Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default "Mistakes Were Made"

From a Times Online lead story:

Gonzales Says 'Mistakes Were Made' in Firing of Prosecutors
By DAVID STOUT
Published: March 13, 2007
WASHINGTON, March 13 - Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales said this
afternoon that " I accept that mistakes were made" in the decision to
replace some United States attorneys, but he vowed to stay on the job and
fix the system.

Just like "We Were Forced to War by 9/11"

And "Stuff Happens"

And "The Debil Made Me Do It"

What an Administration! Here's a *NEW* slogan for them:

"High Crimes and Misdemeanors Happen"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 13, 5:07 pm, "Harry Lavo" wrote:
From a Times Online lead story:

Gonzales Says 'Mistakes Were Made' in Firing of Prosecutors
By DAVID STOUT
Published: March 13, 2007
WASHINGTON, March 13 - Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales said this
afternoon that " I accept that mistakes were made" in the decision to
replace some United States attorneys, but he vowed to stay on the job and
fix the system.

Just like "We Were Forced to War by 9/11"

And "Stuff Happens"

And "The Debil Made Me Do It"

What an Administration! Here's a *NEW* slogan for them:

"High Crimes and Misdemeanors Happen"

But bushie and cheney have "character."

Isn't that all that really matters?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Harry Lavo a scris:
From a Times Online lead story:

Gonzales Says 'Mistakes Were Made' in Firing of Prosecutors
By DAVID STOUT
Published: March 13, 2007
WASHINGTON, March 13 - Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales said this
afternoon that " I accept that mistakes were made" in the decision to
replace some United States attorneys, but he vowed to stay on the job and
fix the system.

Just like "We Were Forced to War by 9/11"

And "Stuff Happens"

And "The Debil Made Me Do It"

I thought that stealing Clinton's line was quite crass.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Yes, they were.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/sc...erland&emc=rss

"I don’t want to pick on Al Gore,” Don J. Easterbrook, an emeritus professor of
geology at Western Washington University, told hundreds of experts at the annual
meeting of the Geological Society of America. “But there are a lot of
inaccuracies in the statements we are seeing, and we have to temper that with
real data.”

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

"Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent
climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one
scientist's controversial theory."

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Idiot burped:

"Simultaneous warming

Scooter, it's idiotic to make global warming a political issue, but I don't
expect that to deter you from trying.

How about Dumbya & Co. silencing as many real scientists as they can?
Doesn't that strike you as venal and idiotic?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message
Yes, they were.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/science/13gore.html?ex=1331438400&en=2df9d6e7a5aa6ed6&ei=5 090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss "I don't want to pick on Al Gore," Don J. Easterbrook, an emeritusprofessor of geology at Western Washington University, told hundreds ofexperts at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America. "Butthere are a lot of inaccuracies in the statements we are seeing, and we haveto temper that with real data."And the inaccuracies, and the undermining data are..... ???Here's the gist of the article:"Typically, the concern is not over the existence of climate change, or theidea that the human production of heat-trapping gases is partly or largelyto blame for the globe's recent warming. The question is whether Mr. Gorehas gone beyond the scientific evidence."" "He's a very polarizing figure in the science community," said Roger A.Pielke Jr., an environmental scientist who is a colleague of Dr. Vranes atthe University of Colorado center. "Very quickly, these discussions turnfrom the issue to the person, and become a referendum on Mr. Gore." "" "On balance, he did quite well - a credible and entertaining job on adifficult subject," Dr. Oppenheimer said. "For that, he deserves a lot ofcredit. If you rake him over the coals, you're going to find people whodisagree. But in terms of the big picture, he got it right." "Sounds like a politically-charged debate to me. That's a heavy load ofscientific evidence you've brought into this, Scott. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html "Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recentclimate changes have a natural-and not a human-induced-cause, according toone scientist's controversial theory."Oh, hey....that's good logic. That means my car and that one driving nextto me on the four lane highway are being pulled along by the same engine,right?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Moral: don't copy quotations from the citations and add quotation marks to
them. Or you get the above html mishmash, I guess.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

The Idiot burped:

"Simultaneous warming

Scooter, it's idiotic to make global warming a political issue, but I don't
expect that to deter you from trying.

Tell it to Gore, he tried to make a comeback on it till he tripped
over his hypocrisy.

How about Dumbya & Co. silencing as many real scientists as they can?

Is that why we need a Society of Environmental Journalists?

http://www.sej.org/resource/index18.htm

Doesn't that strike you as venal and idiotic?

Yes it does.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
. ..

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Are they both solar powered?

