Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

Default Question for Bret Ludwig

I've asked this before, and didn't receive a reasonable answer. So
I'll try again.

Why do you do what you do? Why do you pollute this newsgroup with off
topic posts that very few people bother to read? I've heard a couple
of explanations, such as wanting to be on the Google archives (do you
really believe this is the same as being published?). There's also
the quixotic explanation of wanting to save this newsgroup from
oblivion, also known as the ScottW Argument. I don't buy that, either.

If I sat you down in a room face to face, I'd have you yammering madly
and weeping into the sofa cushion inside of five minutes because there
is simply no logical reason to do what you do. It is a sign of some
sort of personality disorder...guaranteed. But once again I'd like to
give you a chance to explain yourself to the group, using logic and
reason. We want to understand you. If there is a decent reason for
your behavior here, we want to hear it.

Go ahead...now's your chance to justify your existence on RAO.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

"
[...]

First off, I don't need to justify my existence to anyone but myself. And
I don't need to justify using Usenet since it's my tax money that paid for
its development, to a large extent.

But your question is an interesting one.

I suppose the reason I started was frustration; frustration at the total
lack of ability to THINK I've seen diplayed here on r.a.o.

And frustration at the total hypocrisy of those who howled at "off topic"
postings who themselves had no on topic message either.

I don't ask other people to agree with the interesting and provocative
stuff I put up here when there is no good audio content (which is
ususlly). I do ask someone THINK about it, or at the very least, think
about something.

And I suppose another motivation is that it's fun.

Got any better ideas?

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Jun 9, 2:01�pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
�"
[...]

Yeah...stick to audio on an audio forum.

Boon