Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Ted Kennedy, that piece of dreck, receives commentary from readers

A CA Lawyer Says Ted Kennedy Couldnt €œCarry His Own Water On A Simple
Test€; etc.

From: Rachelle Young (e-mail her)

Joe Guzzardis Column: Teddy Kennedy: The Worst Of The Bad Guys

Guzzardis column is spot on.

But Guzzardi omitted one other, disgusting detail from Kennedys life:
his cheating on a Spanish test that led to his temporary expulsion in 1951
from Harvard.

I remember reading about it when it happened, and I formed my opinion of
Kennedy then.

That this privileged slob, cloaked in a sense of entitlement, couldn't
even be troubled to carry his own water on a simple test revealed much
about his lack of character.

Kennedys subsequent behavior only reinforced my contempt for him.

I worked while going through undergraduate and much of my postgraduate
studies. I earned my degrees without cheating, and without ever being
tempted or inclined to cheat.

Kennedy has left a trail of slime behind him throughout his life.

Too bad, I suppose, that Kennedy is sick. I admit though that part of me
has hoped for years that he would keel over from a heart attack or, better
yet, fall off his boat and drown.

I am old enough to know far better people than Kennedy who have died.

Young has B.A. and J.D. degrees although she does not currently practice
law.

A Maryland Reader Says Kennedy Loves Refugees€¦But Keep Them Away From
Hyannis Port!

From: Ann Corcoran (e-mail her)

I€˜ve just read Guzzardis column about Senator Ted Kennedys role in
assuring our borders are wide open to the world.

One area Guzzardi overlooked is the Massachusetts Senators singular
role in bringing millions of refugees to the United States from Third
World countries.

Kennedy sponsored the Refugee Act of 1980, signed into law that same year
by President Jimmy Carter.

When most Americans think about refugee resettlement, they imagine poor
wretches in the big cities.

But I write a blog titled Refugee Resettlement Watch and we report on the
disruption that Kennedys law and the massive federal program it spawned
has brought to small and medium sized cities nationwide.

Many uninformed pundits laud Kennedys work with refugees, no doubt
operating under the fuzzy misconception that the poor and huddled masses
come for a better life, mostly helped along by various church charities.

The truth: Kennedy has enabled herds of roaming Muslim Somalis to follow
the trail of jobs at meatpacking plants owned by the likes of Tyson Foods,
depressing wages and disrupting communities with their refusal to
assimilate, filing suits if they are told they cant pray during work
hours or have to remove their robes and head scarves to wear a uniform
required for safety.

Kennedys Refugee Resettlement program, part of the U.S. State
Department, is sacrosanct€”deemed such a good and noble cause that no one
dare touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Kennedy and his Democratic Senate friends like Joe Biden and Carl Levin
set up a program where your tax dollars are distributed to ten major
voluntary organizations, known commonly as €œvolags€.

The concept of €œvoluntary€ is a joke.

Volags are paid millions of your dollars each year to resettle refugees.

Since volags are paid by the head, they have a huge incentive to keep the
refugee flow coming.

But within three months, their money collected, the volags literally walk
away from these immigrants who may have spent years in a refugee camp and
have no clue how to function in our complex society.

Kennedy is responsible for bringing over two million refugees to the
United States.

Although two million may seem small number compared to the millions who
cross our borders freely, many of them are some of the roughest people in
the world€”Russian mobsters, Muslim Bosnians and Albanians (remember the
Ft. Dix Six), Somalis and other Africans many of whom are illegal aliens
who arrive via boats onto European shores and then are admitted via free
airfare to the US as refugees.

Upon arrival, all immediately receive welfare benefits not available to
other classes of immigrants.

Just before his illness, Kennedy snuck a bill on to a defense
authorization bill to expand the number of Iraqis we would bring to the
US.

The State Department already had the authority to bring thousands of
Iraqis to America. But Kennedy managed to shove another 5,000 a year down
the Bush administrations throat.

Surely there are some deserving Iraqis.

But even Iraq is asking for them to come home to rebuild their homeland,
where they would be of more value than cutting meat at Swifts in
Greeley, Colorado.

One thing you can be sure of: Kennedys refugees wont be playing
touch football in Hyannis Port or sailing off Cape Cod.
VDARE.COM note: for much more on the refugee industry rip off, read our
comprehensive archive with columns by our experts Thomas Allen, Juan Mann
and Ed Rubenstein.

A Colorado Reader Says Dont Forget Kennedys Palm Beach Philandering

From: Daniel Boyle (e-mail him)

Guzzardi forgot about the sickening and perverted behavior of the grossly
overweight, middle-aged Teddy Kennedy in Palm Beach, Florida on March 29,
1991.

That fateful night involved Kennedy, along with his hard-drinking son,
Patrick€”now a Rhode Island Congressman€”and his nephew William Kennedy
Smith and included drunkenness, rape (charges brought by Patricia Bowman
against Smith), stonewalling and lying to the police, obstructing justice
and spreading false rumors about the alleged rape victim.

Of course, the Kennedys suffered no serious consequences.

Instead, Smith was acquitted of all charges and in 1994 Kennedy was
re-elected by a comfortable margin.

Try as I might, I find it hard to feel sorry for Kennedy despite his
terminal illness.

As Guzzardi wrote, cancer is a scourge.

But so is Teddy Kennedy.

Joe Guzzardi comments: Thanks to readers Young, Corcoran and Boyle for
their excellent letters. We received many others that we will be posting
over the next few weeks.

Among a columnists considerations when he sits down to draft his piece,
especially when the subject is as content-rich as Teddy Kennedy, is not to
overload his article with excessive detail.

So I am grateful to our well-informed readers for filling in the
information gaps."

http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_060708.htm

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Slant-Eyed Chinks and Gooks, who loves nearly, when Kenny receives the sad pear on the shore, Tired Werewolf. Skip Middleton Pro Audio 0 June 27th 06 10:04 AM
card readers? terry g High End Audio 2 September 25th 05 09:45 PM
social commentary, performance art or smut? [email protected] Tech 0 January 11th 05 11:09 PM