Moral: don't copy quotations from the citations and add quotation marks to
them. Or you get the above html mishmash, I guess.

Regardless, I'm inclined to think your hot air nonsense might even
warm Mars.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Have you already bought your weekly allotment of energy
credits from AL Gore?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Yesterday I heard some report about a concerned tree hugging mayor
who rides his bicycle to work. His aide follows in a car, carrying his
briefcase!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Lavo a scris:
"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Give him credit (pun intended) for doing it. Is George Bush?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, there is a lot of posturing on this subject, for sure. But that
doesn't mean the issue isn't real.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

Yes, they were.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/sc...400&en=2df9d6e
7a5aa6ed6&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

"I don’t want to pick on Al Gore,” Don J. Easterbrook, an emeritus professor
of
geology at Western Washington University, told hundreds of experts at the
annual
meeting of the Geological Society of America. “But there are a lot of
inaccuracies in the statements we are seeing, and we have to temper that with
real data.”

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2007...presenting.php

Broad is trying to make the case that the scientific "middle ground in
the climate debate" is criticising Gore for alarmism. Trouble is, most
of the critics he quotes are not from the middle at all, but are
skeptics who reject the scientific consensus. He has skeptics Benny
Peiser, Roy Spencer, Richard Lindzen, Bob Carter, Don Easterbrook, Bjorn
Lomberg and Paul Reiter. Broad identifies a couple of these as skeptics,
but misleads his readers by making it appear that the others are from
the middle.

It gets worse. Broad simply misrepresents the findings of the IPCC to
make it appear that they contradict Gore.

--

End quote.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

"Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent
climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to
one scientist's controversial theory."

A single scientist's "controversial theory" trumps scientific consensus?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html
"Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent
climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to
one scientist's controversial theory."

A single scientist's "controversial theory" trumps scientific consensus?

Sure it does -- at least if you believe science is half black magic and
half damned lies.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 13, 11:16 pm, "ScottW" wrote:

Regardless, I'm inclined to think your hot air nonsense might even
warm Mars.

I'm sure, like a good right-wing 'thinker,' you'd agree the best place
to settle the global warming issue is in the marketplace. I'm with
you: as long as there's one single scientist who is willing to go on
record debating whther or not there is a human element, we should have
massive doubt about it.

I think, like the good conservatives that we are, we should let the
market decide if there's a human element to global warming.

"The leaders of several worldwide corporations - including General
Electric, Volvo and Air France-KLM - called Tuesday for prompt,
decisive action on climate change created by the emission of
greenhouse gases and carbon dioxide."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17257868/

"Cohen [i.e. ExxonMobil spokeman] said that the world's largest
publicly traded oil company, long the leading corporate symbol of
skepticism about global warming, has never denied the existence of
climate change. He added that "the global ecosystem is showing signs
of warming, particularly in polar areas" and "the appropriate debate
isn't on whether the climate is changing but rather should be on what
we should be doing about it."

It looks like the market is speaking, toopid. They understand what the
vast majority of those kooky liberal scientists are saying.

Education, the media, and now scientists. Is there a single group that
isn't jam-packed with kooky liberals?

Imbecile.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Harry Lavo a scris:

Have you already bought your weekly allotment of energy
credits from AL Gore?

Give him credit (pun intended) for doing it. Is George Bush?

give Gore credit for participating in a scam?

Bush has a green compliant home

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Harry Lavo a scris:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Yesterday I heard some report about a concerned tree hugging mayor
who rides his bicycle to work. His aide follows in a car, carrying his
briefcase!

Yeah, there is a lot of posturing on this subject, for sure. But that
doesn't mean the issue isn't real.

posturing is what politicians (both sides)
do best.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

Bush has a green compliant home

I'm sure you meant something by that.

Meanwhile, the EU wants Germany to impose a speed limit of 130 on the
Autobahn. Green green green!

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Lavo a scris:

Have you already bought your weekly allotment of energy
credits from AL Gore?

Give him credit (pun intended) for doing it. Is George Bush?

give Gore credit for participating in a scam?

Bush has a green compliant home

Can you provide a link or reference to factual data for same?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Harry Lavo a scris:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bush has a green compliant home

Can you provide a link or reference to factual data for same?

reprint originally published in the ChicagoTribune

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Lavo a scris:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bush has a green compliant home

Can you provide a link or reference to factual data for same?

reprint originally published in the ChicagoTribune

Well, that is a surprise. I wonder if the President had anything to do with
it, other than arranging a mortgage. Or perhaps Laura did that as well?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Signal wrote: