response. Bye, Arny (you'll have the last word
as ususal).

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"west" wrote in message

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
news

"west" wrote in message
[...]

I always try. :-) It annoys me as a reader (as well as if I'm the poster)
when people ignore a simple request's parameters and go off on a long
pontificating rant or promotion.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

[...]

The part where you say something you are willing to stand behind, Harry.

Do you think it stands for "Instant Information that's
Really Concrete?"

I think it's your cover story for lying, Harry.

For your information, the info Ray passed out wasn't
identied in any way with Meitner, but it was done using
his equipment. Nes ces pas?

When you've got a story you're willing to stand behind Harry, be sure to
post it.

Do you wish to assert that the photos / information did
not exist? There are probably 4000 attendees who can
dispute that.

Meitner is well-known for his unsupportable claims.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

I always try. :-)

..to obfuscate.

It annoys me as a reader (as well as
if I'm the poster) when people ignore a simple request's
parameters and go off on a long pontificating rant or
promotion.

Unh, like you are prone to do Harry?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

I always try. :-)

..to obfuscate.

Thanks for showing your ****iness again, Arny, by cutting and changing the
meaning of the lines above withou any indication to the reader. You are
truly a dishonest man.

It annoys me as a reader (as well as
if I'm the poster) when people ignore a simple request's
parameters and go off on a long pontificating rant or
promotion.

Unh, like you are prone to do Harry?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

[...]

You know, Arny, there is a world outside of the Internet. I said the photo
was handed out at various industry shows. Did I say it was on the internet?
Does not having it on the Internet make me a liar in Kroologic, Arny?

What is it about IIRC that you don't understand, Arny?

The part where you say something you are willing to stand behind, Harry.

Meaningless blather once again, Arny.

Do you think it stands for "Instant Information that's
Really Concrete?"

I think it's your cover story for lying, Harry.

Oh, and how did I lie, Arny?

For your information, the info Ray passed out wasn't
identied in any way with Meitner, but it was done using
his equipment. Nes ces pas?

When you've got a story you're willing to stand behind Harry, be sure to
post it.

I have, Arny. Too bad you are so blinded by oneupsmanship that you can't
read straight.

Do you wish to assert that the photos / information did
not exist? There are probably 4000 attendees who can
dispute that.

Meitner is well-known for his unsupportable claims.

Once again, Arny....I didn't say Meitner had anything to do with it....just
that it was done using *his* box, not Digital Audio Denmark's, thus giving
the lie to your laughable claim that the superior pulse response of DSD is
"box dependent"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Harry Lavo said:

It annoys me as a reader (as well as if I'm the poster)
when people ignore a simple request's parameters and go off on a long
pontificating rant or promotion.

Thank's Hairy for, admitting Harrye that your incompetence in the debating
trade is as mementose as your hatred of modernitty Harey.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Once again, Arny....I didn't say Meitner had anything to
do with it....just that it was done using *his* box, not
Digital Audio Denmark's, thus giving the lie to your
laughable claim that the superior pulse response of DSD
is "box dependent"

Harry invents a new kind of pulse - one that is not dependent on the device
generating it.

The ultimate irony is that Harry pretends to be a subjectivist, while
obsessing on scope traces for which he can show no reliable connection to
the sound quality of music.

SACD and DVD remain numbers for the sake of numbers.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Harry Lavo wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message
.. .
Harry Lavo wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I don't know for sure.

I sure hope not. I thought he was great - extremely knowledgable, and
not afraid to mix it up. I learned a heck of a lot from his postings
- more than from any other usenet poster.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Harry Lavo wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message
Harry Lavo wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I don't
know for sure.

I sure hope not. I thought he was great - extremely
knowledgable, and not afraid to mix it up. I learned a
heck of a lot from his postings - more than from any
other usenet poster.

Apparently, not enough to make you credible.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
om

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA",

Who cares what you would call it? He did, quite appropriately, call
it "hardly SOTA".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

SACD and DVD remain numbers for the sake of numbers.

It's too bad that they did not or could not have come out with, like,
a 88.2kHz stereo format, 16 bits (or maybe more just for marketing's
sake) that would play transparently on existing players. And for
God's sake AGREE ON THE STANDARD.

Between the complexity and cost of proper "surround sound", and the
competing standards...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Harry Lavo wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message
Harry Lavo wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I don't
know for sure.

I sure hope not. I thought he was great - extremely
knowledgable, and not afraid to mix it up. I learned a
heck of a lot from his postings - more than from any
other usenet poster.

Apparently, not enough to make you credible.

OMG! I've been SLAMMED!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:42:12 +0000, Signal wrote:

(paul packer) wrote:

Far be it from me to correct someone's grammar (Hi, Paul, Ringo!), but
shouldn't that be: ..."Far be it from me..."?

Er...no, it should be "Far be it for me...."

Wrong!

Sorry, George, I have to pull you up on that. I don't know if it's a
cultural thing, but we say, "Far be it for me..." Definitely not
"from".

I thought the same, but curiously...
http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/farbeit.html

Well, I've never heard anybody ever say, "Far be it from me...", nor
does it appear to make sense, so I won't be changing.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

SACD and DVD remain numbers for the sake of numbers.

It's too bad that they did not or could not have come out
with, like, a 88.2kHz stereo format, 16 bits (or maybe
more just for marketing's sake) that would play
transparently on existing players. And for God's sake
AGREE ON THE STANDARD.

You still don't get it, do you Dizzy? They already have the CD standard that
is capable of transmitting the full power and glory of music.

Between the complexity and cost of proper "surround
sound", and the competing standards...

The audio industry needs to solve actual problems, not made-up ones like
these. SACD and DVD-A are solutions looking for a problem.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA",

Who cares what you would call it? He did, quite
appropriately, call it "hardly SOTA".

It's not SOTA or anywhere's near. It is a commodity computer, pure and
simple.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Signal a scris:
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with Stewart after he
stopped posting and he was OK, but that was some time ago.

maye he is just on an
extended binge.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
ps.com
Signal a scris:
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I
don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with
Stewart after he stopped posting and he was OK, but that
was some time ago.

maye he is just on an extended binge.

More likely, Pinky is doing what any number of old regulars like JJ have
done - take advantage of a transition in life to break free of the RAO
habit. He is no longer suffering the indignity of being associated in any
way with the Middiot and his clique of no-brains.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Joe Duffy Joe Duffy is offline

In article ,
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
ups.com
Signal a scris:
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I
don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with
Stewart after he stopped posting and he was OK, but that
was some time ago.

maye he is just on an extended binge.

More likely, Pinky is doing what any number of old regulars like JJ have
done - take advantage of a transition in life to break free of the RAO
habit. He is no longer suffering the indignity of being associated in any
way with the Middiot and his clique of no-brains.

I certainly miss Stewart, JJ, Zip and Greg.
Each discussed actual audio, unlike most
regulars on rao now.
RAO has always been the cesspool of newsgroups,
but the new level even bests it's previous
low.
For those who have left but not departed,
I would say that they are probably participating
in life rather than wasting energy here.

Joe

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Joe Duffy" wrote in message

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I
don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with
Stewart after he stopped posting and he was OK, but
that was some time ago.

maye he is just on an extended binge.

More likely, Pinky is doing what any number of old
regulars like JJ have done - take advantage of a
transition in life to break free of the RAO habit. He is
no longer suffering the indignity of being associated in
any way with the Middiot and his clique of no-brains.

I certainly miss Stewart, JJ, Zip and Greg.

Agreed that the worst of them (Greg) was a mental giant of audio compared to
most of our current regulars of the Middiot persusion. Not even Greg has a
stomach for the current cesspool. Hey everybody, watch Art and George duke
it out for RAO's childish bozo of the day award.

Each discussed actual audio, unlike most
regulars on rao now.

Yes, most of these guys would rather argue about how the word audio is
spelled.

RAO has always been the cesspool of newsgroups,
but the new level even bests it's previous low.

Agreed. It's despicable state is well-known among the Usenet audio groups.
It's always fun to see them get batted down when they try to post on any of
the groups that are even halfways serious about audio.

For those who have left but not departed,
I would say that they are probably participating
in life rather than wasting energy here.

I've gotten private emails and other communications from many of them,
mostly bemoaning the state of RAO.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Alone on the mountaintop...

The Krooborg is still "ignoring" me. ;-)

the Middiot persusion

Arnii, do you get your jollies by depositing stinking lumps of Krooglish
all over the place? Given™ your spectacular skill at expressing yourself,
I'm simply amazed you're unable to hold a real-world job.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 8, 5:50 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA",

Who cares what you would call it? He did, quite
appropriately, call it "hardly SOTA".

Good old Arns argues a point that nobody contests:

It's not SOTA or anywhere's near. It is a commodity computer, pure and
simple.

You are such an insane old asshole. And apparently, not too bright,
either.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

dizzy said:

Harry Lavo wrote:
"dizzy" wrote in message
. ..
Harry Lavo wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I don't know for sure.

I sure hope not. I thought he was great - extremely knowledgable, and
not afraid to mix it up. I learned a heck of a lot from his postings
- more than from any other usenet poster.

I'm astonished to hear this.
I've had very pleasant e-mail conversations with him, and even a
business transaction.

If this news is true, I'm saddened.
We had our quibbles in the newsgroups, but in e-mail he always was a
humorous, helpful person to me.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Time for a new machine, Arny. On my hardly SOTA Athlon
3800 machine, the graphics take all of about three
seconds to appear.

I would hardly call an Athlon 3800+ even "hardly SOTA",

Who cares what you would call it? He did, quite
appropriately, call it "hardly SOTA".

It's not SOTA or anywhere's near. It is a commodity computer, pure and
simple.

I'm missing something, Arny. Could you please deconstruct the phrase
"hardly SOTA" for me in Krooglish? Apparently it means something quite
different to you than to those of us who use the English language.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Signal" wrote in message
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with Stewart after he
stopped posting and he was OK, but that was some time ago.

Well, I hope that was all there was to it. I disagreed with Stewart on
many, many things but never wished him ill, and never will. If he is alive
and avoiding usenet, I can understand that. There are days and weeks I
think that might be the solution for me as well. If he has died, I would
hope somebody could confirm it...I don't know how to refer to him any
longer. JJ we know isn't dead; he posts elsewhere.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Joe Duffy and Arns contribute to the low noise level on RAO:

On Mar 8, 10:13 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Joe Duffy" wrote in message

RAO has always been the cesspool of newsgroups,
but the new level even bests it's previous low.

Agreed. It's despicable state is well-known among the Usenet audio groups.
It's always fun to see them get batted down when they try to post on any of
the groups that are even halfways serious about audio.

Um, Arns, you insane old asshole, I see you getting batted down on
those same groups... LOL!

For those who have left but not departed,
I would say that they are probably participating
in life rather than wasting energy here.

I've gotten private emails and other communications from many of them,
mostly bemoaning the state of RAO.

Yet you're still here.

What a trooper!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 8, 8:18 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

More likely, Pinky is doing what any number of old regulars like JJ have
done - take advantage of a transition in life to break free of the RAO
habit. He is no longer suffering the indignity of being associated in any
way with the Middiot and his clique of no-brains.- Hide quoted text -

Poor Arns!

Suffering *indignities*!

LMAO!

Insanity at its best...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 8, 9:35 am, (Joe Duffy) wrote:

For those who have left but not departed,
I would say that they are probably participating
in life rather than wasting energy here.

Hm. What does this say about you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The Krooger Problem: redux no. 753,998

Shhhh! said:

I've gotten private emails and other communications from many of them,
mostly bemoaning the state of RAO.

Yet you're still here.
What a trooper!

The contentious atmosphere of RAO is not Arnii's fault, you know. Mr. ****
has used the "when in Rome...." excuse more times than anybody can count.
(Google can count, but the Krooborg will tell anybody who'll listen that
Google is a font of lies.)

Kroologic leads from the "I didn't start it" excuse (asserted but
unproven) to the "everybody else is worse" lie, and then to the "why
aren't you picking on the enemies of Kroo?" whine. Getting the Krooborg to
take responsibility for its ****fulness is like nailing Jello to a wall.

--

Krooscience: the antidote to education, experience, and excellence
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Doofster to the rescue!

Shhhh! said:

For those who have left but not departed,
I would say that they are probably participating
in life rather than wasting energy here.

Hm. What does this say about you?

It says "Kroopologist".

--

Krooscience: the antidote to education, experience, and excellence
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I
don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with
Stewart after he stopped posting and he was OK, but that
was some time ago.

maye he is just on an extended binge.

More likely, Pinky is doing what any number of old regulars like JJ have
done - take advantage of a transition in life to break free of the RAO
habit. He is no longer suffering the indignity of being associated in any
way with the Middiot and his clique of no-brains.

While on the other hand,
you relish suffering indignity.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

(quote from response to post by the late Stewart
Pinkerton)

Did he really die?

I was told he did, and he has not posted since. I
don't know for sure.

A poster on uk.rec.audio said he had contact with
Stewart after he stopped posting and he was OK, but
that was some time ago.

maye he is just on an extended binge.

More likely, Pinky is doing what any number of old
regulars like JJ have done - take advantage of a
transition in life to break free of the RAO habit. He is
no longer suffering the indignity of being associated in
any way with the Middiot and his clique of no-brains.

While on the other hand, you relish suffering indignity.

What indignity - having some dogs bark at me? LOL!

Posting on RAO keeps me in practice for suffering fools.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:49:43 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

SACD and DVD remain numbers for the sake of numbers.

It's too bad that they did not or could not have come out
with, like, a 88.2kHz stereo format, 16 bits (or maybe
more just for marketing's sake) that would play
transparently on existing players. And for God's sake
AGREE ON THE STANDARD.

You still don't get it, do you Dizzy? They already have the CD standard that
is capable of transmitting the full power and glory of music.

If you really believe this, Arny, it's time you reminded us again
about your own system. If we knew what it was we could all get one the
same and get the same enjoyment from ordinary CDs that you appear to.

Between soldering jobs, I mean.